My first 24 hours on Scribble Hub

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It's been just over 24 hours since I joined (maybe closer to 48?), and I was curious to see how I am doing on this site in comparison to others. On Royal Road, it's a bit easier to understand because the algorithm and reader engagement is pretty high and easy to understand, but here it's a little bit more up in the air. Luckily, I have a few friends leading me along. Below the stats I'm about to post, I have some questions I'd love for some veterans to answer.

Views: 1117
Favorites: 20
Ratings: 5 star average, 11 ratings.

What have you done on this site that gave you success? What practices do you live by?
How could I push my story to get more clicks? My story is an epic fantasy, so I know it's not exactly the fan-favorite on the site *as compared to isekai and litrpg*
While we're talking about successes.... if you answer any of these, answer this: What successes have you seen on this site so far? Big or small! :D Celebrate them with me.
20 favourites right off the bat? I worked my ass off for 6 months and barely got 19 damn.
are you doing daily updates? cause' I think that's how it works

The secret to success is writing the tropes that readers here want to read. That and that alone gets you readers.
you don't even need to think, just do this ad infinitum.

Briizy98

20 favourites right off the bat? I worked my ass off for 6 months and barely got 19 damn.
are you doing daily updates? cause' I think that's how it works

you don't even need to think, just do this ad infinitum.
I don’t know! I come from RR so I’ve been releasing 2 chapters until I’m caught up so maybeee

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Oooh okay thank you! Sorry about that :3
No problem.
I just didn't want you getting in trouble in the future for it.
>w<

Also, I've realised several people don't know about the function of multi-quoting.

X

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Is nobody else going to point out that 24 hours is a horribly insufficient amount of time to decide whether or not you're doing 'well'?

Day 1 on this site is actually a pretty good indicator of how successful you'll be. It's the time of free visibility, and if you don't get popular here (assuming no cover/synopsis/tag changes), you're likely not going to get uber popular later either.

Venior

Those statistics are crazy good, especially for only being a day or two old.

I started posting my own work at a similar time, give or take a day or so, and here are my own statistics;

stats.png

I don't really advertise my story, though... unless you consider having it mentioned in my signature.

I definitely am enjoying my time on this site, though. Lots of nice people... and surprisingly a lot of horny people lmfaoo looking at you @CupcakeNinja

I'm going to be going through and cleaning up my 8 chapters tonight, and preparing my 9th chapter for release. It is fortunate that I have a 50+ chapter backlog to work with, which gives me the opportunity to take my time with these things.

What advice do you specifically have for someone who is also new? How did you go about getting so many ratings so quickly? I assume you asked around the forum for reviews/ratings, but what other tricks do you use? :D

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

I started posting my own work at a similar time, give or take a day or so, and here are my own statistics;

View attachment 3284

I don't really advertise my story, though... unless you consider having it mentioned in my signature.

I definitely am enjoying my time on this site, though. Lots of nice people... and surprisingly a lot of horny people lmfaoo looking at you @CupcakeNinja

I'm going to be going through and cleaning up my 8 chapters tonight, and preparing my 9th chapter for release. It is fortunate that I have a 50+ chapter backlog to work with, which gives me the opportunity to take my time with these things.

What advice do you specifically have for someone who is also new? How did you go about getting so many ratings so quickly? I assume you asked around the forum for reviews/ratings, but what other tricks do you use? :D
Its not a state of being. Its a lifestyle choice

