Need advice

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
I was thinking of making a paid dnd campaign to support my hoppies i did dm about 5 times for free up to now and can write all short and long stories, my style is usually similar to anime, and i not following the rules exactly i usually try to make the players have a good experience, and was wandering what price shall i put, i think 3$ per person a section is good although all i see i crazy amount of money being paid for other dm and think it's a lot

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I wouldn’t recommend it. I’ve only known one person who did paid games, people would commission him to run one or two shot games for groups, but he was also known as our area’s DND guy. His (main) game has like 7 players right now and he’s been dming for a ton of years. Point being is he is crazy, and crazy good. No matter how little someone pays they‘ll expect a level of quality above what is normally offered for free.

The exception to this would be if you ran a game for a youth club/community center, after school program because that is often just baby siting with extra steps.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I was thinking of making a paid dnd campaign to support my hoppies i did dm about 5 times for free up to now and can write all short and long stories, my style is usually similar to anime, and i not following the rules exactly i usually try to make the players have a good experience, and was wandering what price shall i put, i think 3$ per person a section is good although all i see i crazy amount of money being paid for other dm and think it's a lot
Cool go ahead with it
Also what's a hoppies?

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
I wouldn’t recommend it. I’ve only known one person who did paid games, people would commission him to run one or two shot games for groups, but he was also known as our area’s DND guy. His (main) game has like 7 players right now and he’s been dming for a ton of years. Point being is he is crazy, and crazy good. No matter how little someone pays they‘ll expect a level of quality above what is normally offered for free.

The exception to this would be if you ran a game for a youth club/community center, after school program because that is often just baby siting with extra steps.
Well i was going to make it online, i think i am a bit good at being a dm as the 30 people i dm until now including strangers did say ut was good and i actually found 3$ too much but all paid games charge 5 times the price, i am confused about what to do tho
●︿●

WarJoy

Start with low price compared to truly experienced paid DMs. Get experience this way. Go into other paid DMs games, buy one or two and then note how they do it. Send a message to some of them, asking if they have any advice for someone that wants to go into it. They were once newbies, too.

Get ready for it to be hard and tedious, as anything when it becomes a job. But if you manage to endure it you will become a proffesional dm. Something really cool in my view.

Grandloaf

I dunno. I GM for fun, I couldn't imagine myself making it into a stressful job but that's just me. Also peoples expectations could be crazy if they have to pay for it

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You do what you gotta do to earn money, but keep in mind that earning money for doing things can make them less enjoyable.

LostLibrarian

Keep in mind, that paying for stuff also gives the consumer "the right to complain".
If someone is the GM for free and fun, people will accept and overlook small problems. The moment they pay for it, they will demand that all the stuff works. "Skipping rules" can become a big problem the moment money is involved.

As said above, if you really want to make money with it: go into other paid sessions and see how they do it. See the difference between paid levels and also see what expectations the players have. Do they want graphical or musical stuff? How are battles, dices, rules, etc handled. There is an endless list...

Going with my rather limited experience, players look forward to a rather long list of things depending on the community. Which in turn also means a lot of work for the GM before the actual session is starting. Hence, the prices are rather high. That said, a lot of players would rather pay a high price and get a lot of stuff instead of paying a low price while getting a subpar experience...

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
Keep in mind, that paying for stuff also gives the consumer "the right to complain".
If someone is the GM for free and fun, people will accept and overlook small problems. The moment they pay for it, they will demand that all the stuff works. "Skipping rules" can become a big problem the moment money is involved.

As said above, if you really want to make money with it: go into other paid sessions and see how they do it. See the difference between paid levels and also see what expectations the players have. Do they want graphical or musical stuff? How are battles, dices, rules, etc handled. There is an endless list...

Going with my rather limited experience, players look forward to a rather long list of things depending on the community. Which in turn also means a lot of work for the GM before the actual session is starting. Hence, the prices are rather high. That said, a lot of players would rather pay a high price and get a lot of stuff instead of paying a low price while getting a subpar experience...
Well in some countries like mine players really isn't in a good financial state and there is no heap campaign so i was thinking making that 3$ price, i grantee better quality but not a perfect one for the ones in that condition as here, i also write all game things like how rules can change a little and how i use some features that i made so if someone is interested he won't feel betrayed