SHF High-school Fanfic

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
You are too modest, Ane-san! I wouldn't even know where to start! 🤩
My advice, which I myself struggle to follow, is to keep it simple. Features can always be added later, but the first thing to do is to create a technical demo, a concept of what the game is in its most basic form.
This is my weakness too :sweat_smile: I'm always telling myself I'm going to do something small, but at some point it will always bloat before I notice :sweating_profusely:

I'd love to make at least something short that everyone could play, so I'm definitely going to work towards that :blob_uwu:
Sounds fantastic! I'm imagining exploring the classroom, talking with various students, and then going in and out of different clubs, including the pharmaceutical club where they prepare potions and drugs, or going to Azure's garden, or the Obituary. Then entering the Eldritch Family mansion with its dark secrets, interacting with the daikon zombies hopping everywhere... I can imagine the student council deliberating with Corty-tan sitting in the president's seat and her secretaries beside her, while Ellie and Prince argue...
Being pestered by Matcha who wants to give you chocolate, seeing a duck running around looking for bread everywhere...

It would be a fantastic and original adventure.
Yesss! With the school being out of the ordinary and having it's weirdness to it that you can experience for yourself while exploring :blob_aww: Penacony gave me some ideas for an interesting level design that I want to replicate as well.

When I was coming up with ideas I was also daydreaming about adding some actual quests and missions to do around SHHS. Maybe even going Persona route and having classes that you would have to attend. Or even hiding secrets here and there :blob_happy:

For now though I want to focus on combat, because my grand idea is to actually give everyone unique moveset according to their abilities.
I'm not an expert, but from what I see in games like HSR, there are actually 3/4 models for females and 3/4 models for males. The textures barely change. If I were you, I'd limit it to a maximum of two models and recycle them to the extreme. There are probably already pre-made animation packages in the Dark Souls style available.
This is how every game I know does it. Usually you're going to have 1 or 2 or a couple of body types that will share certain animations (or all of them if we're talking NPCs). The models though aren't that much of an issue, because my plan is to utilize VRoid, since I want to keep it free and mostly just as a curio for friends.

I also have a bunch of other software that I bought long time ago, so it should make things easier.

And then I have my GF to rely on for music and sound effects (fortunately she agreed to help) :blob_happy:

MidnightFox

A Trickster that loves Puppets
You asked for My and Enigma's fox forms but you didn't show us your own, are you perhaps Shy?
1000016734.gif

