Recommendations Person with the class of The Thing (1982)

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
After recapping Omniscient God of War and the OP ability that is matter (body/ gene) manipulation that stems from using immortal cancer cells and BS mystical creatures' DNA, I want to read more about such a thing with MC having the ability to have a mimic/ changeling/ shapeshifter class in a LitRPG scenario.

Preference:
1. The work mainly focuses on MC's ability as a shapeshifter.
2. The ability must be used for combat, not just in espionage, stealth or any supplementary roles. Meaning the shapeshifting ability must have direct combat potential.
3. Can be a fanfic of Prototype or any other shapeshifter, but the ability must be tallied into LitRPG.

Optional:
Cultivation 40K has MC making a microwave arm cannon, would be nice if the recommendation provided also has MC making inorganic weapon with his organic body.

Example: Super Minion, Everyone Loves Large Chests

Last edited:

pelpelen

I've thought of writing a story like that before because shapeshifting abilities are much more interesting in battles.
For example:
Making your head huge and chomping your opponent like pacman
Making your flesh extend and shoot like a lance
Having a limb be covered in spikes that can be shot
Making yourself big
Exploiting your opponents fears by transforming into it (Making yourself a blob of flesh with mouths and eyes all over)
If you can, mimicing and combining different abilities
Turning a lim or two into weapons (Obviously)

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I've thought of writing a story like that before because shapeshifting abilities are much more interesting in battles.
For example:
Making your head huge and chomping your opponent like pacman
Making your flesh extend and shoot like a lance
Having a limb be covered in spikes that can be shot
Making yourself big
Exploiting your opponents fears by transforming into it (Making yourself a blob of flesh with mouths and eyes all over)
If you can, mimicing and combining different abilities
Turning a lim or two into weapons (Obviously)
Yup.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
The dragons in this story have the ability to directly adapt their bodies, with the only limit being their creativity. It's one of my favorite examples of how strong shapeshifting can be. Unfortunately, it's a real book and not a web novel.

I would have wrote a book like this myself, but it's such an OP power that I don't think anyone would be interested in reading it. It makes one literally immortal, invulnerable, and all powerful. I settled for adding an Evolution menu, which allows extremely limited shifting...

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The dragons in this story have the ability to directly adapt their bodies, with the only limit being their creativity. It's one of my favorite examples of how strong shapeshifting can be. Unfortunately, it's a real book and not a web novel.

I would have wrote a book like this myself, but it's such an OP power that I don't think anyone would be interested in reading it. It makes one literally immortal, invulnerable, and all powerful. I settled for adding an Evolution menu, which allows extremely limited shifting...
True, so I want nerfs in the first place and slowly as the character grows, the nerfs drop. Something like OP shapeshifting gets nerfed by time limit, stats and crap and MC has to level up/ do quests to gain access to more skills.

I will try to locate the book, or at least the wikia to indulge myself of it. Many thanks.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I appreciate how you clarified the original John Carpenter version of the movie and not the CG cockfest that is the sequel.