Random ScribbleHub Demographic Survey [Poll/Survey]

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I've been thinking about that personal finance question a lot. I think it's highly subjective the way it's worded and will probably be skewed a lot based on personal outlook. Husband and I are living in a 1-bedroom apartment and applying for government assistance with food, but I still selected 2 because I know there are people in a much worse position than we are. The pandemic has not treated us kindly, but we are not in any danger of being evicted. I was considering the 1 but went with the 2 because I know some people who have been evicted/homeless at some point. A different person with different life experiences might have gone with 1 in our position.
I actually hesitated at that question as well. People on SH are from all over the world, so their answers will also reflect the country they are from. Looking at it that way, even though a person might be poor for one country, they could be rich compared to a person from another country. So I wasn't really sure what to measure it with. In the end, I only considered my own country. But even there, I still hesitated somewhat. Money-wise, I am below the poverty line but I am in the lucky situation of having an incredibly supportive family so I don't need to worry as much about expenses and can still live with the bit I have. Without them, it'd be a different matter altogether.

minacia

perpetually sour
This is some interim results in case anyone wanted to see the hours spent reading/writing in more detail. It's a little hard to see on the auto-charts since this was a short response item and a number of people provided text responses.

This interim data has up to 102 responses (81 non-blank) (72 question respondents).

Methods:
  • Responses were converted to numeric form.
  • For responses provided as a range, like "5-8 hours", the average was taken, yielding 6.5 hours.
  • For responses like "Less than 10 hours", -1 was subtracted to the response, yielding 9 hours. For responses like "100+ hours", +1 was added to the response, yielding 101 hours.
  • Some responses could not be converted to a number, like "I don't know but a lot", and were processed as null values.
  • Zero hours could be inferred from some responses. For instance, a reader who reported their reading hours yet left writing hour blank could be inferred as 0 hours spent writing.
1606920017282.png

1606920121260.png

1606920155486.png

Also by country fixed for typos

1606920629038.png

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

Nope, not yet! I was going to keep it open until the end of December!

I've been slowly spam-messaging 5 people on the main site every day... so we are getting more responses... extremely slowly...
Right, I forgot lol. Good luck with that

DanNepZen

Hiyo, I made a random demographic survey because I'm curious: link

I'd appreciate it if you filled it out, and even more if you circulated it around with your friends!

This is an unofficial survey, so it's not sponsored by Tony or ScribbleHub.

Feel free to skip any questions that you don't feel like answering.

The full set of raw data will not be openly shared with anyone except SH staff (if requested), and individual privacy is very important. The analyzed and summarized data will be published in this thread, and basic pie charts should be visible upon completing the survey.

I'll probably keep this open until January 1st, 2021.
Seems fun to answer... I kinda worry about my answer though.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Cool. Learned some new publishing sites I wasn't aware of.

What's the deal with Moonquill exactly?

Last edited:

xinde

Hiyo, I made a random demographic survey because I'm curious: link

I'd appreciate it if you filled it out, and even more if you circulated it around with your friends!

This is an unofficial survey, so it's not sponsored by Tony or ScribbleHub.

Feel free to skip any questions that you don't feel like answering.

The full set of raw data will not be openly shared with anyone except SH staff (if requested), and individual privacy is very important. The analyzed and summarized data will be published in this thread, and basic pie charts should be visible upon completing the survey.

I'll probably keep this open until January 1st, 2021.
I "HAH"ed out loud physically when I saw that most of us were single. PFFFT this is lowkey kinda sad ngl–

minacia

perpetually sour
Results Part 1: Frequencies

I'll probably slowly update this thread as I work through everything... just starting with plain frequency plots for now. It's going to take a lot of time, so please be patient! I'm doing this in my free time~

If there's something that you're interested in, let me know and I'll see if I can do some conditional or subgroup analyses.

Histogram of Day.png

Identity.png
Community.png

Site.png

Other Responses:
  • Novel Mania
  • Readfullnovel
  • Wuxia.site
  • Creative
  • Quotev
  • Own website
  • World Anvil
  • Miba

Histogram of Reading Hours.png

Histogram of Writing Hours.png

Gender.png

Other responses:
  • "Both answers seem like they'd give the wrong impression for different reasons."
  • "75% male 25% female"
  • One user responded with "I'm Milk." which was interpreted as a troll response and classified as N/A

Histogram of Age.png

Country.png

Notes:
  • Some users provided a region (i.e. Asia, Americas, Earth) which was excluded from the above graph

ENFirstLang.png

Last edited:

minacia

perpetually sour
This breaks my eyes in the Dark mode... :blob_blank:

I take it that you are a Light-mode user. My ideological enemy, then... :blob_neutral:

But this information is incredible! Thank you, MinMin ^^ and thank you for the poll! Without it, we wouldn't have formed BLBL :blob_aww:, so you're partially responsible for it.
:blob_shock: I just realized that prism outputs the graphs with transparency by default! ...I’ll fix it later.

And I’m glad that the poll is useful in some way!

LifeContinuesOn

I did not see the "Common" in the tags question, excuse me for my mega long tag question

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 6.53.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 6.53.12 PM.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 74