On vacation in a foreign country. Share an episode.

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
Anyone wants to share any embarrassing/funny/positive episodes from their personal experience?
Here's mine: (it was back in 2015)
Summer vacation in Japan. It's my first week and I'm going out to visit some museums around the big city. Google maps app in hand, I go to the train station and buy a ticket. All good so far, I go down to the platforms and see a bigger crowd than I'd like to. Looking around, I add myself to the back of the least crowded platform and enter the train car among the last people. Some 10-20 seconds after the train started moving, I read the big sign written in English on the door in front of me (or somewhere else). It was something like "Women only train car" big letters and all, basically starring me in the face right after I've got comfortable standing. A quick glance around confirmed the sign's validity and made me curse internally, because I didn't do it on purpose! I really didn't know that such things existed! ...There were too many people standing around, so I didn't do the walk of shame to the next car, no. Like a man, I've faced the door, lowered my head and for the next five minutes pretended to be empty air, just looking at my shoes and cursing the freak chance of fate. Fortunately no-one pointed out my mistake and I was gone as soon as the doors opened. Those five minutes were damn grating on me, mostly because it was an honest mistake that came out of nowhere. Next time I've checked that there are other men lining up before boarding. Though, I've encountered these types of train cars only in the big city and stopped paying close attention soon after.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Can't relate. Too poor to visit another country.

The only thing I experience from another country was when my sister and dad went to Macau and brought home souvenirs.

They handed us a box of cookies, thinking that it would be good. Next thing we knew is that my mom, my two brothers and me started vomitting on every sink/bathroom and experience hell and it made it worse when I was asking for water and my sister handed me a canned drink, not knowing what was inside and drank a mouthful of it, ended up my second course of vomit to which my sister hated it when I lost a lot of weight in just a day.

"Well excuse me sis, its not like I just vomited a week's worth of food just because you wanted us to eat some random cookie and not only that, you also gave me some shit drink to mix it all off."

Florestes

Can't relate. Too poor to visit another country.

The only thing I experience from another country was when my sister and dad went to Macau and brought home souvenirs.

They handed us a box of cookies, thinking that it would be good. Next thing we knew is that my mom, my two brothers and me started vomitting on every sink/bathroom and experience hell and it made it worse when I was asking for water and my sister handed me a canned drink, not knowing what was inside and drank a mouthful of it, ended up my second course of vomit to which my sister hated it when I lost a lot of weight in just a day.

"Well excuse me sis, its not like I just vomited a week's worth of food just because you wanted us to eat some random cookie and not only that, you also gave me some shit drink to mix it all off."
I can somewhat relate to that. Bought a box of something that looked like dry sweets in a food shop (I can't read Japanese at all) and used precious backpack space to bring it back. Turned out to be some inedible decoration thing! And I've give that shit away to other people before finding out myself! Should have just looked for chocolates like a normal person :blob_facepalm:!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I haven't been out of the country since I was 16, before passports were required for Americans to visit Canada and Mexico. My ex-boyfriend kept mentioning going to visit Canada since he's from there, so I got a passport. I'm regretting the waste of money now because I'm pretty sure it is expired at this point.

Florestes

I haven't been out of the country since I was 16, before passports were required for Americans to visit Canada and Mexico. My ex-boyfriend kept mentioning going to visit Canada since he's from there, so I got a passport. I'm regretting the waste of money now because I'm pretty sure it is expired at this point.

One of those: "Good idea, everything checks out, let's make preparations, we'll be relaxing on vacation in no time..." Then life slaps you back down to earth :blob_teary:.

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden
Sometime in 2016 or 2017:
- I end up in Togo
- I leave to america
- End credits.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Hawaii. Some random guy got stung by a jellyfish. I squint my eyes in their direction and not so subtly said out loud, "I'm so going to piss on you." In my defense I thought waves were a hella of a lot louder than they are.