Searching for a name for my fantasy world

LunaCampari

Hello everyone,

I am a new writer on Scribble Hub and right now, I am working on a larger fantasy story setting for my new story. However I run out of ideas about how I should call my world. I gave two of the important kingdoms the names: Mare (because it stands for the sea and tranquility) and Laurit (after a persistent stone variant).

For the world, I do not have a certain theme. It will be a transmigrating into a villainess kind of story with a certain twist and I am still in the progress of saving up chapters. So I would probably take your suggestions and create a poll once the name of the world becomes relevant to the story.

Important 'Elements' of the story include: Fire, Darkness and Light so should you have any ideas regarding them that would be wonderful. If you have any other suggestions that do not include these themes, I would still gladly welcome them. I just want to refrain from common fantasy names like Gaia.

Thanks for reading

Luna ♥

KrisVFX

God of Creation
Hello everyone,

I am a new writer on Scribble Hub and right now, I am working on a larger fantasy story setting for my new story. However I run out of ideas about how I should call my world. I gave two of the important kingdoms the names: Mare (because it stands for the sea and tranquility) and Laurit (after a persistent stone variant).

For the world, I do not have a certain theme. It will be a transmigrating into a villainess kind of story with a certain twist and I am still in the progress of saving up chapters. So I would probably take your suggestions and create a poll once the name of the world becomes relevant to the story.

Important 'Elements' of the story include: Fire, Darkness and Light so should you have any ideas regarding them that would be wonderful. If you have any other suggestions that do not include these themes, I would still gladly welcome them. I just want to refrain from common fantasy names like Gaia.

Thanks for reading

Luna ♥
You can use this site " https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com "
You can find there fantasy names about kingdoms, worlds, elves and so many more. Its a great place for new writers.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Keep the world naming consistent with the language origins of your kingdom's names. It is weird if you have a world named Gaia while the rest of the world naming scheme is based on Scandinavian origin.

LunaCampari

Keep the world naming consistent with the language origins of your kingdom's names. It is weird if you have a world named Gaia while the rest of the world naming scheme is based on Scandinavian origin.
The basic theme which I adhere to in my world is about stones and jewels. Every characters name is based on a jewel, Mare is so far the only exception becaue I couldn't find a fitting (and good sounding) jewel and stone. Other names include: Rubien (ruby), Saphiér (sapphire) and Emerald (well, emerald).

However I couldn't think of a good sounding name for the world so I thought I would make that the sevond exception.

LordJoyde

How about taking two latin words and combining them? Or just any other 2 words kekw

Bad example would be Saprald (sapphire + emerald)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading

Luna ♥
Milfheim

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Latin for sea. Laurite is German, apparently.
Fire, Darkness and Light
Latin for Sky is Caelum. Fire is Ignis/Flamma/Impes(Violence)/Fax(Torch), Darkness is Tenebris/Caligo(gloom)/Obscurum, Light is Lux/Lumen.

Lampades are a type of Underworld dwelling Nymph known for using mind and curse magic, and for carrying torches to guide the way. Thus, Fire and Darkness.

Erebus is the personification of Darkness. Nyx is the personification of Night, and Hemera is Day and also the daughter of the two. Since Hemera is both Day and the Daughter of Darkness, there might be a strong association with her and the themes of Light, Fire, and Darkness.

Stella is star/constellation/sun. That might be a good connection to Light.
The basic theme which I adhere to in my world is about stones and jewels
Although it's tempting to keep to a theme when making a world, I advise at least a few exceptions. It doesn't make sense for everyone in the world to sit around thinking, "Well, we should name everything the same way... For consistency, or something." It's not really a problem, obviously. But having the name of the entire world stand out as unusual can be- Let's call it fun.

If the world is mostly named after stone and gems, then name the world after something entirely different, like the sky, the sun, or the weather. Or really tie it together, I suppose. All stones and gems are found in the earth, so a name like... *cough cough* Gaia.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading

Luna ♥
The basic theme which I adhere to in my world is about stones and jewels. Every characters name is based on a jewel, Mare is so far the only exception becaue I couldn't find a fitting (and good sounding) jewel and stone. Other names include: Rubien (ruby), Saphiér (sapphire) and Emerald (well, emerald).

However I couldn't think of a good sounding name for the world so I thought I would make that the sevond exception.
Maybe something that links to stuff that burns, is dark and emits light but can become a jewel over time if left long enough?
Coal is a fuel whereas Jet is compressed coal to the point it becomes a jewel.
So, maybe something like:
Jettine
Coljette
Jecoale
Coali
Jet
Jetti

Or something else:
Coalashe
Jetash/Jettash
Ashjet
Asjet
Asjetoal

Or completely different:
Umbra
Shadki (short for maybe shadow-kissed, etc...)
Fidarli (fire dark light)
Rosta (kind of like being roasted, more of a joke)

Etc...

Sorry if none of this helped.
Good luck with your story!

