Post a paragraph!

Colinllama

Post a paragraph (no more!) from whatever you are currently working on.

Is it typical of your writing? Are you happy with it?

Here is a paragraph of mine from an upcoming chapter. It's from a calm interlude in the action, not a lot is happening. I am quite pleased with it, but I will probably end up changing it before the chapter gets published!

"The smell of cabbage had been replaced by the smell of chicken shit. It wasn't an improvement. Luckily the breeze while they were moving kept the stench from becoming overpowering. The cart bounced along steadily as the sun began to sink towards the horizon."

Now let's see yours!

minionlover

"Why did I even like this bitch?" Samir thought to himself, his question quickly answered as his eyes instinctively fell to the floor. "Oh, that's right. She had nice feet."

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
"Twas a flying fuckfest in every direction you looked!" Gin yelled.

Last edited:

Colinllama

"Twas a flying fuckfest in every direction you look!" Gin yelled.
Not sure what a flying fuck fest is, but I want to find out. 😂
"Why did I even like this bitch?" Samir thought to himself, his question quickly answered as his eyes instinctively fell to the floor. "Oh, that's right. She had nice feet."
Years ago I had a girlfriend who, despite being otherwise attractive, had feet like a Hobbit. Terrifying.

Flavor text: "As a bystander, I wish little to no involvement in the conspiracies of this world and just wish to live comfortably. However, I'd find enjoyment of bearing witness to world's greatest events."

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Here's mind from a chapter I'm currently working on:

So Ellen stood up and asked the others to remain seated. She then accompanied Susan to the double doors and imitated her, cupping her ear against the side of the door panel and listening to the echoes in the hallway. The footfalls grew heavier and more distinct, as if the walker was an older man in riding boots, not a male student of the Academy wearing loafers with a lighter footfall.

Colinllama

Flavor text: "As a bystander, I wish little to no involvement in the conspiracies of this world and just wish to live comfortably. However, I'd find enjoyment of bearing witness to world's greatest events."
I like it. Based on this small taste, I want to read more.
Here's mind from a chapter I'm currently working on:

So Ellen stood up and asked the others to remain seated. She then accompanied Susan to the double doors and imitated her, cupping her ear against the side of the door panel and listening to the echoes in the hallway. The footfalls grew heavier and more distinct, as if the walker was an older man in riding boots, not a male student of the Academy wearing loafers with a lighter footfall.
This is interesting. I couldn't guess the genre from that paragraph, but again, I would want to read on.

We have moved on from feet in an earlier paragraph, to footwear. Evolution? 😂

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Here's a paragraph from the current chapter I'm working on of "My Succubus Roommate." I'm honestly kind of proud how much better at writing I got compared to my first few chapters:

He was involved with the murders, I knew it. However, they were just way too good at hiding the evidence that it made it hard to pin them with anything concrete. I knew deep down in the bottom of my heart that the story had to be fake, but with the lack of any visual evidence, I couldn’t say for certain. Because of that, he could get off scot free. Fuck legal loopholes and whoreshit. I wanted this bastard in prison.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
Surely, the Regressor must've caught the attention of many high ranking heroes. Anyone with a sense for the strong would've noticed his extremely high power level.

___

It's in first person, although I switch back to third person later on because the event called for it.

pelpelen

"You know i woul really like someone like you-"
Eh!?! What did he say!? What all of a sudden!?!?? I mean it's not like i was-
"As my daughter"
As a daughter.
Did i get daughter-zoned?
"Minus the sex-maniac part"
He's not wrong but it still hurts hearing that!!

This sounds a whole another way out of context

Premier

From a bit of a fight scene that I'm working on.

Brandy squeezed her palm over her mouth to try to avoid breathing in the warm smoke. She was being hunted by sound and every breath she took was filling her lungs with more heat. Skin already slick with sweat, she'd have to tear off some of her clothes or risk passing out. There was no way to do that without the metallic clattering of buckles and buttons. Calcine's slow movements had made her seem to be an easy opponent at first. Now Brandy was being forced to move fast while slowness made her opponent invisible.

LilRora

Mostly formless
No more than five seconds later the jet emerges under the cloud and the surface of the planet becomes visible in all it's glory, and I smile wide. I'm not sure if it was intended, but we are flying exactly along the frayed, dark orange coastline, with dark blue waves of the ocean gently breaking on the massive rock formations jutting out of the water, looking like slabs of stone layered on top of each other and weathered by time.

I spent at least three minutes writing this paragraph, because I had no idea how to make the description good without separating it into three paragraphs.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
'Yea, Arthur this Arthur that. Just marry him already. Then realize the difference in your lifespans and fucking commit suicide out of despair'

===
A friend of mine sent this joke in discord and I put it inside of the novel. It used to sound really funny but now, not so much

"It's not for young girls," I said, knowing damn well how little girls of that age dressed in the era I—Becca used to live and how little they cared about the opinion of someone older. "I wouldn't want to see my daughter in a getup like this, or anyone's daughter for that matter."

SamTolan

“Bashful? He got his current name because he likes to crush bones and break skulls. The sound of things being bashed in is pleasant to him. As such, I always send him into melee range alongside Dopey. Best to use their skills and addictions to my advantage.”

~ Snow, Leader of the Malus Mercenary Group

Epigraph for a chapter.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Here is a nice equation: Dungeon core mana, plus incubus blood, equals... a dead turtle. I blink, showered in turtle remains, as the rest of our party gapes at us.
(From chapter 29 of Life Skilling. I regret nothing, not even the dead turtle.) :blobspearpeek:

Thekherham

He tossed the bag the donuts came in into a nearby waste receptacle, rushed back to the studio. Halfway there he slowed his steps. What if Creighton didn’t go for the idea. He was expecting a more realistic dragon, wasn’t he? Some dark color, maybe red or black, horns sprouting from its forehead, and spikes from its head to the tip of its tail, and fire spewing out of its mouth. Definitely fire. Its sounds a spine-chilling, earth-rumbling roar. It would chew up the scenery, and maybe Miss Corovelli as well. Yeah, that would make the audience piss their pants.

(from Act Naturally - Chapter 1)

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
He was jumping around the battlefield as if to make a mockery out of it. One moment he was twirling around the mages, evading them as if he was dancing, the next he was directly in front of me, looking at me with exaggerated despair.
"Oh no, they send Stormtroopers! How could I ever think to avoid their fire when they have the high ground?!", he laughed, hands high as if surrendering. But before I could even react, he was far away kneeling next to Ira, poking her cheeks with a stick as if he had found a strange insect.
"No reaction it's just a pair of tits."

(part of the current climax for my first arc from the perspective of the antagonist, a "hero" by virtue of being easy to manipulate. MC is clowning the hell out of him just because he can)

Snowyflakes

This paragraph is a part of one chapter for an upcoming novel. It's not really that typical; actually, it's my first time writing like this (new try). I'm partially pleased with it, but I'm more likely to change a few words than keep it as it is.

"It has always amazed me how gullible humans are. And not only humans but all of us. How welcoming and delighted we are in the face of treachery and evil, even when our souls and absolute freedom are at risk."