Solo leveling hot takes

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
This is an easy answer. But you know what? Maybe people will disagree with me, but it's mostly because of the art, rather than actual designs. I would say Baki has good designs. Not the best, but really good. And it's comparable to Solo Leveling, in a sense that Baki does not have over the top designs, nor will you find million of unnecessary details. Character designs in Baki are very simple, and they are a lot better than in Solo Leveling. They are stylish, some characters can tell who they are with their looks alone, and so on.
I don't like this one and jojo in term of chara design or art style. I don't know, I just can't look at them...

SailusGebel

I don't like this one and jojo in term of chara design or art style. I don't know, I just can't look at them...
That's mostly art. You have no problems with designs of Tian Kui, Zhui Ri, or Shi Xing from Feng Shen Ji, right?

Sleds

That's mostly art. You have no problems with designs of Tian Kui, Zhui Ri, or Shi Xing from Feng Shen Ji, right?
They are not the ones I prefer, but they fine? I think. I see them as pure strength monster/berserker not as human being like in baki or jojo

SailusGebel

They are not the ones I prefer, but they fine? I think. I see them as pure strength monster/berserker not as human being like in baki or jojo

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Is solo leveling the thing that created the ‘dungeons invade earth’ trend? If so than I can confidently say it’s a mistake. The worst thing to happen to Korea since 1953

Words alone cannot describe how unimaginative and boring this troupe is. It’s like they took isekai which is already boring and removed all of the opportunities for interesting world building. Keep in mind I’ve hardly read this awful genre, but from what I seen there is exactly 1 realistic end scenario to these stories, and it’s mutually assured nuclear Armageddon. In a such a fragile world less than a minute from midnight such a disturbance is gonna be decided by a guy in a suit behind a big red button, not some Korean kid.

Last edited:

Sleds

Is solo leveling the thing that created the ‘dungeons invade earth’ trend? If so than I can confidently say it’s a mistake. The worst thing to happen to Korea since 1953

Words alone cannot describe how unimaginative and boring this troupe is. It’s like they took isekai which is already boring and removed all of the opportunities for interesting world building. Keep in mind I’ve hardly read this awful genre, but from what I seen there is exactly 1 realistic end scenario to these stories, and it’s mutually assured nuclear Armageddon. In a such a fragile world less than a minute from midnight such a disturbance is gonna be decided by a guy in a suit behind a big red button, not some Korean kid.
No, it isn't solo leveling who started it. And the genre have somme good novel too, while the genre by itself are not really my taste, Seoul station necromancer was good.

prognastat

I don't think I have any hot takes except for anyone that thinks Solo Leveling is the best thing since sliced bread. As for the manhwa, I enjoyed it. The art is quite enjoyable. The story is very cliche and average until the end at which point it becomes a complete trash fire. Some people say the ending was less botched in the novel rather than the manhwa, but honestly without the art if I had to read the story anywhere close to the manhwa I'd have better things to do in my life.

I would say disregarding the ending it's almost perfect for what it wants to be. For those looking for something not too serious to simply enjoy the power fantasy, hot manhwa waifus with pretty good art for a manhwa it's perfect. That's why it is so successful. It's like how McDonald's makes more money than any steakhouse ever will. Doesn't mean McDonald's is higher quality/better than a quality steakhouse, but it's perfect for what it's aiming to be.

People that think it's actually some amazing great story that deserves to be seen as one of the best need their heads inspected though.

P.R.S

I love how one question made all of this but somehow no one actually answered it (Atleast most of the comments)

prognastat

I love how one question made all of this but somehow no one actually answered it (Atleast most of the comments)
I don't think Solo Leveling is something that allows for many hot takes that are still somewhat reasonable. I think saying the art is bad is maybe a hot take as most people agree that it's at least above average for its medium. However most people are in agreement that it's a cliche story with good art that is fun, but nothing deeper than that.

Another hot take might actually be seeing some kind of deep themes to its story, but honestly I think that veers more into the delusional territory than being a hot take.

Verdante

Having good art isn’t enough to make me want to sit through the whole story. If I want to read/watch about a badass mc in dungeons, I’d much rather reread/rewatch The King’s Avatar

HungrySheep

I like yuri
It was alright at the start but the story quickly loses all tension as you already know the outcome of every event. I'd say more, but it's omega spoiler territory.