Writing Prompt Owl

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Write a short story about the image below:

e80668f165edd3aa4956805acc38b7fe.jpg

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/gaudibuendia/art/Forest-spirit-501416117

Amarathia

There was a tapping and a rapping on the oak tree.

"WHOse there?" asked the Gertrude the screech owl, who was nestled inside, preening her feathers.

As per usual, Gertrude's tone of voice was nothing less than grating. But she was a bit worried. WHO could it be at such a early time in the morning? Usually she guarded an ancient stone artifact of insurmountable, raw, and epic power (is also glows so that's cool), and she was always on guard.

"It's me, Mike."

Gertrude's feathers settled back down. Oh, so it was just Mike. He was the barred owl that lived in the forest next door. It wasn't the first time he'd stopped to pester Gertrude, and there was only one thing he wanted--

--the neighborhood gossip!!

WHoever or whatever it was about, Mike was insatiable in his love of gossip.

Gertrude was resigned, at least Mike would usually drop some WHOrtleberries on the ground after they talked, which would then attract mice and birds that Gertrude could ruthlessly tear her claws into and eat for dinner.

"All right, come on in...."

Pachman312

The light permeated through the leaves as a lone girl runs past tree after tree. As she ran, she looked into the distance. What she saw was a monolith. With a sense of hope, she ran faster to it. As she was within a meter of the great pilar. She stopped and called out,

“O great spirit of nature, I seek your aid!”

As the words left her mouth the started ground rumble as the spirit revealed its self and spoke with a voice filled with centuries of wisdom,

“And why Thera of Gollita Dal do you seek my aid?”

I saw an owl girl under my desk, her name's Ptilopsis.

She especially love to hide there, when a hooded girl named Blue Poison brought me cake.

Why was she scared of her? The only thing she said was, "Erahase."

When I asked my fellow doctors, they made it a meme and even lewd everyone.

I could never trust them again.

For now, I'll just get used to Ptilopsis being under my desk.

I think I will share Blue Poison's cake with her--it's really delicious.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
The Owl doesn't feel very good. He doesn't know why. He stopped over a branch and checked his back and found a door on his back.

"Dude," he said, "What's this wack ass door on my ass?"

He opened the door, only for his intestines to fall out in a single, bloody goop, dropping to the forest floor in one splattering mess.

The last thing the Owl thought before drifting into unconsciousness

wack.

Last edited:

skillet

a frying pan
The Guardian of the Forest rustled its feathers in the quiet of the night. The Forest was dark, but the Boulder glowed dimly, pulsing light into the cleared area. The Guardian had not seen a single being for long-- too long that days overlapped weeks until he no longer knew how old he was himself.

He looked up at the bright face of the moon shining down on him.

A still night with the occasional wind. It was the same as had been yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. But the Guardian knew, and the Guardian waited, for the veins that ran through his blood ran through the corners of the Forest, and he felt the Forest waiting. Holding its breath. Anticipating-- for something.

For Someone. One who would approach the Boulder of Strength and unlock the secrets of the Forest.

And until the One to come approached, the Guardian would wait, let decades turn into centuries and seasons fly by, overlooking the Boulder and preening its feathers in silence and in patience. Guarding the Forest until the day came.

Samuel_Spader

It’s late, but I want to join, so...

I ran and ran, deeper into the woods. I can still hear them chasing me; those wolves.

Mama always says that the woods are dangerous, and I should never venture too deep within.

I did not listen. Why did I not listen? I don’t know, perhaps it’s the curiosity, perhaps it’s just my rebellious action to prove myself for something so flimsy.

And so now; I ran, and ran, very deep into the woods. The wolves caught me by my scent, a whole pack chasing me. I’m their prey.

Then I saw it; a stone slab, its top somehow shines an ethereal blue light... So beautiful.

I ran towards it. I approached it. It shines brighter.

The wolves arrives, and I took my only weapon I have; a knife.

I stood tall, ready to fight for my life, but the wolves don’t attack, they weren’t looking at their prey anymore, instead they look up behind me.

I turn my head, and there I saw; The Forest Guardian, its avatar an owl. Its eyes stare at me, and then the wolves.

The wolves retreat. I can hear whines from them, but my eyes still locked at the owl, its eyes shines an ethereal blue.

Then, I hear it, the owl speaks to me with its glorious ethereal voice, and it speaks...

“HOO THE HECK ARE YOU!”

Crossheart

I saw an owl girl under my desk, her name's Ptilopsis.

She especially love to hide there, when a hooded girl named Blue Poison brought me cake.

Why was she scared of her? The only thing she said was, "Erahase."

When I asked my fellow doctors, they made it a meme and even lewd everyone.

I could never trust them again.

For now, I'll just get used to Ptilopsis being under my desk.

I think I will share Blue Poison's cake with her--it's really delicious.

Well looking at the color I think the owl might be called silence and she is looking for a lizard called saria to eat...........

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
It's funny, I've heard someone once said that doors lead to new beginnings but when your an owl, new beginnings usually starts with the darkening of the sky accompanied with the bright glow of the moon. I wish I didn't see that door because then I wouldn't know what I knew now. I wish I didn't accept it's tempting invitation then I would be able to still enjoy the soft breeze of the air as it ruffles my feathers as I glide silently in the night. But its too late for regrets now, I've opened the pandora box and I'm afraid that everything that will happen now, every bloodshed will be because of a tiny insignificant owl and the door made sure that I will live to regret my actions.

Leti

"All the universes are one," they say, "and of one essence."

The Bird of Menrva is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, and future, all as one. They have but one purpose, that is to prevent any unworthy trespassers from reaching the hidden, the infinite, the eternal, and the beyond.

It was only through their guidance that I am permitted to speak with and to be in contact with the Great Other Side. There is a great cosmic battle between two opposing forces of the cosmos.

We must not worry: we will be ready. We are the Chosen ones, and we have the All-Maker's protection. This night will turn to dawn.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Damn, okay, let's try to keep this short.

==================

Heavy panting of a young girl could be heard alongside the crunching of crushed twigs and rustling of leaves being pushed aside.
A deep cut on her stomach was responsible for all her clothes being dyed red. She was barely keeping herself conscious.

Why? Why are the evil men chasing me? Mother... I'm scared...

Just as she stopped to catch a breath, a deep, throaty shout could be heard.

"She went that way! Just follow the damn blood! We can't lose her morons! A high elf kid is top tier merchandise!"

The girl started running again, not daring to even look behind for a fraction of second. Suddenly, she tripped over a tree root and tumbled through some bushes.

Standing up, her eyes fell on a weird pillar placed in front of her. It had some symbols carved onto it, giving an eerie and mystical vibe. Drawn by something, she approached it. Her heart started beating even faster and her body started to get hot.

At the same moment when she involuntarily placed her bloody hand on the pillar, three burly men with weapons jumped out of the bushes behind her. But before they were able to do anything, the pillar started glowing and all the fallen leaves danced around it forming some kind of shape.

A moment later, a huge, owl-like creature was standing behind it. It opened its deep, black eyes and looked at the girl, then at the men.

"What is your wish, o heir of the sapphire bloodline?"

It spoke in a very gentle, feminine voice. The girl instantly realized it was speaking to her and answered.

"Please! Save me! Save my mother! My village is being attacked!"

"Your wish is my command, o fair lady, daughter of Gaia"

When the creature spoke, the girl felt all the fatigue crashing onto her and lost her consciousness.

Last edited: