Reincarnated as an elderly with only one month left, what skill would you choose to survive?

What skill would you choose to survive?

• 1. Divine EXP Boost

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 2. Demoniac Thirst

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 3. Demoniac Takeover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Divine World Librarian

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Bristlecone

You were mistakenly reincarnated as an elderly with only a month of life expectancy left, and the god of reincarnation offers you one of the following abilities to correct his mistake.

1. Divine EXP Boost. Grants a x50 EXP multiplier, allows to regain lifespan and a middle age appearance at high level.

2. Demoniac Thirst. Drains the life expectancy from others at a rate of 10% of the total taken (highly addictive), allows you to regain a youthful appearance.

3. Demoniac Takeover. Steal someone else's body and make it yours through a long ritual, the host life expectancy will be reduced by 95%, your level will be cut in half each time and you will retain the skills of the host body.

4. Divine World Librarian. Grants access to a closed space outside the flow of time where all the magic tomes of the world are stored (Divine and Demonic skills cannot be learned this way), each magic tome has a divine protection that forces its reader to read them without the use of any skills.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
You were mistakenly reincarnated as an elderly with only a month of life expectancy left, and the god of reincarnation offers you one of the following abilities to correct his mistake.

1. Divine EXP Boost. Grants a x50 EXP multiplier, allows to regain lifespan and a middle age appearance at high level.

2. Demoniac Thirst. Drains the life expectancy from others at a rate of 10% of the total taken (highly addictive), allows you to regain a youthful appearance.

3. Demoniac Takeover. Steal someone else's body and make it yours through a long ritual, the host life expectancy will be reduced by 95%, your level will be cut in half each time and you will retain the skills of the host body.

4. Divine World Librarian. Grants access to a closed space outside the flow of time where all the magic tomes of the world are stored (Divine and Demonic skills cannot be learned this way), each magic tome has a divine protection that forces its reader to read them without the use of any skills.
1. So you want an elderly to go smack slimes?
2. Can do. Most likely to get smited though.
3. I am having difficulty understanding this, what do you mean by "your level is cut in half"? So what? Does your halved level mixed with the host as well?
4. Eternal life like the owl in the tower in Avatar. Worst part is that you can't gain skills from reading them. Best part is that you can find a cure to old age and later, get out with the cure.

Fyi, I picked the second one cuz I lazy af. Time for me to become a babysitter.

TotallyHuman

the god of reincarnation offers you one of the following abilities to correct his mistake
Yeah, this deity is so conscientious, in return for reincarnating you wrong, it gives you the ability to steal bodies or lifespan outright. Totally worship material.

strawcake

I would choose 4, not cause it will extend my life or something but just imagine a "protagonist" and their crew stumbling upon an old granny that's quietly reading divine or demonic books as if it were a sleazy romance novel. Idk just sounds cool to me

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Gonna pick 4 because all other options are way too RNG(You get someone you can drain/steal body from, or you die trying). Except 1, 1 is just a death wish if XP is combat exclusive

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Hmm. I don't like this one.

The third option is pure shit.

The second option is 'ideal' for having an actual life, but the cravings would be far too annoying, and murder isn't an option.

The first one is workable, but it sounds like a pain and you can only go back to middle age.

The last option is kinda sad, but the best. Assuming the line about being 'forced to read without skills' means 'you can't use reading skills to read faster' and not 'you literally can't put the book down and it has mind shattering truths in it that will kill you'.

Leyligne

Fourth.
There was time now, it’s not fair!
Oh, wait, infinite time and my eyes aren’t that bad, I can still read the large print books.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
2. I'll drain all the other elderly people nearby, and then nobody will recognize me as I regain my youthful appearance. When all the elderly people mysteriously die, the town will dump all the bodies in a mass grave, and nobody will notice my missing corpse.

After that, I'll focus on criminals, living a nomadic lifestyle so the local authorities don't catch on.

When I find someone who looks a lot like me, I'll drain her and steal her passport. I'll dispose of her body somewhere people are unlikely to find it so they assume she just ran away from home. Maybe I'll even pretend to be her and write letters to her family as I travel the world. I might as well send them money to make up for their loss, too.

SailusGebel

Orochimaru liked it :s_smile:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The host's level disappears and only half of your level remains

Orochimaru liked it :s_smile:
Then point 3 has to be the shittiest idea.

I get that you can steal the skills of original occupant, but the fact that it is your own miserable level which is halved makes it so shitty. You normally possess someone stronger than you unless you go xianxia MC BS and got level downed because getting analed by someone a lot stronger.

Kenjona

Tempting, depends on HOW you gain XP and what the leveling set points are. If you cannot gain enough XP no matter what in that 1 month, kind of not worth it. If you can, probably the best morally and possibly least risk from fellow humans of the first 3 choices.

Yeah, its a trap. Unless there was a way to cure your addiction. The only way I can see you getting away with this is if you can drain just enough to live for a day or two extra per person without it becoming an addiction. Otherwise you are going to end up a depraved blood thirsty monster.

Another trap. The level loss does not matter (unless hitting level 0 means you die) as much as the 95% life expectancy loss of the host. You will have to keep jumping into a new host every few years. Depending on how leveling works, you may never get out of level 1 or 0. If there is leveling, that means there are probably a lot of more powerful people out there that can kill you anytime they wish once you take over the wrong person.
Jumping into a 20 year old host who is expected to live to 100 is (100-20)*5%=4 years left to live, better than 1 month. If you can gain all your levels back and go a bit higher than that in 4 years it might work out.
Now if you have longer lived beings who are at a similar power level then this might work out.

Outside the flow of time, does this mean you wont age while in it? If so do you have to leave to eat? Are you chancing on getting a book to tell you how to extend your life span? IDK.