RPG Classes

Which of these RPG Archetypes Do You Prefer the Most?

• Warrior (whatever more glass cannon classes that go close and personal go here as well)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Tank (can overlap with warrior, but this is focused more on defense)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Rogue (overlaps with the more ninja/trickery-based classes)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ranged DPS (gunners and archers go here)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Mage (whatever form of offensive spellcaster type goes here)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Cleric (bards, priests, miscellaneous enchanter/buffers go here)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Inventor (or the inventor, techy alchemist types that allow you to create and craft stuff)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Others

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

EternalSunset0

Just curious to see what authors here like to play as the most among the various archetypes of RPG classes. I know it's not an exhaustive list, and I'm just typing the choices off the top of my head. However, I think that should cover the general bases? Hopefully.

I'd also want to know your reasons for choosing the class that you chose, and as a bonus, what class you like to play as the least. Personally, I often go for the cleric-y classes in my RPGs. Being able to buff/heal your allies en route to success feels so good, so much better than being in the center of the action. That also explains why I'm not too fond of playing as tanks, too.

MadmanRB

I favor the Warrior/Tank type with the occasional Mage and inventor and sometimes Paladin

D

Deleted member 45782

Mage, because hey why not? No magic here, might as well try something different + they can make interesting destructive weapons themselves without having to carry weapons to do that sometimes.

Magic. Who wouldn't? :D
I still wanna blast those pigeons.
🧙‍♂️⚡⚡⚡🐦 = 🍗

Thu if its playing a team of different types like in feh, mages aren't really what i would go for normally.

D

Deleted member 29316

I'm always the support in all the games we play with my friends. In fact, I play support too often that I've gotten adept at it.

For example:
Phantasy Star Online 2: Force/Techer
7 Days 2 Die: Quartermaster/Miner
Warframe: Trinity/Oberon Frame

"Because a great but dead player is useless after all. 😁"
-Martin Luther King

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm torn between Cleric and Rouge

For one, I'll be a great healer/provide gigantic ass buff magic for the team. Hell, I main medic classes in most team games I play. I work best with dependable allies than unpredictable enemies. In any given situation, I'd rely on the diplomatic route. If it ends with rolling for anal circumference, so be it.

In the other hand, fuck being a team. We're here by mutual benefit. I'm noping the fuck out on the first sign of inconvenience.

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
Just curious to see what authors here like to play as the most among the various archetypes of RPG classes. I know it's not an exhaustive list, and I'm just typing the choices off the top of my head. However, I think that should cover the general bases? Hopefully.

I'd also want to know your reasons for choosing the class that you chose, and as a bonus, what class you like to play as the least. Personally, I often go for the cleric-y classes in my RPGs. Being able to buff/heal your allies en route to success feels so good, so much better than being in the center of the action. That also explains why I'm not too fond of playing as tanks, too.
I play mages for the most part in ALL fantasy games. Why do something I could do in real life even if it's not very likely. Realistically I'll never become 6 foot tall with more muscle than a gorilla on cocaine but I COULD do that as it is technically possible to do. So I go for magic cause no matter how hard I try I'm not gonna suddenly shit out a fireball.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I'm torn between Cleric and Rouge

For one, I'll be a great healer/provide gigantic ass buff magic for the team. Hell, I main medic classes in most team games I play. I work best with dependable allies than unpredictable enemies. In any given situation, I'd rely on the diplomatic route. If it ends with rolling for anal circumference, so be it.

In the other hand, fuck being a team. We're here by mutual benefit. I'm noping the fuck out on the first sign of inconvenience.
All those good reaspns above, and then the second paragraph came.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Bruh if you want to get a ten foot claw up your ass doubling as your spinal column, be my guest. I'm rather proud of my taint. Shit's tighter than a Catholic choir boy.
I understood 25% of that paragraph.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I wanna be a Civilian. But first, why don't I introduce it so you can add it to the poll?

Basically, all characters that don't particularly fit into any one of the 7 classes mentioned above are in this class. The base Civilian skillset is rather useless and extremely limited in terms of equipment (though Civilians are the only class that can tame monsters). However, they usually have unique equipment and/or skills of their own to make up for it, so a Civilian's actual role will vary greatly from one to the next.

EternalSunset0

I wanna be a Civilian. But first, why don't I introduce it so you can add it to the poll?

Basically, all characters that don't particularly fit into any one of the 7 classes mentioned above are in this class. The base Civilian skillset is rather useless and extremely limited in terms of equipment (though Civilians are the only class that can tame monsters). However, they usually have unique equipment and/or skills of their own to make up for it, so a Civilian's actual role will vary greatly from one to the next.
So it's kinda like the Super Novice from Ragnarok? Cool.

SternenklarenRitter

I do like dodge tanks. Are they more tanks or rogues? I marked tank because they fill the same role. Up close and personal with the enemy, but focused on parrying and interrupting their attacks, rather than dealing damage or blocking and enduring hits. You don't need armor if you never get hit! Functionally, they work just like tanks, but are further effective against stronger and slower opponents. Thematically, they fit with rogues, but more focused on actual combat. Trying for a dodge tank works poorly in almost every game I have ever played, but I still adore the concept.

EternalSunset0

I do like dodge tanks. Are they more tanks or rogues? I marked tank because they fill the same role. Up close and personal with the enemy, but focused on parrying and interrupting their attacks, rather than dealing damage or blocking and enduring hits. You don't need armor if you never get hit! Functionally, they work just like tanks, but are further effective against stronger and slower opponents. Thematically, they fit with rogues, but more focused on actual combat. Trying for a dodge tank works poorly in almost every game I have ever played, but I still adore the concept.
Rogue I think

Reminds me of Fie from Trails of Cold Steel if you played it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
...All my MCs are muscleheads, because I prioritise fighting power more than anything.

In fact, I am more inclined to Warrior/Tank type than any other pure or mix types, if the Warrior/Tank type can get a self heal ability, it will be cash.

In fact, I think I like the Tank solely because of Han Xiao, he might be an Inventor type, the fucker has more HP and DEF than any pugilist in the universe.

If it is myself however, I might pick Inventor/ Ranged so that I don't have to be at the front line.

And I am a bit done with Rogue because of Jason Asano.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I like playing the support Role.

If your tanky AF but don't have any survivability than that, its basically just a meat wall.

If your fast AF but can't be more useful in a team, your basically gonna be a fast bait rather than a reliable team.

If your so smart but still can't even lift bro? I can call you a nerd without being a meathead.

Inventor? If you still can't build a tech that can be an all-rounded weakness dispenser, imma throw you out to the pack of wolves.

Support is best. Bringing heals both physical, mental, emotional and even your love life. Guaranteed warranty over life and death at your service.

Had a broken arm? Casting heal can fix it right up.

Some witch curse you? Time to sprinkle dem cures and your good to go.

Wanna commit suicide because you lost your work and can't feed your family? Lets head to the tavern and talk this out, even help you settle in to a new job with my fellow friends.

Wanna ask that chick out? I'm your cupid and help you be a pimp on them btches.

Oh? You don't have money you say? Well, we can sign in to some contract and let say... 1 month payment of loan and even extend it to a year for a guaranteed credit that will be reimbursed and payed in cash.

Oh, if you run out of town you say.... Hahahaha......

I better see you try...

Call your local support at the nearest church and we will not convert you to our religion now!