Post your characters and I will rate (Closed)

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
EDIT: I have realized that it's really difficult and somewhat silly to try and judge characters by summary, and thus am closing this.

I’ll give a rating between 1-5 stars.
If there is no artwork a description can do.

I will rate based on how unique and solid I feel the character is. If they follow a lot of tropes then they’ll lose i uniqueness, and if they don’t have a good background story then they lose in solid points.

Rating will be based on 1-5 for each of those 2 categories, and an average.
Also note, I am a flawed person with flawed judgment, even if I give a low rating it doesn’t mean your character is bad. This is just a good opportunity to have someone random online criticize your character’s design and background.

Rule: 1 character per person at a time. Once rated you can post your next one.

Rating Scale:

1/5 - Trash character
2/5 - Stock character
3/5 - Good side character/lame main character
4/5 - Great side character/okay main
5/5 - Great character all around, I believe this will be a memorable character.

Side note: If you see that I have posted last on this thread, feel free to bump it so there is no thread merging, thanks.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Michael

Tall, white, bald

He's the polyamorous husband of my main character Joan (who has three other love interests) and has a girlfriend named Linda. He has a goofy sense of humor and likes getting pats on the head after he makes jokes. His girlfriend's son thinks of him almost like a dad, but Michael really wants kids of his own. He's a good cook, and he wants the ladies to make enough money so he can be a stay-at-home dad. At the beginning of the story, he's working at a brewery restaurant, but he puts in his two weeks notice when the main characters get magic powers.

Seaspecter

SeaSpecter_BG.jpg

Anna

She is the MC of my novel and is a baby elder god. She spent the first few months of her life working as a barmaid at a tavern in a port town where she developed a colorful vocabulary and a taste for ale. She was found by a party of adventurers soon after and went along with them because she didn't have anything better to do. Her hobbies include, drinking, brawling, playing practical jokes on her friends, and dismembering woodland creatures with tentacles she summons from her dreams. Her eldritch heritage makes her immortal, invincible, and unchanging. She's a cheerful, friendly person, with a twisted sense of humor but will do anything for her friends.

Since I forgot this in the other post I'll tell you what her flaws are as well lol.

She's incredibly creepy and weird to be around for any length of time. If you were to have a conversations with her you'd notice that she breaths at the same steady rate no matter what's going on. She also stands or sits completely still randomly twitching because she tries to imitate what she sees other people do but doesn't get it quite right so it's more like talking to something pretending to be a person than it is a person. Most people ignore that because she is attractive though. She's also socially awkward making crude comments at the worst possible times, laughing randomly, staring at people, and being strange in general. As far as her powers, she had complete control over them and knows what and doesn't consider them to be terrible at all.

So to sum it up I think the best way to picture her is that creepy guy at a party that says inappropriate things to women laughs loudly at his own bad jokes and makes everyone uncomfortable but in the body of a stunningly beautiful woman. Hopefully that describes her a bit better than before.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Sela-Revamp-3.jpg

Sela - Time god

3 feet, 6 inches tall. Loves to be entertained. Is an ethereal being so it hangs out in this world between worlds limbo place. Hates/loves beanbag chairs. Can be moody and sassy but is mainly because Sela doesn't understand human emotions. Likes human psychology though. Doesn't know or care to know what shoes are. Bossy and a tsundere at times

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Michael

Tall, white, bald

He's the polyamorous husband of my main character Joan (who has three other love interests) and has a girlfriend named Linda. He has a goofy sense of humor and likes getting pats on the head after he makes jokes. His girlfriend's son thinks of him almost like a dad, but Michael really wants kids of his own. He's a good cook, and he wants the ladies to make enough money so he can be a stay-at-home dad. At the beginning of the story, he's working at a brewery restaurant, but he puts in his two weeks notice when the main characters get magic powers.
4/5 for uniqueness. You’ll hardly find characters like this in most media who want to be a stay at home dad and have 2 women take care of him while allowing them to sleep around. While it might be prevalent in the poly community, the majority of people cannot handle poly. Only point taken off for him being tall and bald. It’s kind of a generic thing for white men to be tall and balding. Fits too many tropes.

