Novel shout out.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
my novel gets a shout out twice a week, on the "recently updated" section of the main page. why would I need more than that. I mean, if someone wants to, then I'm not gonna stop them. but regardless, I'm content as is. That said, I'm not one to run around spouting off what I've read recently. And since i'm not one to give shout outs, I can't really expect others to do it for me.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
The Royal Road is hyper-competitive. Only the best rated, highest ranked stories are displayed, with only minimal space given to new updates.
Well, at least new stories/new updates have some space for them in RR. In Wattpad, there's no space for new stories/updates at all anymore. It used to be so noob-friendly, but now it's not anymore. I used to get shout outs there a few times before the Wattpad forums went caput. Now it's just a time-suck and a soul-destroyer.

3kockeleda

RR is more competitive than Scribble Hub which can make or break your story. Here it feels more organic and it's easier to see where and why your readers stopped reading the story

beast_regards

Well, at least new stories/new updates have some space for them in RR. In Wattpad, there's no space for new stories/updates at all anymore. It used to be so noob-friendly, but now it's not anymore. I used to get shout outs there a few times before the Wattpad forums went caput. Now it's just a time-suck and a soul-destroyer.
Wattpad is kinda dying. Many people leave to AO3 or so on. AO3 complains about them. AO3 is kinda similar - no real down votes, discoverability is through tags, a lot of fan-fics.

FatElf

Isn't ao3 for fanfics only?
Don't think so. You can create a fandom for your own original story.

It doesn't get that many visibility because ppl usually search by fandom, but you can post anything there, as far as I know.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Don't think so. You can create a fandom for your own original story.

It doesn't get that many visibility because ppl usually search by fandom, but you can post anything there, as far as I know.
Really..? that's interesting.. though I don't see anything original there. Most of the search options are by series name. I wonder how one even gets recognition..

DaisukeHanashi

Once a horny writer, now a happy writer
Gonna leave some clout-chasing luck of mine here.
Link's at signature>
(man, i wish to have some cover art soon... just gonna build my name first)

beast_regards

Isn't ao3 for fanfics only?
No.
Well...
Yes, the AO3 is focused predominantly on fan-fics, but does not rule out the Original Works completely.
Their rules forbid the monetization of any work, period. This includes Original Works which don't technically violate any copyright at all.
They pretty much say that by posting on their site you declare your work a fan-work in some way.
My original work is more than 90 chapters long and no one kicked me out of AO3 yet.

nemonusquam_

I want to do five shout outs between Feb 19 and March 20, every four chapters that I post.

If anybody's interested feel free to contact me! :blob_sir: