Self-help books?

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Yesterday, I went to a bookstore and a tag on one of the bookshelves piqued my interest. [Self-improvement] it said. And I picked up two books(both have the catchiest title imo) from there; [the answer by Allan & Barbara Pease] and [the subtle art of not giving a f*ck by Mark Manson]. I haven't bought one(self-help/improvement books) before, but I planned to buy one of two.

so, self-help books.
. . . Have you ever bought one(any kind)? If you did read and try it(implement it), does it works out for you?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
S
Yesterday, I went to a bookstore and a tag on one of the bookshelves piqued my interest. [Self-improvement] it said. And I picked up two books(both have the catchiest title imo) from there; [the answer by Allan & Barbara Pease] and [the subtle art of not giving a f*ck by Mark Manson]. I haven't bought one(self-help/improvement books) before, but I planned to buy one of two.

so, self-help books.
. . . Have you ever bought one(any kind)? If you did read and try it(implement it), does it works out for you?
Subtle art is good. I haven't heard of the other.

so, self-help books.
Just watch Jordan peterson all day

Attachments

• Exiting-Modernity.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 65
D

Deleted member 54065

so, self-help books.
Subtle art.

It's by reading that book that I formed my attitude towards my writing (not giving a fuck to anyone's opinion unless it's 'aligned' to my story goals).

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
i used to buy and read a lot of them.

my main gripe about most of them--they told me to work hard while i wanted to accomplish things by doing less--except if i genuinely wanna put something more.

i can't say that it doesn't work. i just have better options now.

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Seen that one before never bought it.

yes.

No, because no matter how much is read on self-help, its the actual doing It will get you somewhere. Especially with things you sorta know already, but you just don't really do them. That and while some may find useful, some found its not helpful - just quote experiences amd then you have to skim to find actual self improvement steps in book. Maybe there is one though- like excercises or those cbt etc.
ohh, thank you for sharing :blob_evil_two:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
To be perfectly honest what has really helped me was sitting down and reading the Bible.

As cheesy as it may seem I genuinely believe it helped me become a better person.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Haven't found a book about suiciding others so I do not yet have found a need for those