Perverted protagonists

Venusaur26

So, many people may have watched/read or are familiar with anime, manga and novels where the main character is a shameless pervert, but in the end has a selfless side
Well, there are cases where they are more selfish, but I’d like to hear any opinion on perverted protagonists done right

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Just have them start as a good saint of sorts and just have them spiral down into depression and odder fettishes to show the coomers what happens, and he so daily quits

BlackKnightX

So, many people may have watched/read or are familiar with anime, manga and novels where the main character is a shameless pervert, but in the end has a selfless side
Well, there are cases where they are more selfish, but I’d like to hear any opinion on perverted protagonists done right
Issei Hyoudou is a really good perverted character done right, in my opinion. I mean, he’s an overly horny teenage kid, yeah, but when he is serious, he’s pretty badass.

I like him as a character—although I do hate him in some occasions, like most of the times when he cockblock the audience~ lol

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Jobless Reincarnation has one of the few perverted MCs that I can stand. Though it isn't how he's perverted by why and how it's portrayed. His reasoning for acting on his perverted urges is based on his character's surroundings but it's never portrayed in a good light. Sometimes it works in his favor and other times in portrayed in someone else favor but Rudeas always knows he's doing the wrong thing and always feels ashamed whether he is called out for it or not. Though as his character grows he becomes less of a pervert who acts on his desires but rather uses his desires to throw out whity innuendos.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Mine. Don't forget to give me a one-star rating 😇

ForestDweller

Well, since my story stars one of such perverted protags, I sure hope I'm writing it right.

The way I do it is that he's a pervert but he wants to be a gentleman. He could've lifted up skirts and peeked into girls' baths with his magic but chooses not to. He got a second chance in life and he's not going to waste it by being a creepy perv.

Only, eventually, he gets a harem, and they told him to be more honest with himself. Stop pretending to be this gentleman and just embrace his perverted self with them. Hey, if it's his wives, it's okay after all. (Not to mention his wives are also perverts, one way or the other.)

And his pervertedness also ties to his high libido, which is well-suited for a man with multiple wives.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
One of my MCs is perverted, yes, but he wears it on his sleeve. The type of guy to say "I like big tits" with a straight face. He doesn't hide it, but nor does he advertises it. He simply plays it with his usual personality. That's all.

I have many discrepancies towards perversion in JP-inspired fiction as a whole. No, being a pervert doesn't mean your calling in life is to flip skirts and break sexual harassment records. You may be perverted but it's also okay to, you know, keep those urges under wraps. Maybe your MC has a dirty mouth, that's fine by me. But if I'm reading some smut where the MC gropes ass and tiddies without a second of warning, I'm tuning out.

Unless I'm desperately horny, then alright, I'll tune in for the gratification.

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Many MCs I know are hypocrisy. Say one thing but never follow it to the end.
They just say and do thing because the author wants some hero of justice as the MC to garner reader's interest.

AnUnknownMan

Option 1: Jobless reincarnation
Option 2: A non-violent sexual offender is the least morally compromised genuine criminal. Except for some petty theft and white collar crimes. An excellent choice for prison stories.
Option 3: mundane slice of life about the mind wandering during repetitive work. (Doesn't actually count because of a lack of victims)
Option 4: unsympathetic comedy protagonist
Option 5: teenagers doing teenager things.
Otherwise, follow these rules:
1. No peeking unless allowed
2. Stop when asked
3. This trait either is a source of character development, a source of shame, or crucial to the plot.
3a. Harem seekers should either grow out of it, reveal a lack of any other desire to fall back on, or genuinely understand what a harem entails and be fully responsible. Also, any takers should be fully aware of their intentions.
4. It backfires every so often.
5. No hardcore interests, or something so odd no one can comprehend it.
6. Should either be a functional member of society or be non-functional for a valid plot reason.
7. Slavery should be roleplay only.
8. The issue at fault should be the attitude towards sex and romance rather than having dirty thoughts
9. Incest is a genre in and of itself. It should be advertised as such so I can avoid it.
10.(optional) show a counter example. Someone happily married, celibate, an actual Casanova, or someone who repulses them. Alternatively you can add a character who displays an unhealthy aversion to any such activities.

Last edited: