Paul's feedback thread

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Thanks! I’m not sure who the audience is either. :blob_awkward: It's too dark for YA but too hopeful for grimdark.
I would consider it an adventure hope-filled tragedy for adults from what I read. You are correct that isn't dark enough for Grimdark and too dark for YA. YA novels always seem to get a bad rap among reviewers so I would avoid that if possible.

Notadate

I’ll post mine once I finish it, we’ll, till chap 3

Current plans: 2 fight, 3 plan

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
Rating system:
Grammar, rated 5
Spelling, rated 4
Plot, rated 4
characterization, rated 4
Enjoyment, rated 5
4.4 / 5

Your grammar is top-notch. There are a few minor spelling mistakes but most are rare and hard to notice. The plot is amazing but you could use a better hook within the first few chapters. Mostly it is just lore and character introductions. That said, all of these are really well done as the characters are absolutely amazing with great introspective views into their values as people. I highly enjoyed it and would absolutely keep reading it.
Thank you for your review! Sorry for getting back so late (Just noticed the review yesterday lol)

But yeah, I intentionally give out as much basic lore as I can.

I wanted to give out the ground work of the world before going to the juicy bits while also build characters, especially the MC. Giving a glimpse at she really is.

Paul_Tromba

You could do mine if you want though it is gender bender. Also the first few chapters are a bit longer than the norm.
Rating system:
Grammar, rated from 5
Spelling, rated 4
Plot, rated 4
Enjoyment, rated 4
Total 4.2 / 5

The premise is great. The grammar is top notch with only minor spelling mistakes. The plot is good and is very easy to understand. The characters feel real and very well-established. I did enjoy it but probably wouldn’t keep reading due to it being gender bender and I’m not personally a fan of it. That said, I think it is very well done and think it can do well.

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
Well, this seems like fun, and I'd sure like to get more eyes on Salvage if you wouldn't mind. I know it's probably not your usual cup of tea, but I promise you won't encounter any m/m situations in the first three chapters, just the intro of the female MC.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Rating system:
Grammar, rated from 5
Spelling, rated 4
Plot, rated 4
Enjoyment, rated 4
Total 4.2 / 5

The premise is great. The grammar is top notch with only minor spelling mistakes. The plot is good and is very easy to understand. The characters feel real and very well-established. I did enjoy it but probably wouldn’t keep reading due to it being gender bender and I’m not personally a fan of it. That said, I think it is very well done and think it can do well.
Thanks for the kind words.

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
Tsuruno and Lydia's voices were... interesting...
But, like others have already said, I love your narrating voice, and I'll work on my story's grammar to make it easier to read next time.
Arigatou gozaimasu!

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Tsuruno and Lydia's voices were... interesting...
But, like others have already said, I love your narrating voice, and I'll work on my story's grammar to make it easier to read next time.
Arigatou gozaimasu!
You're welcome. I know the female voices are bad but I just found the voice changer and I'm still figuring it out. Also, I have no female VA so I apologize.

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
You're welcome. I know the female voices are bad but I just found the voice changer and I'm still figuring it out. Also, I have no female VA so I apologize.
I understand. No worries. Honestly, this feels like a dream come true. I've been writing solo for three years and everyone around me thought it was a waste of time. I'm thrilled that my story is finally getting recognition, that I have readers, and that there's a YouTube channel discussing it.

Paul_Tromba

I understand. No worries. Honestly, this feels like a dream come true. I've been writing solo for three years and everyone around me thought it was a waste of time. I'm thrilled that my story is finally getting recognition, that I have readers, and that there's a YouTube channel discussing it.
A youtube channel with 19 subscribers so far. Gotta bump those numbers so you'll can get some real recognition.

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖
It's not my webnovel, but this daoist thinks that it would score high on your feedback and do well on your YouTube channel. :blob_whistle:

Paul_Tromba

I will not be reading my own story... Yet.
It's not my webnovel, but this daoist thinks that it would score high on your feedback and do well on your YouTube channel. :blob_whistle:

Five6212

I have an idea... could you add subtitles maybe using a subtitle generator; I think it would make it easier for people watching. No pressure though

Paul_Tromba

I have an idea... could you add subtitles maybe using a subtitle generator; I think it would make it easier for people watching. No pressure though
That's why I have the story in the background of the video, so people can follow along. I could add subtitles but it would be kind of redundant. Plus, YouTube won't let me add subtitles for reasons I do not know.