Story not showing up. Tried to search on forum without any luck.

Wulfos

Alright so. I decided to make another story. I know it takes a bit for it to get basically aproved. But id like to know how long that takes.
Also do i need to post another chapter for the new story to show up in the latest updates? Thanks for the reply guys.

Monk_Origins

New stories needs to be confirmed by mod to make sure there are no problems. It can take up to 8 hours depending on your luck for the story to show up. Latest I have heard is 12 hours...
And no, you don't have to post another chapter for it show up in latest updates, but personally, I would recommend you to post at least 3 chapter(or 5k words) as soon as you can since readers tend not to read new stories with single chapter to its name.

Wulfos

New stories needs to be confirmed by mod to make sure there are no problems. It can take up to 8 hours depending on your luck for the story to show up. Latest I have heard is 12 hours...
And no, you don't have to post another chapter for it show up in latest updates, but personally, I would recommend you to post at least 3 chapter(or 5k words) as soon as you can since readers tend not to read new stories with single chapter to its name.
Thanks for telling me all the info and nice tip. Currently it has only 2,7k or so words. But i will easily release some more chapters tomorrow. I am not really in a rush. I just wanted to know. And i like feedback to my story. Anyways thanks.

Monk_Origins

Thanks for telling me all the info and nice tip. Currently it has only 2,7k or so words. But i will easily release some more chapters tomorrow. I am not really in a rush. I just wanted to know. And i like feedback to my story. Anyways thanks.
Up to you, but the short period where your story is at the top of the "new stories" list can make or break the story until you get to top 10 of trending, which can be somewhat hard. You can get at little as 5 readers or as high as 100 in the short period you will be there...
Anyways, all the luck to you.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Jesus christ its like every new author and their mother has to ask this question each time they first post a story here. Forget a FAQ, Tony needs to put a notice up on the website itself. In big bold letters somewhere saying "THE STORY TAKES TIME TO SHOW UP, CALM YOUR TITS"

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Jesus christ its like every new author and their mother has to ask this question each time they first post a story here. Forget a FAQ, Tony needs to put a notice up on the website itself. In big bold letters somewhere saying "THE STORY TAKES TIME TO SHOW UP, CALM YOUR TITS"
Being authors and all, some of us REALLY don't know how to read, huh.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Being authors and all, some of us REALLY don't know how to read, huh.
You guys wanna multiquote and post these on every new similar threads?

BenJepheneT

You guys wanna multiquote and post these on every new similar threads?
No, because I sincerely hope there'd be no more posts like this in the future. Call me hopeless, but if there's any optimism I want to cash towards, I'd put it here. I'm setting myself up, but at least the disappointment will be funny

BenJepheneT

Hahah...ben, i dont read. I skim the title and form my.response immediately.
gigachad.jpg

Wulfos

Im glad people have fun. :D In case nobody read the title and the text in the first post... i just wanted to say that i tried to look up the same issue in the forum... only for the search to go really wonky and show up some ridiculous results. Nothing close to even story not showing... etc.

And also i just wanted to know how long it takes and if i have to post another chapter to show up in the latest updates. I knew too well that my story wont show up imediately. I just wanted to know how long it takes. Admitedly i coulda tried reading FAQ but i forgot that even exist.