2/5 for design/background - main reason being it’s not compelling is because once you get to know his lifestyle, the majority of people including myself would have trouble understanding or relating to this guy. I could relate to wanting his own children, but liking to be pat on the head while being tall shows a very strange and submissive side for a character who is supposed to be tall. Now the 2 points, is because there would be some interest in how he got that way, but the best explanation I can think of is that he was simply always that way, unless you want to give him trauma history of some sort.

Again this is based on my flawed view of the world and will not necessarily reflect how others view your character.

Overall 3/5 rating - good for a side character unless you can effectively expand his background or add something unique like a compelling motivation.

Last edited:

LowinKeshin

Character: Leah - one of the main cast

A short blonde girl with a cold, narcissistic, and manipulative personality. Leah knows this and hated her sperm and egg donor for her shitty behavior. Because of it, her boyfriend broke up with her and date her best friend(enabler). She begged, willing to become a better person, but he declined. The one he always liked was her best friend, brighter and overall, had a better personality than her.

On the same day she got dumped, a supervillain began a massive killing spree on their campus, killing half of them. Leah and her ex-best friend tried to survive long enough, but she suggested killing the villain as hours passed and no heroes arrived. Her best friend was reluctant but agreed, and they succeeded after setting up a bait and a trap, killing him. And Leah wasn’t happy at all. She made her best friend the bait to die, so she did the deed before escaping.

The next day, Leah awakened and gained the power to imitate a person, their personality, appearance, skills, and other defining characteristic. The two personas she can assume were her best friend and the killer. She changed to her best friend and for the first time, she felt remorse and grief. What had she done?

In the memorial, an empty coffin of Leah and her ex-boyfriend were buried while the fake best friend cried, living in constant regret. They found no bodies of her, their killer, and her ex-best friend.

This is the backstory of the mc's best friend.

Last edited:

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
Sybil, currently a child. lightly tanned skin, black hair and yellow/gold eyes. Short, stocky body that's androgynous verging on masculine.
Produces mysterious black cubes that have the ability to interact with sentient life in interesting ways; very bad with social cues and interactions. Voracious appetite and a general inability to connect with peers but is able to befriend elderly people easily.
I would add more but I'm making pasta something and my focus has changed

D

Deleted member 113259

Scott Flores:

Design: Slicked back gold hair so radiant that it allows sunlight to shine through even when the sun is not present, and eyes like rubies, complimenting well with his attire of red pants, and a red and gold coat. He also has black boots, sports a smug smirk at all times, and wears two magic rings.

Background: Of the seven deadly sins he's always been prideful, greedy, envious, wrathful, and slothful. The most dangerous sins to Scott were his pride and sloth. This made it so that even though he was naturally more talented than his peers, he stopped training, and didn't bother experimenting with his skills thinking he didn't need to. This allowed him to be humiliated, and permanently become a gag character by the hands of the story's original protagonist.

A disgruntled reader then gets reincarnated into Scott's body but will die again within a day once he's absorbed into Scott's soul. So the soul aids Scott in what he can and provides Scott with notes on the original story alongside getting Scott started on experimenting with his skills. The soul also attempts to make an A-rank shield to get Scott his smithy back but fails, however, the next day Scott feels the same desperation the soul had and finishes the shield making it transcendent and forming an inseparable bond and brotherhood between the two.

Now Scott is on a mission to flip the script, but can he pull it off when the author's influence causes all to discredit him, and blindly support the original protagonist?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
View attachment 18893
Anna

She is the MC of my novel and is a baby elder god. She spent the first few months of her life working as a barmaid at a tavern in a port town where she developed a colorful vocabulary and a taste for ale. She was found by a party of adventurers soon after and went along with them because she didn't have anything better to do. Her hobbies include, drinking, brawling, playing practical jokes on her friends, and dismembering woodland creatures with tentacles she summons from her dreams. Her eldritch heritage makes her immortal, invincible, and unchanging. She's a cheerful, friendly person, with a twisted sense of humor but will do anything for her friends.

