Question for artists

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
Ah completely normal. We do have our preferences; what's important is we're not stepping on others to lift ourselves.

Btw, @HelloHound when she sees her notifs.

Good good. The Seseren March 7th pic is spreading--

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
As long as nobody sees my old art account from my teeny days...I'm good with posting online. But there is also nothing to fear if there is no audience...or works to publish :'D

I do delete stuff or not post certain stuff online when I know that it has undeniable flaws or if I'm very dissatisfied with it.
99% of what you do falls under Natural Talent, Learned Skill, and Knowledge.
Yes, and I very much believe that only 10% have extraordinary talent. The rest must be nervous when showing their artwork until their skill level and experience compensate for the lack of talent. (I'm at this stage)
Are you so arrogant as to assume your work is so worthy of theft?
Nope, even my watermark-free stuff never got stolen. :blob_neutral:

bailey10

Maybe a little because especially in the digital age where it's easier for people to copy and distribute creative works without permission. I will choose to limit their public exposure by being selective about where and how you share your work, and consider using platforms or communities that have mechanisms in place to protect creators' rights.

Succubiome

Do y'all ever get, like, scared or nervous to share your designs? Not for fear of how people would view your work, but rather fear that someone would steal your work and then sell it off as their own;
What do y'all do to deal with that fear? Is there a way to reduce it?
My impression people tend to try to steal art that they think is good and popular, so by the time you have to worry about it, you're unlikely to have to actually worry about it too much, if that makes sense? I'd say to make sure to have a tag you can be found on each piece of art so that if it's shared around without credits(which I think is more common), people can still look and find it, and if people steal it really lazily, same... and a lot of straight up art theft is really lazy, I think.

If you're worried about AIs copying it... well, I think that ship has flown, for good or for ill. With AI proliferation meaning it may be harder and harder in the future to get known as an artist, I think it's better to be known than not, and sooner rather than later, so hiding away stuff to protect it doesn't really make sense to me.

All in all, your popularity as an artist is more valuable than any single piece of art you create, basically?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Mona Lisa is only valuable because Leonardo Da Vinci is famous as heck.

Leonardo Da Vinci could still be making money off of his fame if he was alive, but unfortunately he made the poor strategic decision of dying.
Fair.

I suppose it would be better to post an image of a painting made by an artist who is only famous for that one painting, but... I don't know their names. :sweating_profusely:

RinDes

Nothing comes without risks, especially in an age where everything is share on the internet. It's all a gamble, but you can reduce fear and worries, by choosing what and where you share.

For me personally, I never had any major problems: I've been taking art and writing commissions for the past 7 years now, and not once did I faced art theft. But I've limited my sharing to Twitter, Wattpad and ScribbleHub only. And surprisingly, I've had more than a handful of people requesting for me not to share their commissioned work, which of course, I obliged to every time.

To be honest, I'm a tab more worried about my stories being stolen, than my artwork, but again, it's a risk I'm willing to take, in order to share with the world, my countless and sometimes overwhelming ideas.

Hope that can help a bit,
Kindly, Rin.