Removing 'Edit' Time limit for [Community Game] and certain subforums

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
Currently, after a certain amount of time, a post can no longer be edited.

I don't know what amount of time it is ... or for what purpose it is locked that way...

but for Community games sometimes posts that are 'quick links' or table of content pages or RPG character sheets would change over time and needs to be updated...

If the [Community Game] subforum can let users edit their past thread indefinitely that would be great.

Would be helpful for Creations subforum too... :blob_cookie:

Yup. Both my main threads are clocked out. I'll have to make a new one once I need to change the title page.

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Wait, for real!?

*goes check one of my old threads*

There really is a time limit where one can't edit their posts... *shivers*

Tony! Please remove that!! >.<
It exists on more subforums (At least writing tips) and the main site as well, so I doubt it's unintentional.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It exists on more subforums (At least writing tips) and the main site as well, so I doubt it's unintentional.
I know, but there is a purpose for this kind of feature in other subforums.

In community games it is detrimental though. Sometimes people might want to host big games that are long lasting, so being able to update the first post throughout the years would be very beneficial.

Or in case someone wants to make a main thread for various minigames (like, a sign up thread for all Mafia games, for example), while also updating it regularly to link to all past games and stuff, then it becomes troublesome to not be able to edit.

Essentially, this feature is bad for community games, so it would be nice if it was disabled in community games... And well, Tony disabled the automerge of double posts in community games before, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to disable this one too.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
Wait, for real!?
hmmm... I can still edit things in feb... but not in jan... so limit is around 3 months?

if the games are just 3 months campaigns.. I guess that could work... or just new threads every 3 season...

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Would be helpful for Creations subforum too... :blob_cookie:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Yup. Both my main threads are clocked out. I'll have to make a new one once I need to change the title page.