My second chapter got more views than the first?

Candy_Man

Nani? pls someone explain what happened.

Was my second chapter so much better than the first that people decided to skip to it? Were my readers trolling me? Are the statistics just buggy?

Need an explanation quickly, my mind hurts trying to figure out the reason why.

Candy_Man

It depends. Sometimes, people just stop at the second chapter and come back to it later, and that counts as two views, I think.
Hold up, a single person can go back to a chapter and that counts as two views? Oh boy, that new variable is really gonna make things messy from now on. xd

Mechaphobic

I had seen this in the past. Did you add a cover after the first chapter? Another thing that can happen, since it is early enough in the book, is some people can click the second chapter than just backtrack to the first in the novel and that will adjust the views when they go back to the second chapter. Or if they logged in when they were reading it, they now have 2 users.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Daily, chapters view counts and readers number aren't reliable indicator of how many people read your work.

Use weekly or monthly statistics of valid reads to get an idea.

Candy_Man

Daily, chapters view counts and readers number aren't reliable indicator of how many people read your work.

Use weekly or monthly statistics of valid reads to get an idea.
Ok, I'll just ignore it for now. Checking back a month later should be more accurate after all.
If you want, you can smurf accounts and jack the numbers up yourself, it is like masturbation though, so...
oof XD

Macrendil-Ysmir

Something I noticed is that when you upload multiple chapters in 1 day the first chapter of that batch will get significantly less views. Probably just people clicking on the latest chapter rather than the latest unread chapter.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Get used to it, kek. People revisit chapters, people click on the latest chapter first, people click on the chapter that is shown in recent updates, etc, etc.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Some people try to skip prologues and introductions, to get to the meat of the story and figure it out from there.
To get to the meat of the story... meat of the story.....

Nani? pls someone explain what happened.

Was my second chapter so much better than the first that people decided to skip to it? Were my readers trolling me? Are the statistics just buggy?

Need an explanation quickly, my mind hurts trying to figure out the reason why.
Many different reasons.
1). The second chapter was the one the reader saw first.
2). The first chapter was a prologue.
3). The secobd chapter was the most recent update.
4). The second chapter has an intriguing title.
5). All of the above.

And many more reasons.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Next Title: My Third Chapter Got More Views than my Second Chapter... AND MY PROLOGUE!