Recommendations Need help finding a good novel for inspiration

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Currently have to do my first magic battle scene. but here's the thing, I'm completely clueless about how!

That's why I want to see how others do theirs for some inspiration.

Anyways here's some context and what exactly I'm looking for.

Looking for: A novel with good scenes that have team magic battles. Preferably against a monster. (No tech please)

Context: Basically, there's this extremely enormous worm thing. With eyes and tentacles covering its body. And its body is separated into many parts. each connected by floating Orange orbs. and each part have Hands coming out aswell. Oh and the worm's a fake diety. And basically, some extremely strong people have to team up to defeat the worm.

Anyways thanks in advance! ^-^

Noel_Elitia

i would recommend watching or shounen anime or reading fate novel or fast paced magic isekai novel
also you can simply go through my volume 2 - it is filled with magical fights with monsters in a labyrinth with 100 floors

PancakesWitch

Have you read Black Clover? Its a manga with amazing fighting performance and teamwork of a group of mages that all have wacky spells combining their strengths together to defeat overwhelming enemies, it is just the thing youre looking for

Jemini

Rather than a recommendation, here's a tip.

In magic, and especially with magic with a combat application, limitations are more interesting than powers. You need to find ways to define the limits of magic in your world, and then come up with clever ways for your protagonists to work within those limits in order to obtain innovative and powerful results.

Magic battles are something like the final exam in terms of testing your characters' ability to use their magic in clever ways. Thus the reason why this rule is so much more important in magic battles than it is in the day to day uses of magic in your world.

I'm currently writing an infiltration mission where a small group of plant mages have to get into a sieged city under assault by earth mages. The magic system in my world has very strong rules in terms of how elemental magics interact with other elements, and this makes these one element Vs. a different element battles in my world rather interesting. But, this plant Vs. earth situation is especially interesting because both have an effect of holding back and mitigating the effects of the other, thus making for something of a tank Vs. tank battle that can get rather strategic.

I know that's not specifically what you're looking for, but it does illustrate the point of how limits make things interesting.