story idea: "reincarnated as a fucking amoeba"

phaeous

The Semanticist

dying
"Cough... no matter what, rather than this disappointing life, let me be isekai'd!!!"
becomes amoeba
"FUCKK!!!!!!"
_
fighting his short lifespan, countless unresolvable dangers, he must pacman his way -> humanoidism!!
_
dreaming about oni onna & beautiful adventure
"Ameoba-sama! Ameoba-sama!"

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't think amoebas fuck.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Technically, yer immortal. You keep splitting, therefore, you never die. I mean, it is possible there is a blue-green alge on this planet that has been here since about the same time life began. If you have a human mind in an amoeba, every time you split, there's now two of you, but from that point on you have separate life experiences. In fact... that's fuckin' terrifying.

phaeous

The Semanticist
Technically, yer immortal. You keep splitting, therefore, you never die. I mean, it is possible there is a blue-green alge on this planet that has been here since about the same time life began. If you have a human mind in an amoeba, every time you split, there's now two of you, but from that point on you have separate life experiences. In fact... that's fuckin' terrifying.
Damn...

But maybe a Consciousness` would pose a burden, or pressure, so mandatory splitting at set times would be required, & if you don't secure enough nutrient excess pressure causes dissolution.

Also, Recombination or Assimilation would be interesting, while undesirable traited units could be built up in alternate personas or taskmasters, & become hunters who pursue specific goals they're more suited at or that possess huge danger, while after success the acquired treasure-mutagen can be assimilated at the cost o dissolution

(also, in a superevolved world, maybe amoeba have more predators & challenges)

I also read

Nutrient Acquisition and Digestion
Amoebas food by capturing their prey with their pseudopodia (strand or blob tentacles & ventrcalia). The food is internalized through a type of endocytosis known as phagocytosis. In this process, the pseudopodia surround and engulf a bacterium or other food source. A food vacuole forms around the food particle as it is internalized by the amoeba. Organelles known as lysosomes fuse with the vacuole releasing digestive enzymes inside the vacuole. Nutrients are obtained as the enzymes digest the food inside the vacuole. Once the meal is complete, the food vacuole dissolves.

Reproduction
Amoebas reproduce by the asexual process of binary fission. In binary fission, a single cell divides forming two identical cells. This type of reproduction happens as a result of mitosis. In mitosis, replicated DNA and organelles are divided between two daughter cells. These cells are genetically identical.

Some amoeba also reproduce by multiple fission. In multiple fission, the amoeba secretes a three-layered wall of cells that harden around its body. This layer, known as a cyst, protects the amoeba when conditions become harsh. Protected in the cyst, the nucleus divides several times. This nuclear division is followed by the division of the cytoplasm for the same number of times. The result of multiple fission is the production of several daughter cells that are released once conditions become favorable again and the cyst ruptures. In some cases, amoebas also reproduce by producing spores.

Parasitic Amoebas
Some amoeba are parasitic and cause serious illness and even death in humans. Entamoeba histolytica cause amebiasis, a condition resulting in diarrhea and stomach pain. These microbes also cause amebic dysentery, a severe form of amebiasis. Entamoeba histolytica travel through the digestive system and inhabit the large intestines. In rare cases, they can enter the bloodstream and infect the liver or brain.

Another type of amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, causes the brain disease amoebic meningoencephalitis. Also known as brain-eating amoeba, these organisms typically inhabit warm lakes, ponds, soil, and untreated pools. If N. fowleri enter the body though the nose, they can travel to the frontal lobe of the brain and cause a serious infection. The microbes feed on brain matter by releasing enzymes that dissolve brain tissue. N. fowleri infection in humans is rare but most often fatal.

Acanthamoeba cause the disease Acanthamoeba keratitis. This disease results from an infection of the cornea of the eye. Acanthamoeba keratitis can cause eye pain, vision problems, and may result in blindness if left untreated
I don't think amoebas fuck.
If amoeba could fuck, then an amoebasperm would produce a truly distinct organism that inherits microgenesis
Ah, & hiz oni-daughter will be named pretentious-chan
they don't have eggo, so she can only get the sense o being bullied inexplicably everytime-he-calls-her

then she'll become frustrated & engage in angry roleplaying against vile creatures who each has her dada's hypocritical annoying smile

Last edited:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Not only is he reincarnated as an amoeba, he's reincarnated as an amoeba fucker.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
none of you ever played spore, huh?

Sterr

amoeba do fuck

Here are some stories that have a similar concept:
Surface Tension (James Blish) - it's about a version of humanity which is essentially sentient amoeba, due to a colony ship crashing on a planet that hasn't evolved multicellular life and deciding to establish a colony by engineering a microscopic form of humanity
Flux (Stephen Baxter) - follows a modified version of humanity that lives in a neutron star; due to the immense pressure of the neutron star they're submicroscopic
Blood Music (Greg Bear) - haven't read it yet, I think it has something to do with artificially created sentient cells turning humans into goo in the process of trying to "help"
Dragon's Egg (Robert Forward) - similar to Flux, but in this case the neutron star dwellers are aliens; it's a first contact story
Humans are a Hivemind - surprisingly good first contact story in a universe where multicellular life is apparently only found on Earth

I was thinking of writing something like this, but I'm not really sure what the central conflict would be. Maybe a first contact story with an isekai'd human trying to figure out how to explain to both species that the other actually exists? IDK

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
I can't remember the name but there's a story like that about the worlds first living thing. a single celled organism