Since I forgot this in the other post I'll tell you what her flaws are as well lol.

She's incredibly creepy and weird to be around for any length of time. If you were to have a conversations with her you'd notice that she breaths at the same steady rate no matter what's going on. She also stands or sits completely still randomly twitching because she tries to imitate what she sees other people do but doesn't get it quite right so it's more like talking to something pretending to be a person than it is a person. Most people ignore that because she is attractive though. She's also socially awkward making crude comments at the worst possible times, laughing randomly, staring at people, and being strange in general. As far as her powers, she had complete control over them and knows what and doesn't consider them to be terrible at all.

So to sum it up I think the best way to picture her is that creepy guy at a party that says inappropriate things to women laughs loudly at his own bad jokes and makes everyone uncomfortable but in the body of a stunningly beautiful woman. Hopefully that describes her a bit better than before.
So I was thinking of this character for a bit.

Unique 2/5 - First off this type of character is not that unique. While you might say that Anna herself is unique in that she is powerful, I can find many Anime archetypes that have dark/evil type characters that are creepy in their own way. It's almost an anime trope in it of itself. Being powerful or cheerful and twisted isn't that unique. Neither is drinking, brawling or playing practical jokes. If you wanted to make her unique, perhaps a small detail like "she always drinks root beer out of a silver cup." When there are minute details that are harped on, it gives characters a more unique feel for them. Or perhaps she has a saying that readers or the audience picks up on that says "that's definitely Anna."

Being immortal, unchanging, an eldritch are all generic things.

Design 3/5 - I'm not fully sold on her design as a background character. Part of it is the fact that the idea that attractive people get a pass for being creepy is only lasts so long and soon people will just find them creepy. It doesn't matter how hot someone is, if they're constantly inappropriate but not in an endearing way people will get tired of her. Also, too much power means she doesn't have room for growth unless it's personal or emotional growth, but being an eldritch you're kind of in a corner unless you want to make her a sheltered eldritch, but since she's worked in human society as a bar maid and hasn't changed there isn't much hope for change. This also means she will be difficult to relate too because most people don't relate to creeps.

Overall 2.5/5 - This rating just means that she'd probably be best as a stock or side character, and can add another element to the story but the majority of people probably wouldn't want her as a main character just based on what you've described so far.

View attachment 18894
Sela - Time god

3 feet, 6 inches tall. Loves to be entertained. Is an ethereal being so it hangs out in this world between worlds limbo place. Hates/loves beanbag chairs. Can be moody and sassy but is mainly because Sela doesn't understand human emotions. Likes human psychology though. Doesn't know or care to know what shoes are. Bossy and a tsundere at times

Uniqueness 2/5 - Fits the Lolli or small girl stereotype that's found way too often. Isn't super unique, and the idea of being ethereal is in plenty of fantasy. 1 point due to not knowing what shoes are. That's a unique personality point.

Design 4/5 - There isn't a lot of description here but, she does have some things going for her. Tsundere is relatable to a lot of people, but being bossy makes her similar to a lot of people as well. Not caring about shoes is a good detail that could make her memorable, and the liking of human psychology can help a lot with her scene work where people can see her analyzing a lowly human for fun or play with them.

Overall 3/5 - Good side character, probably not a good main character.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
A bit long, lol. Here's a cookie for your time. 🍪

Friegolas Wilhelm – A human knight, recently appointed Captain of the White Fang, the premier guard force centered around Helmac, the capital of the humans. He is often seen with his signature blonde hair, flowing in the wind.

The son of a baron, it was always his dream to become a knight, protecting and serving the city. His aspirations came true, and he managed to obtain his current position despite being only twenty-three, but not before his entire House was killed by a mysterious group of assassins.

But it turns out the Demon King wasn’t the only evil present. In the ranks of the human armies, who sought to gain from the war and raise themselves to higher power sat back and spat out orders at the people who risked their lives so that others could continue. It was one year after his employment that his platoon was sent on a suicide mission to defeat an Azurian Griffin. Everyone except him lost their lives, and when he returned home, he was met with the sneers of the higher-ups, the ones who assigned his platoon the mission in the first place.

With that, he went AWOL, choosing to follow the three mysterious individuals he had met in the tavern during his day off, on a journey to defeat the Demon King.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Character: Leah - one of the main cast

A short blonde girl with a cold, narcissistic, and manipulative personality. Leah knows this and hated her sperm and egg donor for her shitty behavior. Because of it, her boyfriend broke up with her and date her best friend(enabler). She begged, willing to become a better person, but he declined. The one he always liked was her best friend, brighter and overall, had a better personality than her.

On the same day she got dumped, a supervillain began a massive killing spree on their campus, killing half of them. Leah and her ex-best friend tried to survive long enough, but she suggested killing the villain as hours passed and no heroes arrived. Her best friend was reluctant but agreed, and they succeeded after setting up a bait and a trap, killing him. And Leah wasn’t happy at all. She made her best friend the bait to die, so she did the deed before escaping.

The next day, Leah awakened and gained the power to imitate a person, their personality, appearance, skills, and other defining characteristic. The two personas she can assume were her best friend and the killer. She changed to her best friend and for the first time, she felt remorse and grief. What had she done?

In the memorial, an empty coffin of Leah and her ex-boyfriend were buried while the fake best friend cried, living in constant regret. They found no bodies of her, their killer, and her ex-best friend.

This is the backstory of the mc's best friend.
Unique 5/5 - This is probably one of the more unique descriptions of a character including their background I've read There is a lot of things that can be explored from trauma, psychology issues, and she could be developed in many ways. Changing personas is great too. Plus, the whole idea of a supervillain killing on campus is something that could be a big event that can go back to. I would normally deduct points for best friend sacrifice due to it being cliche but the ability to imitate someone and then feel better is a unique angle that I haven't seen a lot of.

Design 2/5 - Short Blond girl... most characters to be well noticed have to be larger than life in some way. They can't be short unless there is a reason they're short, or the shortness affects their personality. The whole trauma angle is also meh for a character design. Also, constantly feeling remorse is going to be difficult to move the story forward unless she overcomes it in a reasonable amount of time. Constant regret is never good character design, it often causes me as the reader to feel more angst rather than enjoyment.

Overall 3.5/5 - Could be good or great side character depending on what is done. Too much screen time might be annoying for progressing the story along unless she's the type who keeps it silent. That might bump her up to a 4 since there are very few female characters who can do the strong silent type routine well.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Sybil, currently a child. lightly tanned skin, black hair and yellow/gold eyes. Short, stocky body that's androgynous verging on masculine.
Produces mysterious black cubes that have the ability to interact with sentient life in interesting ways; very bad with social cues and interactions. Voracious appetite and a general inability to connect with peers but is able to befriend elderly people easily.
I would add more but I'm making pasta something and my focus has changed
Uniqueness 2/5 - While the cubes might be unique, the reality is this type of character with his personality is over done. Connecting with older people I've seen multiple times as well so it's not exactly... unique.

Design 1/5 - I am not sure what "interesting ways" means. There isn't much to this design that is going to be unique or interesting that I can see from your description.

Rating 1.5/5 - Somewhere in between trash and a stock character. Again, you didn't write much so I can't really rate it any higher than this. You can resubmit later if you want.
Scott Flores:

Design: Slicked back gold hair so radiant that it allows sunlight to shine through even when the sun is not present, and eyes like rubies, complimenting well with his attire of red pants, and a red and gold coat. He also has black boots, sports a smug smirk at all times, and wears two magic rings.

Background: Of the seven deadly sins he's always been prideful, greedy, envious, wrathful, and slothful. The most dangerous sins to Scott were his pride and sloth. This made it so that even though he was naturally more talented than his peers, he stopped training, and didn't bother experimenting with his skills thinking he didn't need to. This allowed him to be humiliated, and permanently become a gag character by the hands of the story's original protagonist.

A disgruntled reader then gets reincarnated into Scott's body but will die again within a day once he's absorbed into Scott's soul. So the soul aids Scott in what he can and provides Scott with notes on the original story alongside getting Scott started on experimenting with his skills. The soul also attempts to make an A-rank shield to get Scott his smithy back but fails, however, the next day Scott feels the same desperation the soul had and finishes the shield making it transcendent and forming an inseparable bond and brotherhood between the two.

Now Scott is on a mission to flip the script, but can he pull it off when the author's influence causes all to discredit him, and blindly support the original protagonist?
Uniqueness 3/5 - The trope of souls is too often, plus the gag character is in a lot of manwhas. There is nothing that really makes him too unique personality wise since he reminds me of the overconfident joke character with a smug. It's similar to the character I play on this forum. He also seems to be one of the crowd of main characters that are seeking to have their story changed.

Design 5/5 - Has a good background with a wealth of ways to be played. Plus the premise is for his character development which could make for a very entertaining read. Trying to flip the script is something many people find very relatable and desperation is also a feeling many feel. Then there is the idea that the world is against you 'author's influence. I find that this is a great design for his story and how he can fit into it, definitely main character design material with all the flaws and relatable points.

Overall 4/5 - I wouldn't say he would be a great and memorable main character unless you are able to add certain flares to him like a unique phrase or trait that readers can remember him by, but it's definitely going to be something many people can relate to and thus find entertaining as they go through the story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113259

The trope of souls is too often, plus the gag character is in a lot of manwhas. There is nothing that really makes him too unique personality wise since he reminds me of the overconfident joke character with a smug. It's similar to the character I play on this forum. He also seems to be one of the crowd.
Damn, I thought I did something unique with the soul too. Thanks for the otherwise good rating though. What does one of the crowd mean?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Damn, I thought I did something unique with the soul too. Thanks for the otherwise good rating though. What does one of the crowd mean?
I edited it, didn't finish the sentence.

A bit long, lol. Here's a cookie for your time. 🍪

Friegolas Wilhelm – A human knight, recently appointed Captain of the White Fang, the premier guard force centered around Helmac, the capital of the humans. He is often seen with his signature blonde hair, flowing in the wind.

The son of a baron, it was always his dream to become a knight, protecting and serving the city. His aspirations came true, and he managed to obtain his current position despite being only twenty-three, but not before his entire House was killed by a mysterious group of assassins.

But it turns out the Demon King wasn’t the only evil present. In the ranks of the human armies, who sought to gain from the war and raise themselves to higher power sat back and spat out orders at the people who risked their lives so that others could continue. It was one year after his employment that his platoon was sent on a suicide mission to defeat an Azurian Griffin. Everyone except him lost their lives, and when he returned home, he was met with the sneers of the higher-ups, the ones who assigned his platoon the mission in the first place.

With that, he went AWOL, choosing to follow the three mysterious individuals he had met in the tavern during his day off, on a journey to defeat the Demon King.
I'm sorry...

Uniqueness - 1/5 - Completely bland sounding. Suicide mission? Demon King... overdone so much! Handsome? Way overdone. Young and accomplished? OVER DONE! Entire house killed? Overdone.

Design 1/5 - You don't describe his personality at all here, just what happened and what he did so I'm assuming there was nothing unique about his character you wanted to bring out. IS he angry or just stoic? I mean... if you want to add more detail you can resubmit.

Overall 1/5 - Trash character from what I understand.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Envy: Female Vampire, Smol, White Hair, Crimson Eyes

She ate all of the Envy Miasma in the world as a spirit, and before she could turn into a demon the goddess gave her a boon, making her the first sin with an authority. She couldn't bear to watch the mortal races who were given things she couldn't possess, so after a while she consumed a girl in the forest becoming the first vampire. Upon consumption, she was granted a physical form that heavily resembled the girl. She is primarily "evil". Though, I would say that she is just heavily influenced by the sin she carries. Her power is that the people/creatures she consumes grant her with some of their ability/knowledge. If she wants something she will try and take it for herself.

D

Deleted member 113259

Oh well then yeah he totally is. One of the things about him is the soul made him literally obsessed with that and it actually harms his relationships with others.