Solo leveling hot takes

P.R.S

I was wondering what people/audience in general are thinking about the solo leveling anime and other medias (Like the game, novel or the mawnha)
Any good hot takes on then?

Glitched

Moth Mommy
In general, people thinks the drawing are good and sung jin woo are badass. That all. And it's sufficent for most of the audience.
Exactly. Art plus badass Jin woo go brrr. Sure its inflated, but still good.
I read the manhwa and loved it. I think my interest was more because of his system and necromancy powers. Although I did not like the ending.
Ending felt rushed tbh. Not the worst, but definitely rushed. I feel like the epilogue chapters make up for it tho.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Why? And the anime or the manhwa? I mean its a power fantasy for sure, but its a fun read if you're just looking to relax .
All.

But I generally dislike Korean stories. Their influence on the genre and their mania with litrpg, grinding and turning bland tropes into even worse ones, made me automatically avoid everything that is coming from them.

I think the only Korean story I ever enjoyed was Gluttony. (second coming of gluttony? I don't remember the full title) but I was still frustrated with many aspects of it.

Solo leveling was something I dropped very quickly as I simply had enough of their stories to know I wouldn't like it.

Also:

I dislike litrpgs. Here is what I think of them to make this an even hotter take:

• Systems are useless
  • People overcomplicate their system and then find themselves falling from one hole into another.
  • Half of the chapters are stats. The system is nothing more than a glorified word count extension for that sweet mulah.
  • A game system makes sense in a game because it is there for balance reasons, for you to interact with, etc. In a story, it is as useless as Air Jordans for a quadruple amputee.
  • Systems are being used by people to wave away everything and/or introduce something without the need to think about it and explain it in-lore.
  • They are a chore to keep up with. I am here to read a story and not to look up excel spreadsheets every time I open up a new chapter. And as I said, they usually fucking useless because the author needs to keep track of a bajillion skills and stats, how they interact with each other, how will it make sense, what are the stats of the other characters, enemies, etc. Do they do that? No. So it is fucking useless because everything can be explained without the system anyway. It just there because its the trend now.
That's it in short.

GreenBlue17

Exactly. Art plus badass Jin woo go brrr. Sure its inflated, but still good.

Ending felt rushed tbh. Not the worst, but definitely rushed. I feel like the epilogue chapters make up for it tho.
Ending was rushed in the manhwa. You should read it's novel after 100 chapter for details. Manhwa omitted many things in the last chapters.

Corty

I remember when Koreans produced things like King of Hell; that was the shit.

Now they do nothing but farm mobs even in their stories and try to push that only money matters and only money give you power and if you are poor fuck and can't spend in your VRMMO3DFUCKLANDSUPERFANTASY, then you are trash, 3rd citizen and go die in a hole.

I am an anti manwha person.

PlatDragon

All.

But I generally dislike Korean stories. Their influence on the genre and their mania with litrpg, grinding and turning bland tropes into even worse ones, made me automatically avoid everything that is coming from them.

I think the only Korean story I ever enjoyed was Gluttony. (second coming of gluttony? I don't remember the full title) but I was still frustrated with many aspects of it.

Solo leveling was something I dropped very quickly as I simply had enough of their stories to know I wouldn't like it.

Also:

I dislike litrpgs. Here is what I think of them to make this an even hotter take:

• Systems are useless
  • People overcomplicate their system and then find themselves falling from one hole into another.
  • Half of the chapters are stats. The system is nothing more than a glorified word count extension for that sweet mulah.
  • A game system makes sense in a game because it is there for balance reasons, for you to interact with, etc. In a story, it is as useless as Air Jordans for a quadruple amputee.
  • Systems are being used by people to wave away everything and/or introduce something without the need to think about it and explain it in-lore.
  • They are a chore to keep up with. I am here to read a story and not to look up excel spreadsheets every time I open up a new chapter. And as I said, they usually fucking useless because the author needs to keep track of a bajillion skills and stats, how they interact with each other, how will it make sense, what are the stats of the other characters, enemies, etc. Do they do that? No. So it is fucking useless because everything can be explained without the system anyway. It just there because its the trend now.
That's it in short.
Kidnapped Dragons is a pretty good korean novel though (part of the five novels on my list with a 10/10 lmao. Read it if you feel like it, need to prepare some tissues though, be it out of wholesomeness or getting your heart ripped out. That said, I do notice that a lot of the korean novels I read are actually in the mid range of 6-7.5/10 with only a few reaching 8.5. I think korean novels are pretty good if you want something good enough to spend your time reading since they have wayy too many writing competition so you could just pick one of the winners lmao. The part about litrpgs I don't exactly agree with but I definitely hate system novels (mcs with systems) since it's just a cheap method to make sure your mc always stay on top in any situation. Like man, just give them one simple cheat if you really want to and it's good enough.

Oh yea Solo Levelling? Read both the manhwa and the novel and the only good thing about the former is the art (which is pretty stale at times since they have a very basic style) while the latter is ehh... 4.5/10 probably. Haven't read the sequel but from the few chapters I read it's not that interesting so I dropped it.

Corty

one simple cheat if you really want to and it's good enough.
Yup, that method is completly fine. It is okay to be op, have a special skill. I dislike how the trend moved to now having stats.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I remember when Koreans produced things like King of Hell; that was the shit.

Now they do nothing but farm mobs even in their stories and try to push that only money matters and only money give you power and if you are poor fuck and can't spend in your VRMMO3DFUCKLANDSUPERFANTASY, then you are trash, 3rd citizen and go die in a hole.

I am an anti manwha person.
Some are still okay, The second coming of gluttony, Tower of god, Overgeared, Omniscient Reader, The Novel Extra, Witch Hunter, Noblesse or even Trash of the Count's Family

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Some are still okay, The second coming of gluttony, Tower of god, Overgeared, Omniscient Reader, The Novel Extra, Witch Hunter, Noblesse or even Trash of the Count's Family
Were all of them from Korea? I thought some came from other Asian countries but whatever.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Were all of them from Korea? I thought some came from other Asian countries but whatever.
They are all Korean novel/manwha/anime. Witch hunter look a lot like a japanese manga.

UberNuber

I dislike it when MC's are given systems/golden fingers which make it impossible to not be super powerful, then they act aloof and arrogant.

Most of the time the character was literally a loser before the 'cheat' and barely able to survive on their own merits.