Piece of advice

Succubiome

ira-glass-quote-nobody-tells-you-this-when-youre-young.jpg

Technically, I'm pretty sure this was advice for everyone, not me specifically-- but I'm included within everyone, and so are you.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Dude...

I know you mean well, but threads like these are just asking for trouble. The only advice I ever got was nightmarish. Here's one.

"Just die."

Right after seven guys jumped me, but before Brian brought the baseball bat down on me, driving into a coma and damaging my brain so I can't remember names and faces. Speaking of faces, the beating dislodged my face so it had to be sewn back onto my skull. Never quite lined up right after that. Needless to say, it's been over 30 years and I ignored their advice.

But it did stick with me.

So here's a question back at ya.

What are you looking for?

SailusGebel

Dude...

I know you mean well, but threads like these are just asking for trouble. The only advice I ever got was nightmarish. Here's one.

"Just die."

Right after seven guys jumped me, but before Brian brought the baseball bat down on me, driving into a coma and damaging my brain so I can't remember names and faces. Speaking of faces, the beating dislodged my face so it had to be sewn back onto my skull. Never quite lined up right after that. Needless to say, it's been over 30 years and I ignored their advice.

Tenebram

Mine was an encounter in the most confusing dream I ever had and it has stuck with me for years.

It was me trying to make small talk with a princess on a balcony and she didn't even greet me before simply saying 'You talk too much.'.
Then the dream turned into something akin to a nightmare and ended pretty abruptly.

Nekroz

"The word of God means nothing if you don't believe in it."
"Believe to see."
"God isn't gonna break the rules of reality he set up just so you can be lazy."

These aren't exact quotes, but I've discovered them to be true.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Dude...

"Just die."

There has to be 1 guy to ruin the thread

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
A truck only goes so far on half a tank, that credit card ain't money in the bank, if it don't sound like a good idea, it probably ain't

D

Deleted member 54065

"Use active voice in storytelling. Unless you're J.K. Rowling. Reason is, she IS J.K.Rowling."

This piece of advice stuck on me for all the wrong reasons, making me realize that writing 'rules' are just guides and not the absolute.

Since then, I was able to pump up 17 volumes for my story, and counting....