My revelation

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
There is nothing wrong with a character feeling weak, bound by social norm, being soft to their blooded relatives, flawed etc. Thus, it was not a good reason to say a novel with such character as the protag is good or bad.

What I did realise recently is that I am entitled to the “don’t like, don’t read” rule. This means I have absolutely no reason to read a novel with a character that I don’t like.

It just came to me that a novel that I don’t like is never a good novel for me. Hence, while I couldn’t say it is bad, I could always say it is not great for me.

After all, I read novels to find a new experience, to discover characters that I would like, not to deny my own feeling. I have no reason to be satisfied with thing that I consider mediocre as long as I keep it to myself and not use it as a reason to rate the quality of a novel.

I finally solve this internal conflict which stemmed from my frustration of not encountering a novel to my liking. Now I see why I can never agree with other people’s praises for a novel I don’t like. I finally understand why it was right and wrong and not-right and not-wrong at the same time.

At last, I have obtained enlightenment and found peace in disagreement.

Gibbs505

There is nothing wrong with a character feeling weak, bound by social norm, being soft to their blooded relatives, flawed etc. Thus, it was not a good reason to say a novel with such character as the protag is good or bad.

What I did realise recently is that I am entitled to the “don’t like, don’t read” rule. This means I have absolutely no reason to read a novel with a character that I don’t like.

It just came to me that a novel that I don’t like is never a good novel for me. Hence, while I couldn’t say it is bad, I could always say it is not great for me.

After all, I read novels to find a new experience, to discover characters that I would like, not to deny my own feeling. I have no reason to be satisfied with thing that I consider mediocre as long as I keep it to myself and not use it as a reason to rate the quality of a novel.

I finally solve this internal conflict which stemmed from my frustration of not encountering a novel to my liking. Now I see why I can never agree with other people’s praises for a novel I don’t like. I finally understand why it was right and wrong and not-right and not-wrong at the same time.

At last, I have obtained enlightenment and found peace in disagreement.
Glad that you got that out!!!:cool::cool: