Queen Elizabeth is dead

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
now i can't wait for our queen to die

Varstark

Well that's an steady end to an era. That's what, the last monarch to have participated in WW2? I guess when Akihito passes away, that'll be it.

It's almost poetic how long-term spouses pass away in short intervals with each other. Dependency will continuously stack up once you live that long together, I suppose.
So, does this mean all the Royal Navy ships are changing their pronouns?
Ships have always been referred to as 'she' in English. How much of that is the horny young men spending months inside her or ships requiring tons of paint and powder as a part of their high maintenance is unknown.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Well that's an steady end to an era. That's what, the last monarch to have participated in WW2? I guess when Akihito passes away, that'll be it.

It's almost poetic how long-term spouses pass away in short intervals with each other. Dependency will continuously stack up once you live that long together, I suppose.

Ships have always been referred to as 'she' in English. How much of that is the horny young men spending months inside her or ships requiring tons of paint and powder as a part of their high maintenance is unknown.
I think they were referring to HMS, in which case I think it just goes. Her Majesty’s ship -> His Majesty’s ship

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.
We will soon read some novel about a queen that reincarnate in piece in another world of magic.

She inspired us till the very end...

pelpelen

The title says it all, Queen Elizabeth is dead

The memes saying she was immortal were proven wrong :(
Nah, she just shed her mortal skin and ascended. She is now anything and everything. She exists and doesn't exist at the same time. She is not just immortal anymore, she's a god.
We will soon read some novel about a queen that reincarnate in piece in another world of magic.

She inspired us till the very end...
They're also making a queen funko pop... Or was it a nendroid?