Rename "Trending" to "Popular"

Reisinling

Trending page is not really trending, it's just popular novels that got latest chapter released with caveats (that is, if you release chapter every day it will only show once/twice a week). Well, not always, but in like 80% of cases (see Demons life of wonder - great story but it's on the trending page nearly constantly)

Or you could try creating separate "tiers" for trending? like 1 tier for novels between 1-100 readers, then 100- 1000, then the last one, which would be just most recent relapses of the most popular series.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Still not understanding why everyone is so damn excited to be on it. It doesn't mean your work is any good or better than those who aren't. Quite a bit of trending is piss-poor smut whose idea of plot is "which hole should I choose next?". Leaving the general populace to choose quality is like asking Hitler to babysit your Jewish child. The results are tragic.

I'm waiting for the first "trolls prevented me from achieving trending" post. Or have I already missed it?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Still not understanding why everyone is so damn excited to be on it. It doesn't mean your work is any good or better than those who aren't. Quite a bit of trending is piss-poor smut whose idea of plot is "which hole should I choose next?". Leaving the general populace to choose quality is like asking Hitler to babysit your Jewish child. The results are tragic.

I'm waiting for the first "trolls prevented me from achieving trending" post. Or have I already missed it?
Basically, if you get into trending, you get more exposure, which means your story's popularity has a decent chance of getting a huge increase... Which is pretty great if you have a patreon or whatever.

ForestDweller

Basically, if you get into trending, you get more exposure, which means your story's popularity has a decent chance of getting a huge increase... Which is pretty great if you have a patreon or whatever.

Yeah, my views skyrocketed when I got into trending.

Reisinling

I hate the trending tab as much as the next guy but holy shit now this is what I call COPE

Man, I'm not even close to being capable of having enough views to be able to get on it. I do however use this page on my "reader" account (decided to split the one i use for writing and reading), and I have been for the past year at least. Only now, that I started looking at all the rankings beyond the first page due to personal interest, did I notice how much good and diverse shit there is after the first two pages!

Also, man, I patreon support some on the authors that I found on this site, but when you look at some who like for example Tree of Aeons (chose him because I do indeed support him financially) don't even bother formatting for the site, it slightly sucks.

PunishedKom

Trending is kinda fucked. I spent a good deal of money on advertising earlier this month, got 13k views for two days straight I think and didnt get into the top 10 lol

not that I spent it specifically to get on trending, just fucking weird to me

Valmond

Trending is kinda fucked. I spent a good deal of money on advertising earlier this month, got 13k views for two days straight I think and didnt get into the top 10 lol

not that I spent it specifically to get on trending, just fucking weird to me
Hold on, you can spend money for advertising? 🤨

Valmond

I am told money has many uses.
Indeed it does. However, I am still pretty new to this site. So how exactly does that work on here? For wattpad, I know paid program has their own adverting for the writer for instance. Similar case with Inkitt. What about this one? How does it work here?

PunishedKom

Indeed it does. However, I am still pretty new to this site. So how exactly does that work on here? For wattpad, I know paid program has their own adverting for the writer for instance. Similar case with Inkitt. What about this one? How does it work here?
I didn’t mean on this site, I just bought lots of adspace on hentai sites and directed it to my series here lol.

You’re welcome, whoever runs this site.

Valmond

I didn’t mean on this site, I just bought lots of adspace on hentai sites and directed it to my series here lol.

You’re welcome, whoever runs this site.
Oh okay, now it is making a lot more sense. XD

Yeah, that can work. Still, if you went that far. Looks like the return did not quite workout.

PunishedKom

Oh okay, now it is making a lot more sense. XD

Yeah, that can work. Still, if you went that far. Looks like the return did not quite workout.
It did I just think it's stupid I didn't get trending lmao. 13k views x 2 days still helps rise in the overall rankings a lot you know.

Valmond

It did I just think it's stupid I didn't get trending lmao. 13k views x 2 days still helps rise in the overall rankings a lot you know.
Yeah, it does. I meant that, your goal was to get on trending top 10. Honestly, I am not really sure how it works. I made it on a few days back, but very low in the list. My work didn’t get anywhere near your level of surge. So, I am not sure how they specifically determine this. 13k for two days, I would imagine you’d get on it pretty easy to at least make it into the first section of it.

Reisinling

I'm starting to understand the system a bit more. I was overeager in my earlier assesment, but it does seem that trending is strongly dependent on the last 2 days not only 1, also any time you are in top 100, you are then awarded "negative points" or something, so the following days you are less likely to be anywhere on trending. It creates this funny situation where positions 10-30 have a set of people that often get there, but nontheless never are on top 10

PunishedKom

I'm starting to understand the system a bit more. I was overeager in my earlier assesment, but it does seem that trending is strongly dependent on the last 2 days not only 1, also any time you are in top 100, you are then awarded "negative points" or something, so the following days you are less likely to be anywhere on trending. It creates this funny situation where positions 10-30 have a set of people that often get there, but nontheless never are on top 10
That would explain why I didn’t get it... weird... coincidentally I am very often in the top 30 but never in the top 10. Great.