Passion

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
The more the temperatures rise, the more I feel like just sleeping all day long. Does anyone have some sort of Ted talk, or an interesting video to share about the topic of passion? Not the romantic kind, but just getting motivated to get out of bed and do something, anything.

You'd think I will be happy on an off day, but those depress me. The fact that I can sleep in aside, I'd rather be in the office. I wrote today, took a walk, drew, paid my rent, binge-watched anime.

It is 19:31 right now, and if I don't find anything to take my mind off the fact I am so bored, that I am considering going to bed, I will do just that.

And then wake up at 3 a.m. and be a zombie at work. XD

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
As a person I would call passionately I would advise you to seek and experiment with things that might interest you.
You might find passion, something you see as worthwhile, or you might find boredom, the same as you the one you have.
Go and take a shot, you might hit or shot until you have no bullets, either way, as long as you don't use money, you will not be able to lose something, doing nothing but rotting away in your sleep is a far greater waste of time and mind.
Pep talks are fun.

MatchaChocolate69

Edible Bittersweet Edgelord, Rebel against Entropy
Lots of ice-cold showers.

In my next house, I'll have a Zen waterfall built, along with hot springs for winter.
Long-term goals. :blob_uwu:

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Procreate, and then you'll never, ever have another day off.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
For me, the colder it is, the more I want to sleep all day. The warmer it is, the more productive and happy I am.

J_Chemist

Why would anyone rather be at work than at home during their off is beyond me...
After a very long weekend, I am one of these people. Mainly because it does three things for me:
  1. Forces me to return to my routine. As a creature of habit, I like to eat the same thing at the same time every day, and eating at the cafeteria is both cheaper and easier for me than cooking the food myself. I eat better as well this way.
  2. Work also helps me regulate my sleep and my exercise, as I'm forced to wake up to be there on time and I'm also given time to exercise in the morning. I workout anyway on my own time, but it's a bit easier to go when I'm already outside and mobile.
  3. Brain focus. After a long time off, I get bored and start "searching" for stuff to do. While I don't do much at work, it at least occupies me so I'm not floundering around like an idiot bouncing from youtube short to instagram to here and then back to youtube.
It all boils down to the "get up and go" factor. A lot of people have an issue actually getting moving but once you have the inertia and you're mobile, it's a lot easier to start completing tasks. So, my tip, is to jump off the ledge and get moving as soon as possible. Don't wait or let yourself second guess. Just go. Figure it all out later.