Seasonal Food!!!!!

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
It's Christmas soon and I was wondering what it's like in your part of the world. What types of food do you have to celebrate the holiday (if you do so anyway). Do you have dinner (meal) traditions? In my country, we have what we call the Nochebuena. This tradition has Spanish origins and it translates to "The Good Night". It's basically a feast during Christmas Eve that looks like these:

Types of food vary per family but, most often than not, these are the staple dishes.

• spaghetti
  • barbecue
  • chicken
  • pancit (usually fried noodles)
  • lechon (whole pig cooked over charcoal)
  • lumpia (pork spring rolls if you wanna be fancy)
  • Jamón (hamon - dry cured ham)
  • fruit salad
  • And, of course, ice cream
    You don't really need a picture for that do you?

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting a dish but those are basically what I usually see in a Christmas Eve dinner. I went a bit overboard in this post since, originally, I was just planning to share one picture of a meal spread. However, I just had to share more.

Any traditional meals you want to share from your side of the world?

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
where i live shit just gets cheaper so if I have to guess maybe a pear

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Lutefisk. Originally from the Nordic countries, it has found itself in Minnesota, a northern state of the USA.

It's disgusting.

Last edited:

Rainli

Amazing pictures! And those table spreads look delicious.
May I ask though, what is in the fruit salad exactly that makes it look like a drink?

I'm quite the foodie myself, but every xmas tradition varies from eating out or eating at home (for my family at least) - But it's like a replay of Thanksgiving but without the turkey lol.

I come from an Asian family, so it's probably going to be the usual assortment of asian dishes - dim sum, roast pork/chicken, rice(a lot of rice), tea, etc.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
An assortment of fruits (usually pineapple, peach, grapes, apple, cherries), condensed milk, and all-purpose cream. Mix together then refrigerate. You could either choose to have it just chilled so it's somewhat juicy. Or, you could have it frozen and somewhat of an ice-cream delicacy.

tak

Idk... I think we just copy hollywood tropes?
For my family, it's just "yay everyone has holiday, we can catch up! Family gathering!" So it's the usual home-cooked meal variety, but more in quantity.
Before the family gathering time, it's porridge time coz i'm getting sick when it's cold. This is fine.jpg

maharlika

It's Christmas soon and I was wondering what it's like in your part of the world. What types of food do you have to celebrate the holiday (if you do so anyway). Do you have dinner (meal) traditions? In my country, we have what we call the Nochebuena. This tradition has Spanish origins and it translates to "The Good Night". It's basically a feast during Christmas Eve that looks like these:

Types of food vary per family but, most often than not, these are the staple dishes.

• spaghetti
  • barbecue
  • chicken
  • pancit (usually fried noodles)
  • lechon (whole pig cooked over charcoal)
  • lumpia (pork spring rolls if you wanna be fancy)
  • Jamón (hamon - dry cured ham)
  • fruit salad
  • And, of course, ice cream
    You don't really need a picture for that do you?

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting a dish but those are basically what I usually see in a Christmas Eve dinner. I went a bit overboard in this post since, originally, I was just planning to share one picture of a meal spread. However, I just had to share more.

Any traditional meals you want to share from your side of the world?
ahhhh i love it when it's nochebuena :love: unfortunately, i'm brokeeee