Writing Prompt Sad

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
You feel really sad. However, you are of the "Laughter Race" which thrives on laughter. Those that don't laugh, die.

How will you survive?

Napelynn

Comedians?
Off topic but, I don't think a race that has to laugh all the time can exist. They wouldn't be able to talk with each other because they would constantly be going "HAHAHAHAH!!!" They would have to be like normal animals and even then they would be horrible hunters since they would be constantly broadcasting their location with their laugh.

Agentt

Thighs
Comedians?
Off topic but, I don't think a race that has to laugh all the time can exist. They wouldn't be able to talk with each other because they would constantly be going "HAHAHAHAH!!!" They would have to be like normal animals and even then they would be horrible hunters since they would be constantly broadcasting their location with their laugh.
In the book hitchhiker's guild to galaxy, an awesome read, there was a race which had evolved telepathy. So if they didn't wanted there thoughts to be broadcasted in a 5 mile radius, they have talk all the time.

Agentt

Thighs
You feel really sad. However, you are of the "Laughter Race" which thrives on laughter. Those that don't laugh, die.

How will you survive?
Well, such a race would obviously had developed some sort of pills, right? Or atleast emergencies ticklers. But I doubt you are looking for such answers.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I laugh maniacally while holding on this bloodstained knife.

I laugh, I cry, I laugh, I cry, I laugh, I cry........ and then i keep silent while watching this corpse who was a kind young man that sheltering me from the rain a few hours ago.

"JUST CATCH ME ALREADY YOU DAMN USELESS COPS!!!"

I really wish i could shout that sentence with my lung, but I could only shout it in my head instead.

I've lost count of how many people that make by far. I can't even recall who's my first victim was. All I remember is I have to do this or else I would be the one who died instead.

A laughter tribe supposed to be the most friendly bunch, we're taught since little on how to spread happiness and bring smiles to people's faces. But all I felt is just disgusting feeling in my gut for spreading my fake laugh to others.
I kept putting on facade ever since I gain sentience, forcing my face to laugh even though i got this indescribable feeling of hollow in my chest.
I thought I would be dead, until one day I killed this cockroach due to my anger. but ridiculously, the pain in my chest is somewhat subsided.

Things gotten escalated bit by bit ever since then, some bugs didn't enough to ease me anymore, I starting to kill a stray mammal until eventually i came to killing people.

I don't know how long has it been, I don't even know what are those people saying about me since i never read the news at all.
whenever I saw the corpse of my victim is the only time i can laugh heartily without any lies, i use deception to everyone I met, putting a facade for my entire life makes me susceptible to people wariness. to which I always able to perform the usual thing without ever getting caught even once.

i wipe the blood on my knife, then proceed to walking out from this place. The sadness is gone for now, though I'm not sure for how long before it will come back again.

I really wish that one day, someone is able to outsmart me and put an end to this misery of mine.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Well, such a race would obviously had developed some sort of pills, right? Or atleast emergencies ticklers. But I doubt you are looking for such answers.
Reminds me of 'we happy few' game where they had to take pills to forget some memories and trauma.

If they had to laugh for their life, I think they will need things like stimulants when they encounter a situation where they're sad and needed to be 'happy'
Wait, aren't we doing this already? Taking drugs, I mean...

Agentt

Thighs
You see if you fake laughing, it will eventually turn into a genuine one
Until you realise that you are fake laughing, and then fall into despair as you doubt that the memories you spent with your loved ones were really happiness or not.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Comedians?
They have crested the language of "Laughter".... different laughs mean different things....