Sudden Urge to Listen to Old Music

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
You ever get a sudden, inexplicable urge to listen to old songs you usually never listen to?

All day, I've been wanting to just blast Mr. Blue Sky, and then later Scarborough Fair. Finally got around to it, and it was so satisfying. Great songs too. For reference, I haven't listened to like either song really in a long ass time, and i usually listen to metal and rock.

Anyway, share your experiences I guess, and give me some good older songs to blast till I go deaf.

Jemini

Oh dear child. You are currently talking to someone who has their car radio permanently tuned to a classic rock station. Lol.

More serious though...

Paint it black.
Message in a bottle.
Stairway to Heaven.
Bohemian Rapsphody.
Another Brick in the Wall.
The Final Countdown

And that's just the S-tier songs I can come up with off the top of my head.

Think I will leave it at that for the moment. Let some other people suggest some stuff (so that I can save brain power and not have to think too hard riffling through my mental library.)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You ever get a sudden, inexplicable urge to listen to old songs you usually never listen to?

All day, I've been wanting to just blast Mr. Blue Sky, and then later Scarborough Fair. Finally got around to it, and it was so satisfying. Great songs too. For reference, I haven't listened to like either song really in a long ass time, and i usually listen to metal and rock.

Anyway, share your experiences I guess, and give me some good older songs to blast till I go deaf.
My man. You have no idea what you've unleashed.
Ahem:
The Everly Brother, All I have to do is dream
The Zombies, She's not there
The Box Tops, The Letter
Hermans Hermits, Dandy
Dion, The Wonderer
Bobby Goldsboro, Honey
Engelbert Humperdinck, Quando
ABBA, Fernando
The Searchers, Sugar and Spice
Skip and Flip, Cherry Pie
Brenton Wood, Oogum Boogum
Gerry Lewis and the Playboys, Save your heart for me + She's just my style
Otis Redding, Sittin on the dock of the bay
Dust Springfield, Wishin and hopin
Buddy Holly, Everyday
Peter and Gordon, I go to pieces

DarkeReises

Oh dear child. You are currently talking to someone who has their car radio permanently tuned to a classic rock station. Lol.

More serious though...

Paint it black.
Message in a bottle.
Stairway to Heaven.
Bohemian Rapsphody.
The Final Countdown

Think I will leave it at that for the moment. Let some other people suggest some stuff (so that I can save brain power and not have to think too hard riffling through my mental library.)
Message in a bottle, stairway to heaven, another brick in the wall, the final countdown are def my favs of those. I honestly can't put Paint it black to a tune, probably heard it but never knew the name. I don't like Bohemian Rhapsody that much.
My man. You have no idea what youve.unleashed ahem:
The Everly Brother, All I have to do is dream
The Zombies, She's not there
The Box Tops, The Letter
Hermans Hermits, Dandy
Dion, The Wonderer
Bobby Goldsboro, Honey
Engelbert Humperdinck, Quando
ABBA, Fernando
The Searchers, Sugar and Spice
Skip and Flip, Cherry Pie
Brenton Wood, Oogum Boogum
Gerry Lewis and the Playboys, Save your heart for me + She's just my style
Otis Redding, Sittin on the dock of the bay
Dust Springfield, Wishin and hopin
Buddy Holly, Everyday
Peter and Gordon, I go to pieces
oh god

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Message in a bottle, stairway to heaven, another brick in the wall, the final countdown are def my favs of those. I honestly can't put Paint it black to a tune, probably heard it but never knew the name. I don't like Bohemian Rhapsody that much.

oh god
And I know a fuck ton more metal and rock songs, too. This has barely scratched the surface of my knowledge of oldies music. Me? Anything post- 80s ain't even old to me. You gotta ask for them 60s music. Now THOSE are oldies.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

More serious though...

Paint it black.
Message in a bottle.
Stairway to Heaven.
Bohemian Rapsphody.
The Final Countdown

I've always been a Jazz or Spanish-Guitar or both person. Been playing whatever Laurindo Almeida I can find. Never met someone who shares my interest in either genre.

edit: Sorry, @'d the wrong person.

I've always been a Jazz or Spanish-Guitar or both person. Been playing whatever Laurindo Almeida I can find. Never met someone who shares my interest in either genre.

Jemini

If you have a taste for that stuff, I might also recommend Major Tom: Coming Home. In particular, the cover version by Shiny Toy Guns.

The original is by Peter Shilling. While his version is good, it's the Shiny Toy Guns version that is more likely to appeal to you. Their sound is a lot more in line with the songs you called out as your favorites.

DarkeReises

And I know a fuck ton more metal and rock songs, too. This has barely scratched the surface of my knowledge of oldies music. Me? Anything post- 80s ain't even old to me. You gotta ask for them 60s music. Now THOSE are oldies.
Sorry for being a young person who can't appreciate old music aside from a small few lmao. Probably the oldest band i listened to for more than just the rare listen, is Killing Joke, with Nirvana being a little younger.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
0lol you making me feel old. I'm only 25 yo. My parents just listen to 60s music all the time and tbh I love them. You should listen to a few. They're very calming.

DarkeReises

If you have a taste for that stuff, I might also recommend Major Tom: Coming Home. In particular, the cover version by Shiny Toy Guns.

The original is by Peter Shilling. While his version is good, it's the Shiny Toy Guns version that is more likely to appeal to you. Their sound is a lot more in line with the songs you called out as your favorites.

Both versions are pretty good.
0lol you making me feel old. I'm only 25 yo. My parents just listen to 60s music all the time and tbh I love them. You should listen to a few. They're very calming.
I've recently been listening to a lot more modern music (2018 to now, mostly, though i am starting to relapse to late 90s and 2000s recently), though i did have a time where i listened to older rock a lot. But the earliest was still late 70s(Killing Joke being the only one i can remember of the top of my head). I just grew up with rock and metal from 80s and after, so no wonder i turned out this way.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
my playlist isn't exactly "old" but it's aged quite well over the years

(I couldn't find the entire album but just know it's White Light White Heat by The Velvet Underground)

I actually have more but curse the five media limit