Slay the Dragon Vs Lay the Dragon

Peter3135566

so the premise is this:
clishe isekai fantasy world where nations of diffrent groups nationalitys and population makeup grew in peace while over the last mellenia or two since stuff like paper making and bothering to write down history and teach stuff you discoverd to others, civilazation have been slowly pushing back the wild mana forests populated by monsters that will eat enything alive and some even things that are not. suddenly, for unknown reason, all of 'demon' race leave all the diffrent nations and band togeder under a Unkown DEMON LORD / LEADER that declared war on all reasons for unknown reason, but is only known about based on rumors and storys heard from survivors of ordinery or elite demon attacks on the adges of the ever growing demon controlld land. evy appearnce of demon lord on battlefield is onkown, probebly the romurd cases of attacks with obsulutly no survivors. (this is intentional and should be explaind in late stage story as to why, go have fun with the reason)...

before that, civilazation only ever had conflicts with mana mutated monsters, so they dont realy know how to deal with and respond when they are suddenly attackd by a orgenized invasion of sentiants... LUCKLY, the HERO appeard!!!

hero adventure ensures, saving ppl collecting companions perhaps spreading usfull knowlage, then it a certen event is reachd - a high paying job to help with a trading pass betwheen several cities where a dragon is hunting recently, scaring away both merchens and farmers alike...

here the world is revlead to be infact 2 subtly diffrent but nearly and might as well be idenical world, say LAYER A and LAYER B. (ether chapter of this then chapter of that, or ech chapter is half A and half B, or whatever comes to mind)

in LAYER A the HERO and his party succsesfully Slays the dragon, probebly gaining dragon related eqwipment and lots of money and fame to help them along the story, resulting in things going in some direction.

in LAYER B the HERO who dident realize hes not a dnd bard, insted LAYS with the DragoNESS, resulting in her ether helping him along, possbly telling him importent info, mabe even joining the party? up to the author realy.

after that point, we can see how depending if the HERO choose path a or path b, in both the story progresses 'for the better', but in diffrent directions, leading to hero traveling to diffrent places saving diffrent ppl and ending in diffrent outcomes, not nesseserly better one then the other, just... diffrent?

have fun

and sorry for being long :P

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
The hero who "slays" the dragonESS with his "sword" is better.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Rather than read the message describing what this thread is about, I'm going to guess its meaning.
Clearly, Peter is debating whether or not killing a dragon or boinking it is the superior strategy.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Rather than read the message describing what this thread is about, I'm going to guess its meaning.
Clearly, Peter is debating whether or not killing a dragon or boinking it is the superior strategy.
If we're talking about realistic people and their behaviors, slaying is the only choice. Boinking only make sense in anime/stories where people don't behave realistically and rather only behave ideally.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
If we are to believe that murder, no matter whom it is inflicted on is a 'bad' act, even if done for the sake of 'good' against a dragon, then engaging in coitus with said dragon in order to bring forth peace is the best option.
This is the basis of a thesis of mine; Dragon Slaying vs Dragon Laying; A Guided Course On Economics, Ethics, Morality, And Interspecies Sexual Intercourse
I am the Hero Foxalot, and my goal is to be the greatest Dragon Layer there ever was.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
If we're talking about realistic people and their behaviors, slaying is the only choice. Boinking only make sense in anime/stories where people don't behave realistically and rather only behave ideally.
True. Dragons are little more than a blights upon worlds, unless they are Chinese dragons. Killing them off is the only sound course of action.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I feel like the stories are going to be so different from each other at one point that it's better off to make 2 separate novels instead
True. Dragons are little more than a blights upon worlds, unless they are Chinese dragons. Killing them off is the only sound course of action.
I agree. Who in their right mind would call over-sized snakes with chicken legs 'dragons'?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I feel like the stories are going to be so different from each other at one point that it's better off to make 2 separate novels instead

I agree. Who in their right mind would call over-sized snakes with chicken legs 'dragons'?
seriously. Dragons became such cucks recently. They're supposed to represent unmatched power and bravery, but they're just used to show how much more powerful protags are. Smh really just reducing them to lizards with wings

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
seriously. Dragons became such cucks recently. They're supposed to represent unmatched power and bravery, but they're just used to show how much more powerful protags are. Smh really just reducing them to lizards with wings
Well, chinese dragons are (sometimes) treated as actual powerful being. But I refuse to call them dragons since they are just flying snakes with chicken legs

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Lay, b/c it's more fun that way. Spread the love, not the murder.