Briizy98

View attachment 3284

Sooo the thing is, I didn’t ask for ratings aside from a few friends who have read my story before. I’d say 6 are friend friends?
The others came naturally. I don’t know how, but they did!
I’m currently sitting at 1.3k, 33 favorites, 16 ratings. But I only have 15 readers, whereas you have 21!
Like I said, this site is so confusing! I’m enjoying it too, though. I’ll add your story to my list and give it a look at soon :)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Sooo the thing is, I didn’t ask for ratings aside from a few friends who have read my story before. I’d say 6 are friend friends?
The others came naturally. I don’t know how, but they did!
I’m currently sitting at 1.3k, 33 favorites, 16 ratings. But I only have 15 readers, whereas you have 21!
Like I said, this site is so confusing! I’m enjoying it too, though. I’ll add your story to my list and give it a look at soon :)
your Reader count is basically just an indicator for the general amount of readers that'll genuinely engage with your story, they only count if one of your chapters gets bookmarked. most readers here don't even bookmark; they just have a tab in their phone and press the button for the next chapter whenever the button's illuminated. even then, sometimes these readers only are counted solely because they bookmarked your first chapter cause they found it relatively interesting and 'plan' to read em. those shits will never read your story, trust me. take it from me: I got around 60 readers and barely a tenth of them got to the final chapter. there might be some people who do that extra tab thing or straight up forgot to bookmark beyond the first chapter, but for now, I'm sticking to the pessimist route. disappoints me less that way.

bottom line is, the reader count is janky as fuck and requires a lot of engagement from the reader themselves. and as far as I'm concerned, you're better off watching the favourite count than the reader count. i barely have an average of one to two favourites in all my 12 chapters posted, while people with barely any readers get 16 or 17 favs right off the bat with only 8 or so chapters.

on an extra note, if reader count and engagement is what you're really striving for, I suggest you just do research on popular tags and run with buzzwords and popular troupes. even the most cookie cutter of isekais get easy numbers compared to the genuinely unique and quality stories on the site. hell, if you got a gender bent yuri harem in your story you're legally bound to have at least 10 favourites on your first chapter along with several of those "thanks for the chapter" comments. don't worry about grammar or punctuation or even plot building at that. these demographic don't care about story. they just want funny haha fluff moments. just write like you're watching a compilation of "Cute Loli Romance Moments #24" on it. you'll get those sweet sweet patreon money in no time.

Riese

Just a writer for fun
Just keep posting and you will be getting more views and readers. Enjoy the long process of being famous and welcome again to scribblehub. :blobtaco:

Leti

As someone who only published short and completed stories that can be read in one sitting, I don't think statistics matter. It's just a number, after all. For me, having my story published is enough to make me happy.
Bonus point if it makes people cringe.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
What have you done on this site that gave you success? What practices do you live by?

My practice is to take pride in having the lowest-rated story on the site. I say find your niche, something that sets your story apart, and work that angle.

D

Deleted member 29316

I successfully pissed off my readers due to the differing opinions on how a bullying should be treated by my MC.

Also, because some of them are looking for logical things in an illogical situation. 😑😑😑

Briizy98

your Reader count is basically just an indicator for the general amount of readers that'll genuinely engage with your story, they only count if one of your chapters gets bookmarked. most readers here don't even bookmark; they just have a tab in their phone and press the button for the next chapter whenever the button's illuminated. even then, sometimes these readers only are counted solely because they bookmarked your first chapter cause they found it relatively interesting and 'plan' to read em. those shits will never read your story, trust me. take it from me: I got around 60 readers and barely a tenth of them got to the final chapter. there might be some people who do that extra tab thing or straight up forgot to bookmark beyond the first chapter, but for now, I'm sticking to the pessimist route. disappoints me less that way.

bottom line is, the reader count is janky as fuck and requires a lot of engagement from the reader themselves. and as far as I'm concerned, you're better off watching the favourite count than the reader count. i barely have an average of one to two favourites in all my 12 chapters posted, while people with barely any readers get 16 or 17 favs right off the bat with only 8 or so chapters.

on an extra note, if reader count and engagement is what you're really striving for, I suggest you just do research on popular tags and run with buzzwords and popular troupes. even the most cookie cutter of isekais get easy numbers compared to the genuinely unique and quality stories on the site. hell, if you got a gender bent yuri harem in your story you're legally bound to have at least 10 favourites on your first chapter along with several of those "thanks for the chapter" comments. don't worry about grammar or punctuation or even plot building at that. these demographic don't care about story. they just want funny haha fluff moments. just write like you're watching a compilation of "Cute Loli Romance Moments #24" on it. you'll get those sweet sweet patreon money in no time.
Thank you SO much :D <3
Just keep posting and you will be getting more views and readers. Enjoy the long process of being famous and welcome again to scribblehub. :blobtaco:

