Realm Name(s)

Sup, Duck here.

I need your thoughts.

Here's the thing: I'm currently writing a martial arts novel, and I'm naming the different "realms."

However, many names are overused, so I decided to change the language. After all, it's quite normal to take names from Greek or Chinese, etc.

Does it make sense to use a word with the same meaning in "my" language as in English?

Example:

Beginner ---> Anfä(a)nger

HypnoticNovels

Every time I see a title with "realm" in it, I'm like: 😮

Anyway, I say name it Jimmy

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
How about using some fighting styles as a realm name?
I would like to visit the bustling Bushido City,
Or travel to the mountainous realm of Krav Maga,
Or enjoy the jolly festivities in the village of Capoeira.

RecursiveDescent

How about using some fighting styles as a realm name?
I would like to visit the bustling Bushido City,
Or travel to the mountainous realm of Krav Maga,
Or enjoy the jolly festivities in the village of Capoeira.
Capoeira is cool as hell.
I had an antagonist character I tried to base off a Capoeira inspired sword style, but my MC only had like an advantage in magic and I kinda gave him a magic cancel thing to level the field... So yeah, despite my MC also having a literal innate ability to sense attacks before they happened I could not find a way MC could survive let alone win so I had to pull some desperate plot armor and get someone else to save them...

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
not sure what you mean by realms, but when I need different worlds within the same overall universe (not different planets, but like different planes) I usually go with something related to what's supposed to be there. I've been learning german, so a realm of hell/fire/whatever might be named "Feuer" or "Fuego" (spanish) or the like. or if i'm looking for a longer/funny name, I'll fiddle with google translate to get something akin to a pun or joke name. Like naming a water-creation spell "Try to wash with water" in latin.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I used my native tongue as an alien language once, so go for it.

Jemini

I actually invented an entire language just to make it easier to name people in my series. Well, that and the fact I don't like using random characters when people are speaking foreign languages, so I wanted to have characters speaking this other language until my cast was able to understand them.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Need details.

What do the realms do?
How many?
What culture?
Who went before?

You could name each realm after the one who discovered it along with his fighting style, like.

Brillfrogerton the pious' Realm of two bears high-fiving.

Or just two bears for short.