SHF High-school Fanfic

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
I had no idea that would be possible :sweating_profusely: I think my pain tolerance went down :blob_no: This Daikon had it too good lately and this are the results! I need to go back to my training arc routine (ง'̀-'́)ง
I’ll help~
*bites harder*
So cuuuute! :blob_melt:
*keeps tickling*
So Precious :blob_melt:
Haha~ hehehehe~
ehehehe~ s-s-s- ehehehe~
st-sto- ehehehe~ ahehehehaha~
:blob_happy:
In game he also yells some stuff in engrish (ofc no swearing) in JP dub :blob_happy: that one had me laughing actually when I saw it :blob_happy:
Meanwhile in CN he's calling people "cuties" and things "precious treasure" (in a rough translation) :blob_happy:
It’s quite interesting to see how each language censors things~

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
I’ll help~
*bites harder*
NYAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA~!!!
ouchie!!! ouchie!!! hurts! pain nyaaaa!
Haha~ hehehehe~
ehehehe~ s-s-s- ehehehe~
st-sto- ehehehe~ ahehehehaha~
Laughing Her Stabbyness, very cute :blob_evil_two: Very pretty :blob_evil_two:
It’s quite interesting to see how each language censors things~
It is :blob_uwu: That's why I have a much stronger preference for translations than localizations, even if things don't carry over well to the other language.

I remember waiting for a subbing groups to make subtitles for TV shows I was watching and there were many times when I had to pause the video and read translator's note regarding some reference or a joke. Did it break the flow? Maybe? But in exchange helped me learn the language and get the references in the future :blob_uwu:

MatchaChocolate69

Edible Bittersweet Edgelord, Rebel against Entropy
Don't! I must hunt for this cat myself. I've used process of elimination on the Eldritch Family, but this cat doesn't seem to be a part of it. :blob_hmm_two: It can only be from previous interactions too, since I don't see any cute cats gracing this thread that weren't already mentioned.

To toss in a wild guess, Nahrenne? She was a cat once, right? :sweat_smile:
You guessed it! :blob_party:
The only cat that can come close to your cuteness is Nahrenne. Especially since during the catapocalypse, she did a great job getting into character.:sweating_profusely:
Gamefreak needs to realize that their target audience have all grown-up at this point. Are children these days even interested in pokemon?
The success of Palworld confirms your words. Pokémon fans have all grown up, and for the younger ones, there are other more or less valid alternatives. Anyway, it's a problem for many IPs that have been on the market for a long time.
At some point Jumpchain basically becomes a mary sue self-insert fanfic. Imagine jumping to Dragon Ball Z, after the jump there, you can probably punch your way through the conflict of a bunch of settings. Most jumps also offer you stuff like unbreakable willpower and immunity to mind control for cheap. That's why people like to add restrictions or themes to their jumper, or simply avoid the more high-power jumps.

As for me...
*looks at my creative mode jumper unleashing the Light of Terra as a shipgirl on the Sirens in Azur Lane*
I don't particularly care about "balance".
Ah yes, I totally understand the appeal. There's nothing better than letting loose with ultra OP powers in easy mode. Although it might not be the most enjoyable read for anyone other than oneself, it's not much different from what I used to write when I started.
*thinks of the Light of Terra as a shipgirl* :blob_shock:
Well, that must be fun for sure! :sweat_smile:
I would not entrust my life to "pink mast" and "the more she shat" guy.
Sometimes he's a bit clumsy, actually often, but that's exactly why he's adorable. He's a bit like that grandpa who often speaks out of turn during family gatherings. His real flaws are laziness and unreliability. Although I don't feel like condemning him too much for the laziness.
Oh, I see, that makes a lot more sense.
My most vivid dreams are ones where I end up dying/getting heavily injured. I still remember the one where I got into a plane crash down to every last detail.... though at this point I know full well it's a dream subconsciously. I just wish I got the incredibly weird dreams I got in my childhood instead.
Some sensations seem so real that they shake you to your core and linger even when you're awake. I vaguely remember a dream I had as a child where I was being chased by wolves. I don't remember much, but I do remember that they talked. The unease has stayed with me in my memories.

