Requirements to appear in 'Trending'

Overlord_Venus

Welp, I am a new author that has just migrated to this site a couple weeks ago. So, I am pretty much clueless about many things. Well, I first wanted to know about the most eye-catchy thingy of this site. The Trending section. How does it operate? What are the requirements?

Well, fellow brave warriors, if you know the details, please fill up this ignorant one with them.

FlutterOfCrows

Its how dramatic the improvements or ratings from one set mark to another? (sorry if this is too vague to be helpful.

Nanakawaichan

Even I still clueless with trending section 😂They said it's from favourite+views+readers. But sometimes I found some story that have three of that but still not on trending section.

Wait... I checked your story and it's in rising weekly serial finder. You should be close to the trending section.

Last edited:
include reincarnation / reincarnated in the title. the longer the better.
use anime girls cover
copy pasta (with some adjustments) the plot from your favorite novel
???
profit!

Nanakawaichan

include reincarnation / reincarnated in the title. the longer the better.
use anime girls cover
copy pasta (with some adjustments) the plot from your favorite novel
???
profit!
That's make sense, now you mentioned it. I just realized there's always some story with reincarnation /reincarnated title on the trending section.

Overlord_Venus

That's make sense, now you mentioned it. I just realized there's always some story with reincarnation /reincarnated title on the trending section.
Well, 'reincarnation' is one of the golden words after all. readers can't help but click them. Honestly, I too would have used some of those golden words, but my story doesn't have any of them haah

Overlord_Venus

Even I still clueless with trending section 😂They said it's from favourite+views+readers. But sometimes I found some story that have three of that but still not on trending section.

Wait... I checked your story and it's in rising weekly serial finder. You should be close to the trending section.
Wow, I only checked it after you mentioned it. Awesome, I am sho close. yipeee

Nerodith

I'm quite curious about the exact requirements too. I seem to be in the trending section every two days.
0000000.PNG

My number of views has been doing this ever since the 10th march, where my story entered the trending section for the first time. And then it falls out of the top 8 trending stories, so the number of views drop, and then it becomes a trending story again, etc. :blob_hmm_two:
So I don't think it's related to views, since everytime I have a peak of views, the next day, my story stop trending. And then for some reason it enters the top 8 trending section the next day again, and so there is another peak, but the the next day, nope.
How in the wolrd does this algorithm work ? :blob_dizzy:

Overlord_Venus

I'm quite curious about the exact requirements too. I seem to be in the trending section every two days.
View attachment 2096
My number of views has been doing this ever since the 10th march, where my story entered the trending section for the first time. And then it falls out of the top 8 trending stories, so the number of views drop, and then it becomes a trending story again, etc. :blob_hmm_two:
So I don't think it's related to views, since everytime I have a peak of views, the next day, my story stop trending. And then for some reason it enters the top 8 trending section the next day again, and so there is another peak, but the the next day, nope.
someone said it was the difference between two days, not the number of views/activity but the difference in views/activity between two days. They also said how that sawblade graph =trending section or something. not exactly sure myself. i am just fishing for info

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
This has already been covered. Seriously people, take ten minutes to look for it instead of makin' new threads all the time. I mean i would link the answer but im too lazy to look for it, and i shouldnt have to anyway cuz i aint the one askin. Its like making someone else google shit for you and i aint no one's maid.

Nanakawaichan

View attachment 2096
When you start to enter trending section on 11th March, because on 9th March you beat your first peak when you release the story? (if this right, that means I'm so screw up. My story is based on reader poll while the other on still on re-edit progress. ) 😂

Last edited:

Yorth

Swordman
trending works like this from my findings. Let's say that your "score" is calculated using ratings, favorites, readers, and views. Do some math wiz on those parameters, and voila, there is your score. Okay, now what? Take your score from day 1 and your score in day 2, if there is a significant improvement between the two days, you'll probably be in the trending section in day 4, not day 3, day 4. Why? I have no idea, but that's how it consistently works.

PS: You probably want to link your novel in your signature, not just have it written in bold letters.

Nanakawaichan

trending works like this from my findings. Let's say that your "score" is calculated using ratings, favorites, readers, and views. Do some math wiz on those parameters, and voila, there is your score. Okay, now what? Take your score from day 1 and your score in day 2, if there is a significant improvement between the two days, you'll probably be in the trending section in day 4, not day 3, day 4. Why? I have no idea, but that's how it consistently works.

PS: You probably want to link your novel in your signature, not just have it written in bold letters.
Signature? What's that?

Nerodith

Signature? What's that?
It's what appears at the end of each one of your post (in mine, you should see an illustration for example).
Putting the link of your story in your signature is a good way to advertise it whenever you post something in the forums. Personally, if I want to check out someone's story and there is no link in their signature, I won't bother searching for it ^^'

Nanakawaichan

It's what appears at the end of each one of your post (in mine, you should see an illustration for example).
Putting the link of your story in your signature is a good way to advertise it whenever you post something in the forums. Personally, if I want to check out someone's story and there is no link in their signature, I won't bother searching for it ^^'
Thank you for your advice 😁
I will try to make it on my laptop. (I using phone to write.)

Overlord_Venus

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know something like this was possible haha. (I initially put the cover of my book in my signature and got a scare when it occupied half the page of this forum :sweating_profusely: )