ok how many of you fantasize about talking about philosphy with the opposite gender.

Do you fantasize about talking about philosphy with the opposite gender.

• yes ( i am male)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • no (i am male)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • yes ( i am female)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • no ( i am female)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
ok how many of you fantasize about talking about philosphy with the opposite gender.
Like fantasy going like this.
You meet a person. You explain to him your theories and thoughts . She actually manages to understand what you meant. Then says "oh i have thought about this before"
Then she proceeds to say something which you haven't thought of before. A completely different unique and original idea which you have never thought of before.
Then you proceed to explain your ideals and your reasoning behind them. Then she hears and understands your logic . Then she tells her ideals and her reasoning behind them.
Then it turns out you have similar worldview. Then she talks about something which is actually interesting. Then you watch a good anime together with her.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I talked to my philosophy Teacher about that. Does that count?

EternalSunset0

Fantasizing about it, not really. Although I do find out that most of the few female friends that I have (friends and not just acquaintances that you greet and almost never talk to again besides for work/school) ended up having some similar conversations at some point. Although it's more of sharing worldviews then either agreeing or agreeing to disagree. Nothing too long or intricate.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I'm......... confused. Isn't this something typically done with everyone of a similar wavelength, regardless of gender? I've met a lot of different people of different age groups, genders and orientations who are pretty adept at discussing philosophies.

Not quite sure why it has to be a fantasy...

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
errr, I've been knowing this certain person for years. and we do talk some philosophical stuff (tho mostly just stupid stuff)

it's just happened that she's an opposite gender, so.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
well basically it's a fantasy cause of lockdown and the catholic school i go to is shit. There is not much interaction between male and female students. No one has any intelligence conversation in this school.

It doesn't really have much reason to be opposite gender. I kind of thought that cause like IDK if you imagine romantic stuff you would think about stuff you would like to do.
...Why do I get the feeling you treat women like they're aliens from another world
Why would the gender of who I'm talking philosophy with matter? Unless the conversation is about gender in some manner, but at that point I have to wonder what you mean by philosophy

D

Deleted member 29316

I do talk philosophical stuff with my co-teacher, who's a girl, and we get along just fine.

Or sometimes with my female students who are 'mature' enough to care for the philosophies of the world around them.

I learn a lot from their perspectives, though I'm an educator myself already.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
...Why do I get the feeling you treat women like they're aliens from another world
Why would the gender of who I'm talking philosophy with matter? Unless the conversation is about gender in some manner, but at that point I have to wonder what you mean by philosophy
i had to admit though, talking about some deep stuff without missing each other intention is actually a hard thing to get by.

i totally not the most social person, but in my life. the person who i can talk without reserve for talking about difficult stuff without offending each other : there's only 2 of them by far.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I can't believe you actually called it :blobrofl:

well basically it's a fantasy cause of lockdown and the catholic school i go to is shit. There is not much interaction between male and female students. No one has any intelligence conversation.
No offense intended but are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you're not putting yourself on some sort of figurative pedestal here? I've seen people complain about not having any intelligent conversations, especially irl, but what they really are is putting themselves above others intellectually - you know, like, pseudo intellectually. It's a lot of big words and fake science to make themselves sound smarter than they really are, and how they're better than everyone else and nobody can understand them.

That sort of thing can be cringy af. It's borderline chuunibyou territory, so yeah, I'd really be careful.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford

No offense intended but are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you're not putting yourself on some sort of figurative pedestal here? I've seen people complain about not having any intelligent conversations, especially irl, but what they really are is putting themselves above others intellectually - you know, like, pseudo intellectually. It's a lot of big words and fake science to make themselves sound smarter than they really are, and how they're better than everyone else and nobody can understand them.

That sort of thing can be cringy af. It's borderline chuunibyou territory, so yeah, I'd really be careful.
nope. I am pretty sure I am not doing that

you are talking about who say things like. "each every cell in body is conscious".
That's pseudo-intellectual
Can you give some example of stuff they talk about which is cringy. Cause i actually try to avoid flowery bullshit when thinking about things.
I don't use vague meaningless words .