Probably due to the nature of dreams, which are a way of organizing memories, a backup of the mind, or defragmentation, I tend to dream when I learn new things, get flooded with information, or when something new amazes me, like a book, a movie, or a person.
Yep, there's a little paid icon there somewhere. If they made the battle pass free they would be losing their main source of income. :blob_sweat:
It makes sense, and it's fair that they earn, although it might have been better to differentiate it with another currency. However, there are also advantages to having just one.
Nah, don't worry. At this point of the game it's not yet ingrained into you to read the passives. Skin Prophet is a Canto V boss, so at that point you probably have a feel for the game already. In fact, most veteran players don't bother reading until they get utterly destroyed in a boss fight.
I was obliterated by a crab in the mirror dungeon. I think it's time to put in a bit more effort and study weaknesses/resistances and mechanics better. I'll be watching a ton of tutorial videos.
I see, well not all enemies are a part of the story. Stuff like the frog and robot are from railway, which is a combat event that never got a rerun. If there's any solace, at least you don't have EGO gifts and max sanity when you normally encounter them,. so the fight could play out very differently.
Yes, the EGO Gifts add a twist to the experience, even though I'm not really a fan of these temporary bonuses, just like I'm not a fan of the simulated universe in HSR. However, objectively, it's one of the ways developers keep players engaged and give them something to do while waiting for new content.
3. Each of the bonuses is 250 Lunacy, you don't even have to complete them. As long as you claim rewards you get the full amount of Lunacy. Farming guides are mostly focused on building a team around an effect and buffing it to the point of absurdity using EGO gifts. And you can't really do that right now.

Great, then I'll focus on Lunacy and try to do at least three per week.
Good idea! You already could probably use the Time Progress Battle System to have the turn orders decided by speed. I'm not sure how you would implement the ults interrupting attacks feature though.

And if you want Darkest Dungeon, someone already did that in godot
You've already highlighted a potential issue: the instant ultimates, and I think that's no small problem. With that software, it's always like that. Most of the time is spent trying to figure out how to work around the limitations, only to ultimately fail miserably. The BS isn't really designed to operate beyond true and rigid turns. I've struggled with it quite a bit in the past.
And if you want Darkest Dungeon, someone already did that in godot
🤩
Woah!
I don't know whether to admire her or be worried for her. It looks like pure suffering.

MatchaChocolate69

I didn't notice this before. We really do think alike... Maybe we are actually related? :blob_hmm: I started working on little something but in UE5 a while ago too :blob_hide:
🤩
It's evident, my splendid sister, and in my heart, you already are.
I had forgotten about your many talents; it's true that you're also a skilled programmer. Unreal 5 is a spectacular engine... I wonder what's brewing. What did you have in mind?

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
🤩
It's evident, my splendid sister, and in my heart, you already are.
I had forgotten about your many talents; it's true that you're also a skilled programmer. Unreal 5 is a spectacular engine... I wonder what's brewing. What did you have in mind?
I wouldn't go that far with my programming skills (if any actual professional saw my code they would need therapy and a month-long vacation :sweating_profusely: ). But it's enough to do something, especially thanks to blueprints.

I was thinking of an action RPG, something Genshin style, since I don't think I have enough brain power to do all that's necessary for turn base combat. I thought it would be cool to be able to explore our SHHS in 3d :blob_evil_two: It's still a very very early, so I'm mostly trying to figure out all the basics, but I'm dreaming about making some really epic cool boss battles. Dark Souls style :blob_evil:

My biggest struggle are animations, because I suck at 3D animations and just simply don't like making them, so I'll probably buy some and use free ones with them :blob_hmm_two:

I wouldn't go that far with my programming skills (if any actual professional saw my code they would need therapy and a month-long vacation :sweating_profusely: ). But it's enough to do something, especially thanks to blueprints.

I was thinking of an action RPG, something Genshin style, since I don't think I have enough brain power to do all that's necessary for turn base combat. I thought it would be cool to be able to explore our SHHS in 3d :blob_evil_two: It's still a very very early, so I'm mostly trying to figure out all the basics, but I'm dreaming about making some really epic cool boss battles. Dark Souls style :blob_evil:

My biggest struggle are animations, because I suck at 3D animations and just simply don't like making them, so I'll probably buy some and use free ones with them :blob_hmm_two:
Just make everyone t-pose for their ultimate attack.

MatchaChocolate69

You are too modest, Ane-san! I wouldn't even know where to start! 🤩
My advice, which I myself struggle to follow, is to keep it simple. Features can always be added later, but the first thing to do is to create a technical demo, a concept of what the game is in its most basic form.
Sounds fantastic! I'm imagining exploring the classroom, talking with various students, and then going in and out of different clubs, including the pharmaceutical club where they prepare potions and drugs, or going to Azure's garden, or the Obituary. Then entering the Eldritch Family mansion with its dark secrets, interacting with the daikon zombies hopping everywhere... I can imagine the student council deliberating with Corty-tan sitting in the president's seat and her secretaries beside her, while Ellie and Prince argue...
Being pestered by Matcha who wants to give you chocolate, seeing a duck running around looking for bread everywhere...

It would be a fantastic and original adventure.

I'm not an expert, but from what I see in games like HSR, there are actually 3/4 models for females and 3/4 models for males. The textures barely change. If I were you, I'd limit it to a maximum of two models and recycle them to the extreme. There are probably already pre-made animation packages in the Dark Souls style available.