Thank you :cry::love:

My practice is to take pride in having the lowest-rated story on the site. I say find your niche, something that sets your story apart, and work that angle.
That is something to be proud of. I see your little forum tagline is honoring it too :b

I successfully pissed off my readers due to the differing opinions on how a bullying should be treated by my MC.
Good? I think??? Did you want to make them angry? XD

D

Deleted member 29316

Thank you SO much :D <3

Thank you :cry::love:

That is something to be proud of. I see your little forum tagline is honoring it too :b

Good? I think??? Did you want to make them angry? XD
Nope. It isn't my intention. My story is a comedy.

But they're being angry for me. I based my MC on my experiences when I got bullied myself way back in elementary. And what an adult would do in such cases (at least in my country).

In any case, I find their reactions amusing. And I didn't bother to answer them because I already explained my answer in other comments.

We just didn't agree.

Briizy98

Nope. It isn't my intention. My story is a comedy.

But they're being angry for me. I based my MC on my experiences when I got bullied myself way back in elementary. And what an adult would do in such cases (at least in my country).

In any case, I find their reactions amusing. And I didn't bother to answer them because I already explained my answer in other comments.

We just didn't agree.
Ooooh no :( I am sorry, sometimes readers can get so passionate they take it out in the comments. Here's to hoping they agree in the coming chapters! :blob_aww:

tigerine

I use Scribblehub as a mirror for a webserial novel I am posting on a standalone site, posting chapters one week behind my main site. My novel isn't a popular collection of tropes (BL already makes it unlikely to be clicked on, cultivation, xianxia, isekai even more so), so I'm fairly satisfied with my statistics. I post every week, consistently, and communicate on my profile if I'm not going to be posting and why. I have some engaged readers, and on a site that's not overly friendly to BL, that's all I can ask for, really.

Briizy98

I use Scribblehub as a mirror for a webserial novel I am posting on a standalone site, posting chapters one week behind my main site. My novel isn't a popular collection of tropes (BL already makes it unlikely to be clicked on, cultivation, xianxia, isekai even more so), so I'm fairly satisfied with my statistics. I post every week, consistently, and communicate on my profile if I'm not going to be posting and why. I have some engaged readers, and on a site that's not overly friendly to BL, that's all I can ask for, really.
Congrats on your success!!! :D It's a good feeling to reach goals.

D

Deleted member 29316

Ooooh no :( I am sorry, sometimes readers can get so passionate they take it out in the comments. Here's to hoping they agree in the coming chapters! :blob_aww:
Nah. It's fine. If they don't agree, they're free to drop my work anytime. I write because I enjoy it anyway.

And you should too! Cheers! 😉😉😉

Yurekli_Kedi

It's been just over 24 hours since I joined (maybe closer to 48?), and I was curious to see how I am doing on this site in comparison to others. On Royal Road, it's a bit easier to understand because the algorithm and reader engagement is pretty high and easy to understand, but here it's a little bit more up in the air. Luckily, I have a few friends leading me along. Below the stats I'm about to post, I have some questions I'd love for some veterans to answer.

Views: 1117
Favorites: 20
Ratings: 5 star average, 11 ratings.

How could I push my story to get more clicks? My story is an epic fantasy, so I know it's not exactly the fan-favorite on the site *as compared to isekai and litrpg*
While we're talking about successes.... if you answer any of these, answer this: What successes have you seen on this site so far? Big or small! :D Celebrate them with me.

I am not that great with this writing and stuff but I think the readers long for a mixture of originality with some familiarity.

It's you that should decide how much of the both you'll have in your story but if one quality of your story has uniqueness, unless you are going for creating a unique story with extremely common attributes or something, I believe that you should make the other qualities more familiar. Other than that; for genre specific advice, don't ask me anything if you are going for epic fantasy setting.
Perhaps time to time create polls to ask your readers which direction they want the story to go.
And to get more feedback, try interacting with your readers.
That said, do remember that you are the author in the end.

Welp anyways, if a seasoned writer's thoughts contradict mine, you should probably go with their words. Good luck!