Scribbly Anniversary V2

D

Deleted member 19049

Oh, I'm allowed to write anything? Nice. I'm not a fan of being constrained by a theme or whatever, so I may partake in this competition. Depends how much I can get done since I also want to work on other writing. My Pokemon fan fiction has been on hiatus for too long and I could do with continuing an original story I've only written 15 pages for.

Laeyioun

|Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|
Well, I guess I could contemplate on whether try making a subversive and my first ever story now... Money is power!

A question. If I do join, then will it immediately get considered and then judged as long as I meet all requirements and submit 40,000 words before April 1?

Sinpathy

Feels bad. I signed on for adventum only to not post anything. Now when I decide to release chapters I can't participate :blob_teary:

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Waifulabs cover is the best choice. Got that clickbait vibe

and also
Feels bad. I signed on for adventum only to not post anything. Now when I decide to release chapters I can't participate :blob_teary:

Last edited:

Nneeil

@Alverost
Do rewrites count?
I was planning on rewriting one of my oldest novels from scratch... buuut...

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?

A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.
I'm not sure if it counts.

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
Hmm, interesting thing to consider...

Strictly speaking, a "rewrite" is not a different story, its closer to a second draft so is essentially the same story but an alternate version, so it might fail under the clause.
  1. Have not been posted before the 31st of December.

If you have never posted your novel anywhere before then it's fine.

Since:
Q: What if I’ve written a story that fits the requirement but never posted it before?
A: Since there’s no way for us to check when you wrote the story, as long as you’ve never posted it anywhere else before, it is perfectly fine to use it as a contest entry.

But I suppose @Alverost will have the final call on that one...

Zavha0mnic

Trending chan gonna get abused again.

May the best smut win.

EDIT: hey kiddo, did you know that https://waifulabs.com/ is a site which generates anime girls for you? You can use it to make a nice anime cover for this competition! At least that's what most of the top contenders of the last competition used.
Is there a husbandolabs? I need a male anime character

Zavha0mnic

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?
A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.
Is real Life a world? I mean like if all the characters don’t actually exist it’s not a fanfic?

Fromage

Peerless member
So I can't write a story about reestablishing the Ming Dynasty?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The stick on NU is $200 worth of advertisement.
More even.

@Alverost
Do rewrites count?
I was planning on rewriting one of my oldest novels from scratch... buuut...

If you've already posted the original story before on another website then it's not allowed. However, if you've never post the original story then it's fine.
Is real Life a world? I mean like if all the characters don’t actually exist it’s not a fanfic?
Depends on the context like for example,

So I can't write a story about reestablishing the Ming Dynasty?
I would allow this since it's part of the history genre. However, if you writing a storyu about the reestablishing of Hogwarts then it won't be allowed.

CL

Q: Can I post the story on Patreon to earn money from it during the contest? (Advanced chapters)

A: You can use advanced chapters. However, your story will solely be judged based on what you’ve posted on ScribbleHub!
I apologize for how stupid I sound saying this: this FAQ has been confusing me (and others). Do you mean we can publish the story on a Patreon or only the "advanced chapters" (what does that even mean?)?