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
You guessed it! :blob_party:
The only cat that can come close to your cuteness is Nahrenne. Especially since during the catapocalypse, she did a great job getting into character.:sweating_profusely:
Yay, I'm a cuter cat than Nahrenne :blob_uwu: , wait I am?! :blob_dizzy:
The success of Palworld confirms your words. Pokémon fans have all grown up, and for the younger ones, there are other more or less valid alternatives. Anyway, it's a problem for many IPs that have been on the market for a long time.
I don't expect them to go full palworld, but the newer games feel kind of soulless? Idk if it's just my bias towards 3d graphics but newer generations are sort of uninteresting. Though I heard they made shiny hunting and getting good IVs a lot easier, so at least good things came out of it.
Ah yes, I totally understand the appeal. There's nothing better than letting loose with ultra OP powers in easy mode. Although it might not be the most enjoyable read for anyone other than oneself, it's not much different from what I used to write when I started.
There's no way I'm letting anyone other than myself read what I've written for jumpchain anyways. That will be the death of me. Not to mention it's not really a full story and more like a summary of what my jumper does in the world before moving on.
*thinks of the Light of Terra as a shipgirl* :blob_shock:
Well, that must be fun for sure! :sweat_smile:
"Our shells will blot out the sun" in a literal sense. :blob_evil:
Sometimes he's a bit clumsy, actually often, but that's exactly why he's adorable. He's a bit like that grandpa who often speaks out of turn during family gatherings. His real flaws are laziness and unreliability. Although I don't feel like condemning him too much for the laziness.
If you condemn him for laziness you'd have to condemn me too. :sweat_smile:... and 90% of web writers, to be honest. At least it's not our job :sweating_profusely:
Some sensations seem so real that they shake you to your core and linger even when you're awake. I vaguely remember a dream I had as a child where I was being chased by wolves. I don't remember much, but I do remember that they talked. The unease has stayed with me in my memories.
Childhood dreams are built different, I still remember my encounter with the plastic bag monster and man-eating computer mice. Though due to how absurd they are I find them more scary than funny.
Probably due to the nature of dreams, which are a way of organizing memories, a backup of the mind, or defragmentation, I tend to dream when I learn new things, get flooded with information, or when something new amazes me, like a book, a movie, or a person.
I have no prior indication for when I dream, it just sort of happens. Unless I get a fever, then I can expect to have one that I'll forget as soon as I wake up (I have tried dream journaling but I forget the details shortly after I wake up)
It makes sense, and it's fair that they earn, although it might have been better to differentiate it with another currency. However, there are also advantages to having just one.
There used to be no functional difference from paid and free Lunacy other than the daily single pulls. Then they added the special announcers and then changed the battle pass from direct purchase to paid lunacy. I forgot the reason why though.
I was obliterated by a crab in the mirror dungeon. I think it's time to put in a bit more effort and study weaknesses/resistances and mechanics better. I'll be watching a ton of tutorial videos.
The crab is pain on higher floors since if you lose a single clash your entire team gets hit by an AOE. This season's mirror dungeon is nice because you have control over the boss. Though that requires you knowing what bosses are in the packs in the first place. You probably can't tell them through the silhouettes, but some are pretty straightforward. "To Be Cleaved/Crushed/Pierced" means all the enemies you face will be weak to that type of damage, for example.
Yes, the EGO Gifts add a twist to the experience, even though I'm not really a fan of these temporary bonuses, just like I'm not a fan of the simulated universe in HSR. However, objectively, it's one of the ways developers keep players engaged and give them something to do while waiting for new content.
I like the EGO gifts since they make status-focus teams actually viable(minus Charge and Poise, those are OP everywhere), if not for those people would be running whatever rolls the highest coins. You're incentivized to use different teams each run.
Great, then I'll focus on Lunacy and try to do at least three per week.
Yeah, you can do something like only running the dungeon until floor 2 and forfeiting. The rewards are BP levels which gives you shard crates, but I don't think you're too concerned about those right now.
You've already highlighted a potential issue: the instant ultimates, and I think that's no small problem. With that software, it's always like that. Most of the time is spent trying to figure out how to work around the limitations, only to ultimately fail miserably. The BS isn't really designed to operate beyond true and rigid turns. I've struggled with it quite a bit in the past.
I've seen interesting things done with it. One game had "domain effects" which either buffed the boss or added restrictions to you for lategame bosses. Another granted you skills for one specific fight that made you immune to strong attacks if you're able to read them. People can get pretty creative with what they have.

The best idea I have is making the ults instant attacks so it doesn't consume your turn. Though that still doesn't allow you to interrupt enemy turns. Well, best of luck, I hope you figure something out.

🤩
Woah!
I don't know whether to admire her or be worried for her. It looks like pure suffering.
The suffering the devs feel shall be inflicted on the players twofold :blob_evil:

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
She's really becoming Killer Queen!:blob_shock:
Soon I'll be making genetically modified sharks with dynamites and laser beams strapped on

ah yes a shipgirl...
A shipgirl that can crack a planet in half *insert Formidable weight jokes*

I wouldn't go that far with my programming skills (if any actual professional saw my code they would need therapy and a month-long vacation :sweating_profusely: ). But it's enough to do something, especially thanks to blueprints.

I was thinking of an action RPG, something Genshin style, since I don't think I have enough brain power to do all that's necessary for turn base combat. I thought it would be cool to be able to explore our SHHS in 3d :blob_evil_two: It's still a very very early, so I'm mostly trying to figure out all the basics, but I'm dreaming about making some really epic cool boss battles. Dark Souls style :blob_evil:
If you ever get around to it, can I be the tutorial boss like Soldier of Godrick? :blob_aww: with a very specific sequence of actions to activate my final form on NG+

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
Can I be the little guy that upgrades limbs? :blob_aww:
I can slowly become bigger with every upgrade and than try to kill the player for their limbs!
Oh that's a good idea :blob_evil_two:
I have successfully become cannon fodder. That's my evil deed for the day done! :blob_uwu:
*Is planning to make her super OP secret final boss of the game* :blob_evil:
if you find a quagma, there's a small chance you'll be teleported somewhere random. usually they'll just tell you about the area or other points of interest. or whatever, we're not the boss.
And beri cute :blob_uwu:

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
This Daikon has become weakling again :blob_no: I was spoiled too much!
Must resist pain (ง'̀-'́)ง
*Tries to resist pain very very much*
:blob_pout:
Hmm~
*stabs repeatedly with hair*
H-hey!! Why are you taking pictures??
if you find a quagma, there's a small chance you'll be teleported somewhere random. usually they'll just tell you about the area or other points of interest. or whatever, we're not the boss.
*finds a quagma*
Hello~