*huggles you and shakes pompoms*

X

LunaCampari

How about taking two latin words and combining them? Or just any other 2 words kekw

Bad example would be Saprald (sapphire + emerald)
That sounds interesting, I will have to go through all these jewels again...
Hmm, thanks but I think the name is a little common and it doesn't really fit with the rest.
Latin for sea. Laurite is German, apparently.

Latin for Sky is Caelum. Fire is Ignis/Flamma/Impes(Violence)/Fax(Torch), Darkness is Tenebris/Caligo(gloom)/Obscurum, Light is Lux/Lumen.

Lampades are a type of Underworld dwelling Nymph known for using mind and curse magic, and for carrying torches to guide the way. Thus, Fire and Darkness.

Erebus is the personification of Darkness. Nyx is the personification of Night, and Hemera is Day and also the daughter of the two. Since Hemera is both Day and the Daughter of Darkness, there might be a strong association with her and the themes of Light, Fire, and Darkness.

Stella is star/constellation/sun. That might be a good connection to Light.

Although it's tempting to keep to a theme when making a world, I advise at least a few exceptions. It doesn't make sense for everyone in the world to sit around thinking, "Well, we should name everything the same way... For consistency, or something." It's not really a problem, obviously. But having the name of the entire world stand out as unusual can be- Let's call it fun.

If the world is mostly named after stone and gems, then name the world after something entirely different, like the sky, the sun, or the weather. Or really tie it together, I suppose. All stones and gems are found in the earth, so a name like... *cough cough* Gaia.
Thanks really for that answer. I will go through it slowly but my favorite right now is Caelum.

Also the reason why many of the nobles family names are consistent with the theme of jewels, is because it will be a game world. The Protaganist gets sucked into that game and these names are the setting of the game developers. I too don't want to be too consistent with the theme since this game is about to advance to become an original world.
Maybe something that links to stuff that burns, is dark and emits light but can become a jewel over time if left long enough?
Coal is a fuel whereas Jet is compressed coal to the point it becomes a jewel.
So, maybe something like:
Jettine
Coljette
Jecoale
Coali
Jet
Jetti

Or something else:
Coalashe
Jetash/Jettash
Ashjet
Asjet
Asjetoal

Or completely different:
Umbra
Shadki (short for maybe shadow-kissed, etc...)
Fidarli (fire dark light)
Rosta (kind of like being roasted, more of a joke)

Etc...

Sorry if none of this helped.
Good luck with your story!

*huggles you and shakes pompoms*

X
Woah! I really like Ashjet. That will definitively make it into the poll. :-))

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
You want a world that shines brightly as the day like the colors of the gemstones.

So you can start the name with Dia-, which means Day.

Then you can use the name of a goddess, the daughter of Gaia and mother of all.

Mash them together and you get

Diarhea

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
You want a world that shines brightly as the day like the colors of the gemstones.

Diarhea
Ah, yes. The Goddess of comfort.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

Diarhea
'-'

I can't tell if you meant that seriously, or as a joke...considering that that mash up would be very similar to what is excreted during stuff like bouts of illness, food poisoning, tummy aches, or irritable bowel syndrome.

>w<

X

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
That sounds interesting, I will have to go through all these jewels again...

Hmm, thanks but I think the name is a little common and it doesn't really fit with the rest.

Thanks really for that answer. I will go through it slowly but my favorite right now is Caelum.

Also the reason why many of the nobles family names are consistent with the theme of jewels, is because it will be a game world. The Protaganist gets sucked into that game and these names are the setting of the game developers. I too don't want to be too consistent with the theme since this game is about to advance to become an original world.

Woah! I really like Ashjet. That will definitively make it into the poll. :-))
Hoegaarden then

LunaCampari

'-'

I can't tell if you meant that seriously, or as a joke...considering that that mash up would be very similar to what is excreted during stuff like bouts of illness, food poisoning, tummy aches, or irritable bowel syndrome.

>w<

X
... Should I be honest? ...

I didn't notice and genuiely liked it :blob_hide:

... Let's mash up other words. :blob_sweat:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
... Should I be honest? ...

I didn't notice and genuiely liked it :blob_hide:

... Let's mash up other words. :blob_sweat:

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm dying, we were a 'r' away from greatness.

Dammit Nahrenne, why did you spill the beans?!

---
How about Diatheia?

She's the goddess who gives gems their sheen.

Like the world is imbued with the light of day

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
HAHAHAHAHA

---
How about Diatheia?

Ah, I knew I remembered reading something that was perfect for this scenario, but I couldn't remember where. Theia is perfect for this situation, but a little too niche to be remembered for anything else, lol.

LunaCampari

HAHAHAHAHA

---
How about Diatheia?

Just found your new response. Theia is really fitting but I will double check every world name sugesstion before I use it. Can't believe that slipped my mind...

My favorites right now are: Diatheia (because it is really fitting) and Caelum (because then I would have Mare and Caelum as Latin words and because it sounds nice). I will probably add these two to a reader poll since the name will only be important in the later chapters.

Thank you all for your ideas! :biggrin_s:(y)

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I used Krodoa. No meaning at all, I just thought of a crocodile.