Royal Families are pretty cringe

J_Chemist

Really not a fan of those "king" and "queen" monikers. They really are a problem. Especially their runts they call children. "Princes" and "Princesses". Those lot are just cringe, bros and brolies.

Always swinging their fake power around and making the regular people do their bidding. Gross. I vote for another revolution.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Guess why the royal families happen. One word, feudalism. Some dude in 700s (in Europe) swore to protect the peasants from *insert_problem_here*, does it while being meritocratic, makes children, they become too cocky being powerful, stagnating into the nepotocracy, until something bad happens that the revolution or reform happens, cycling back to meritocracy, perpetuating cycle yet again.

Bruh

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Honestly, maybe our societies should go back to monarchies. Democracy isn't working out too well. I'm not sure about this, though.

D

Deleted member 54065

Guess why the royal families happen. One word, feudalism. Some dude in 700s (in Europe) swore to protect the peasants from *insert_problem_here*, does it while being meritocratic, makes children, they become too cocky being powerful, stagnating into the nepotocracy, until something bad happens that the revolution or reform happens, cycling back to meritocracy, perpetuating cycle yet again.

Bruh
You forgot religion. Those guys made their claim to fame legit by claiming God's appointment of their family line to protect the people.

SailusGebel

You forgot religion. Those guys made their claim to fame legit by claiming God's appointment of their family line to protect the people.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

Bruh
Feudalism and monarchism is more than just a European concept, even the mesoamerican tribes which had no prior contact to Europeans till the age of exploration had king's.

If you look at world history Republics and Democracies are the oddballs of governments, so if you are wishing to have a reflection of historical realism in your works it would make sense for the majority of the government in your world were to be monarchial.

Hell even after the age of enlightenment monarchs only really started falling out of fashion, at least in the west, after the consistent crushing defeats and phyric victories in both worlds wars and the inability to afford their world spanning empires after the war.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Really not a fan of those "king" and "queen" monikers. They really are a problem. Especially their runts they call children. "Princes" and "Princesses". Those lot are just cringe, bros and brolies.

Always swinging their fake power around and making the regular people do their bidding. Gross. I vote for another revolution.
Could I introduce you to my friend la guillotine?