The problem really is no is at same wavelength as me where i live

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

I'm not sure about the "fantasize" part but I guess I could imagine that for the characters.
Got to break the wall down somewhere between characters for some development...

Also with friends we don't fantasize, but we get comfortable to talk about each other's philosophical view of the word. Its great to hear what others think, because it could be interesting. You may share similar views. You may lead to a battling of opposing philosophical theories. Either way, good friends are the one who you and they can open up to each other thoughts more freely than as opposed to a random stranger.

I've seen people complain about not having any intelligent conversations, especially irl, but what they really are is putting themselves above others intellectually
The problem really is no is at same wavelength as me where i live

On a side note, what is chuunibyou?

Last edited by a moderator:

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
well people around me aren't passionate about stuff i am passionate about soo talking kind of gets hard. But I am not really socially awkward. I can talk normally and make friends but it doesn't seem genuine then.

D

Deleted member 45782

well people around me aren't passionate about stuff i am passionate about soo talking kind of gets hard.
Well maybe someday you'll find someone with similar interests and viewpoints to talk about. I have few friends who, while I do not share their viewpoints, we let each other talk it out and it can lead to interesting philosophies or conversations or just slice of life in general.

But I am not really socially awkward.
You're not the only one...

I can talk normally and make friends but it doesn't seem genuine then.
XD. Felt that way before. It could be because you don't find anything to connect to others. I myself sometimes can make friends and start the introductions and initial talks, but after awhile, I usually just drift away again just because I don't feel like talking as much and I don't really connect to them. Sometimes though, got to keep pushing through, because you may actually dig up something that you both are interested in. Just my two cents. :)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well if you mean finding a gf and talking heart to heart about feelings and shit then yeah, that'll be swell.

Imagine laying on bed with your beloved partner hand in hand and discussing about the possibilities of interstellar an-cap pirating. Or how interstellar borders could possibly be instated outer space. Through space-government mandated transponders that alert you whenever you enter certain borders? Or through having a system as a hub? And have some Mass Effect Relay™ type shit to cut down space travel?

Fuck, that'll be amazing. Sex? Screw that gay shit, indulge me in your fantasies regarding probing Uranus for a possible hideout.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
yeah it's more of mid way through the conversation. Why am i having this conversation at all. I don't really care about what is being said. It's just comedy. I want to talk about something else . but it would seem cringe or weird cause the guy i am talking to has never thought about such things .

MOST IMPORTANTLY IT WOULD SEEM EXTREMELY BORING.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

but it would seem cringe or weird cause the guy i am talking to has never thought about such things before.

I could talk to a girl and we never thought about certain philosophical theories before or we disagree on it.
I could talk to a guy and we never thought about certain philosophical theories before or we disagree on it.

Its cringe for anyone, really, regardless of gender, if the person you're talking too don't share similar viewpoints, or completely opposes your viewpoints. And that is probably less cringe than talking to someone who has never thought it before tbh, cause at least if it was in this situation, it sorta opens up conversation why they never thought about it that way or make them wonder more about certain viewpoints.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
I could talk to a girl and we never thought about certain philosophical theories before or we disagree on it.
I could talk to a guy and we never thought about certain philosophical theories before or we disagree on it.

Its cringe for anyone, really, regardless of gender, if the person you're talking too don't share similar viewpoints, or completely opposes your viewpoints. And that is probably less cringe than talking to someone who has never thought it before tbh, cause at least if it was in this situation, it sorta opens up conversation why they never thought about it that way or make them wonder more about certain viewpoints.
I agree.
I am pretty sure if carl jung was born now and he suddenly started talking about psychology anima and animus as his original ideas . Like they weren't supported by any previous science.

People would say. Yeah that dude is cringe and crazy.

People don't really talk about stuff they just start cringing at different opinions without even understanding them acting solely based on there first impression
Like most people either have no strong opinion about the world or those who do have a opinion have completely different opinions than me.
Like most people who do have a opinion have one where they value overall progress of human society or spiritual religious stuff.
Instead of stuff like absurdism or stuff which nietzsche said about forming your own values.

Yeah that is what i want. For once someone who has a strong opinions similar to my opinions about the world.

Last edited: