Question for artists

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
i think one of the red flags is when the members talk more than half the time about their views / popularity / money earned than how much they love their work.

which i don't think they do, else they talk about it instead.

I'd say if you got nothing good to say to the artist anyway, then just don't say unless they are asking for it, to which you have the go signal, but at least do it in a way that encourages the person to get better. Otherwise, just leave a react and hope it contributes to their algorithm.

D

Deleted member 54065

@ArrogantYoungMaster may I refer to you a special group of abnormal completely normal artests called "Guhit Pinas"? You can find them in Facebook.

You'll also learn how to draw poorthreat (portrait) pictures of Liza Soberano.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 54065

i think art is like that actually. it is considered good because it aligns with our preferences.

if you want to be more objective you probably go into technical details like the anatomy, perspective, details kind of stuff but for someone like me, i'm too lazy to dabble in that.
Nah, I don't try to be 'objective'; I also judge artworks based on my preferences. But, if an artist won't ask for it, I won't suggest anything.

Ran-Ron

You know, this daoist is something of an artist myself.

Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster

___
_|
: ) |_
--+--
|
/ \

Do not steal​
Ah but my friend I have something to say... Why does Liza's face turned to the side? Her hair looks like a polygon and I don't think she's that thin.

Also is this supposed to be a portrait? It's not even that realistic!!

Please don't be mad. Is just constructive cwiticism--

Seriously tho, that's how GP members are... 😅

I'd say if you got nothing good to say to the artist anyway, then just don't say unless they are asking for it, to which you have the go signal, but at least do it in a way that encourages the person to get better. Otherwise, just leave a react and hope it contributes to their algorithm.
Nah, I don't try to be 'objective'; I also judge artworks based on my preferences. But, if an artist won't ask for it, I won't suggest anything.

yeah personally i didn't really get impromptu rude criticism either. if it doesn't give any benefit to both parties and only serve to assert superiority, i think they need dunning-kruger medications.

D

Deleted member 54065

yeah personally i didn't really get impromptu rude criticism either. if it doesn't give any benefit to both parties and only serve to assert superiority, i think they need dunning-kruger medications.
Well, you know some of these guys think:

"It's published online, so it's liable to get feedbacks."
Ah but my friend I have something to say... Why does Liza's face turned to the side? Her hair looks like a polygon and I don't think she's that thin.

You can't even draw Liza's poorthreat and you comment on @ArrogantYoungMaster's poorthreat? That's road!

Ayt. We need to get back to the topic; we've been hijacking this thread again XD.

Well, you know some of these guys think:

"It's published online, so it's liable to get feedbacks."
the feedback is poorly defined because they did not specify: what is needed is a constructive feedback and what is considered as one.

it can also serve as a red-flag for sites that doesn't have well-defined terms and have harmfully exploited loopholes.

D

Deleted member 54065

the feedback is poorly defined because they did not specify: what is needed is a constructive feedback and what is considered as one.

it can also serve as a red-flag for sites that doesn't have well-defined terms and have harmfully exploited loopholes.
Eh, the purpose of it is so they can be seen as an 'expert' and thus, uplift their selves from their own insecurities, not really to 'help'.

I mean, people coming to you for advise on something really does improve on how you see yourself. However, a lot often overestimate themselves and think that they are the best like no one ever was (just like in Pokemon).

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
All jokes aside.

99% of what you do falls under Natural Talent, Learned Skill, and Knowledge.

The internet has made knowledge a rather touchy subject. Why memorize many details about things when the entire sum of human knowledge is available at your fingertips? While knowing minute details about a subject is useful, in the modern world, having a strong knowledge of WHERE to find knowledge is far more useful than extremely detailed knowledge about a subject.

However, if you truly wish to reach the pinnacle of a craft, you must learn about said craft. It's history. It's champions and Villains. This is but one aspect.

Natural talent isn't something to worry about. You have it, or you don't. If you have it, great, it will make the basics effortless. However, if you don't, do not fret. There are some barriers that cannot be overcome, but if you have the average talent of most, that is often good enough.

For example, I was once an artist, but I got jumped by seven guys, one armed with a baseball bat. They beat me into a coma and now I cannot hold an impliment of inscription without it trembling slightly. I no longer can draw a straight line. This is a barrier I cannot cross. It is a barrier to entry. If such a limitation exists, do not lament it. Accept your nature and move on.

However, even in those cases, Skill can defeat natural talent.

For you see, the natural talent usual has the problem that it is TOO easy. When something is too easy, humans grow complacent. The truth of the matter is, any skill is a numbers game. The human mind is not one unified thing. It is a computer and you are a pilot it in. You program your mind to do things in chunks and blocks.

How do you walk? Where does every toe go? Which muscle groups do you move? What do you do when running and encountering a set of stairs?

In medieval times, Stairs to defense fortifications were often uneven and each step was deeper or shallower or longer or shorter than each other. Why? Because a guard who walked up and down those poorly constructed stairs each and every day learned how to walk those stairs without thinking. An invader, trying to climb those stairs, would stumble and fall. It gave the defender an advantage.

The natural talent often is only good inside their specific wheelhouse, whereas the one who practices day after day, and spends hour after hour working to improve, will improve. It is a math game. 100 hours to be passable. 1000 hours to get good. 10,000 hours to master. Natural talent is needed to achieve truly astounding levels of achievement, but in 10,000 hours, you will be better than any natural talent that never puts in the hard work.

Afraid of someone stealing your work?

Are you so arrogant as to assume your work is so worthy of theft? If you are to achieve greatness, you need to work. You need to put yourself out there, and you have to risk failure. And if your work is stolen, you write that off as learning, then you make something BETTER. People only fear their work being stolen if they cannot improve anything. Have you reached the height of your craft? NO?

Then decide what you want. If this is a skill you wish to master, then master it. if you just want this to be a hobby, then you should be flattered that your work is stolen, because that's the best you are ever going to be. Stolen work is just free samples. If someone is stealing your work and passing it off as their own, I promise you, they will be discovered for the frauds that they are because they will be unable to ever achieve it on their own. In the end, they will fail to produce anything.

The truth of the matter is, there is a certain percentage of your work that will be lost and used by others, no matter what you do. The trick is to constantly make something new, so that when people get used to the free samples, then you can say, "Well, if you wish more, then that will cost you." Stephen King did not start out as the best-selling author in the world. He stuck to it relentlessly.

Just don't sign any contracts without getting legal advice first.

Eh, the purpose of it is so they can be seen as an 'expert' and thus, uplift their selves from their own insecurities, not really to 'help'.

I mean, people coming to you for advise on something really does improve on how you see yourself. However, a lot often overestimate themselves and think that they are the best like no one ever was (just like in Pokemon).
i'm guessing their advice isn't really helpful. you probably can just react to them and move on.

well not that i don't get the feeling of wanting to be superior, but in the end i feel overall well-being in life wins over a competition in certain field that results in the loss of more important ones.

too much i've heard of the greatest artists in history have depressing and tragic life. i'd rather be happy with my own mediocrity, if it means i can live a peaceful, happy and stress-free life.

D

Deleted member 54065

i'm guessing their advice isn't really helpful. you probably can just react to them and move on.

well not that i don't get the feeling of wanting to be superior, but in the end i feel overall well-being in life wins over a competition in certain field that results in the loss of more important ones.

too much i've heard of the greatest artists in history have depressing and tragic life. i'd rather be happy with my own mediocrity, if it means i can live a peaceful, happy and stress-free life.
More than an artist, I'm human. And I prefer to get along with everyone, having fun with my art with you guys, than climbing the lonely top.

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖

To be fair, fellow daoist has to be at least a one in ten thousand years genius to understand Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster. The painting dao is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Reversed Yang Guardian Formation Array theory and the 81 Tribulations Scripture most of the profoundness of the strokes will go over a typical artest's head. There's also Liza's sideways outlook, which is deftly woven into her polygon characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Santa Clara literature, for instance. The true artest cultivators understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these strokes, to realise that they're not just unordinary- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster's Liza's existential catchphrase "," which itself is a cryptic reference to the Classic of Mountains and Seas. This daoist is smirking right now just imagining one of those unenlightened trash scratching their heads in confusion as ArrogantYoungMaster's genius wit unfolds itself on scribble hub forums. What fools.. how I, your father, pity them. 😂

D

Deleted member 54065

To be fair, fellow daoist has to be at least a one in ten thousand years genius to understand Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster. The painting dao is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Reversed Yang Guardian Formation Array theory and the 81 Tribulations Scripture most of the profoundness of the strokes will go over a typical artest's head. There's also Liza's sideways outlook, which is deftly woven into her polygon characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Santa Clara literature, for instance. The true artest cultivators understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these strokes, to realise that they're not just unordinary- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Original digial drawing of Liza Soberan by ArrogantYoungMaster's Liza's existential catchphrase "," which itself is a cryptic reference to the Classic of Mountains and Seas. This daoist is smirking right now just imagining one of those unenlightened trash scratching their heads in confusion as ArrogantYoungMaster's genius wit unfolds itself on scribble hub forums. What fools.. how I, your father, pity them. 😂
They simply don't understand art. :blob_sir::blob_hmph:

Ran-Ron

More than an artist, I'm human. And I prefer to get along with everyone, having fun with my art with you guys, than climbing the lonely top.
i did read that the greatness of humanity that allow them to rise above all species are their impeccable ability to learn by imitating and their complex social structures.

it is indeed more beneficial to have common ground, get along with each other and learn together.

D

Deleted member 54065

i did read that the greatness of humanity that allow them to rise above all species are their impeccable ability to learn by imitating and their complex social structures.

it is indeed more beneficial to have common ground, get along with each other and learn together.
More than benefits, I love to have good relations with everyone as much as I can. It's a source of 'security' for me, for some reason. I was able to do L1-L15 because I can have fun with the peeps here on the forum, when in fact, my regular output in art is much lower.

More than benefits, I love to have good relations with everyone as much as I can. It's a source of 'security' for me, for some reason. I was able to do L1-L15 because I can have fun with the peeps here on the forum, when in fact, my regular output in art is much lower.
i personally prefer a bit more personal space, so i mostly just go for others when i need something or just want to chat but i just cut off communications when i want to focus on anything.

i do have difficulties following everyone's paces so i just go hop in when people's around and hop off when im doing something for myself.

while i know personal relations are important to some extent i prefer to base them around myself and what i'm comfortable with than conforming myself just so i can make friends with others.

D

Deleted member 54065

i personally prefer a bit more personal space, so i mostly just go for others when i need something or just want to chat but i just cut off communications when i want to focus on anything.

i do have difficulties following everyone's paces so i just go hop in when people's around and hop off when im doing something for myeslf.
Ah completely normal. We do have our preferences; what's important is we're not stepping on others to lift ourselves.

Btw, @HelloHound when she sees her notifs.

Last edited by a moderator: