Sick and tired of haRIZZment

Sleepy_Kid

(Warning: curses)
So I’ve been reading some Wuxia and the like and Jesus fuck man the MCs have close to no rizz at all except some few and they just sexually harass the FMCS and then magically they FMC falls in love with the MC but when some random does it to another random, it’s finally considered sexual harassment. Then the MC would save the female random and then be a hypocritical ass

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So I’ve been reading some Wuxia and the like and Jesus fuck man the MCs have close to no rizz at all except some few and they just sexually harass the FMCS and then magically they FMC falls in love with the MC but when some random does it to another random, it’s finally considered sexual harassment. Then the MC would save the female random and then be a hypocritical ass
Welcome to the chinese written/ themed works world.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
So true! There is Unintended Cultivator which is that rare exception if you are looking for something. He has genuine rizz and zero harassment.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Examples? In my recollection, I think I missed the harassment part. I read a few, and I mostly remember that the MCs having a fated lover who was then taken away by family, becoming the plot to get stronger and marry her. Too many times to count in fact.

Then later on meeting with cold, jade beauties who looked down on them until, after a fight or adventure, they opened up. Or admirers trying to suck up to them, female friends wanting to join the harem.

My only memory that may be what you mean is that the sex usually happened when one of them was poisoned by an aphrodisiac or something. Because otherwise, they would have been too much of a beta to make a move.

Don’t get me wrong, the love stories in them are as engaging as a wet cardboard cutout left out in the rain, but I don’t think looking at someone beautiful and checking her out counts as sexual harassment. It's not set in the US anyway so you can talk to girls without being threatened by a lawsuit if you are not their type.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
What is this rizz that you speak of? How is it procured? What unit of measurement do you employ to calculate rizz? Is there a rizzometer?
It's not set in the US anyway so you can talk to girls without being threatened by a lawsuit if you are not their type.
Yes. It is England where looking at a woman is considered harassment and punishable by jail time.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
this why i gotta write my own shit, cuz MCs out there have all the seductive charm of a fucking box of dusty old hammers. Its hard to find a MC who actually knows how to talk a woman into their bed. Or hell, even know when they want them to. Could have a neon sign saying "Pull my hair and pound my ass" and they still wouldn't know what the women want. Then you got MCs who are just annoying cunts, bending over backwards to try and pull a heroine into the heroine just because they're prettier than the average thot.

Like is it too much to ask for some fucking self-respect? Why they gotta focus on ONE BITCH when there is a whole world full of milfs out there? ffs its pathetic

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Pbr5W8H.png

Temple

That's just another side of the same wish-fulfilment coin. On the "webnovely" side, the MC should probably be in jail, but gets the women.
On the "wattpady" side, the female MC is chased by a guy who should probably be in jail, but his actions are considered romantic instead of creepy or even abusive.
I only realized now how related these are.

Sleepy_Kid

Kek kek. Glad to see some agreement here. TBH I was prepared to get full on railed in the ass.
For those asking for an example, [Keyboard Immortal] is one. Though the rizz is ass, I kinda like the story. [WDDG] is another, except the story is complete ass

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Its not Wuxia, if the MC has rizz and bangs the FMC in like 5 pages but then again, there are exceptions like My Wife Is Actually The Empress?!

MC and the FMC are really married here. However... Even Murim/Jianghu suffers from this as well and its even worse in JP Mangas. Dude confesses to the girl after 100 pages and takes another 50 pages just to kiss.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
So glad literature doesn't reflect reality in this case. Otherwise to be considered Chinese would mean to be more arrogant than the French, curse more than the American, whore around more than a tourist in Thailand, and get into more fights than an Irish on a pub spree... Let's hope it takes long enough for Generation Cult-evasion to grow up that they grow out of it...

its even worse in JP Mangas. Dude confesses to the girl after 100 pages and takes another 50 pages just to kiss.
Better than the ones that had 160 different girls for MCs harem girls by page 150. Unless it's 50 pages of will-they-won't-they, then the author can go to hell.