Technology

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
One name piece of technology that the world would be better without and one piece of technology that the world would be better with.

The world would be better without the steam engine.

The world would be better with high tech swords.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
It is hard to think of something we would be better off without. Gut reaction was to say explosives, but no explosives = no rockets = no spaceflight, at least unless someone went and made a launch loop/insane railgun, then developed ion engines too.

I'd say the closest to better off without would be social media, as it produces far too much negativity, and addiction.

Better off with? 100% on genetically engineered foxgirls and the ability to alter genes in adults in such a manner as to allow reshaping the body so people could become foxgirls without being born one. Would probably take serious work with stem cells in addition to the modification. I may be EVER SO SLIGHTLY biased though. But fluffy tails are such glorious things, and surely the world would be a better place if people could hug fluffy tails.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The world would be better without social media. It's the root of all evil. We should have stopped at SMS and internet forums.

A piece of tech the world needs? Magic. Yup. Any kind of science that can't be explained by our current knowledge is indistinguishable from magic, so I'll cheat and outright ask for it :blob_evil:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The world would be better without cribs/bassinets.

The world would be better with an advanced baby monitor to monitor the baby's vitals and the parent's sleeping position so it can wake up the parent if necessary.

Ilikewaterkusa

The world would be better without social media. It's the root of all evil. We should have stopped at SMS and internet forums.

A piece of tech the world needs? Magic. Yup. Any kind of science that can't be explained by our current knowledge is indistinguishable from magic, so I'll cheat and outright ask for it :blob_evil:
Not really tech but the world be better

melchi

What is a custom title?
The world would be better if breathing rights were non-transferable.

The would would be better without cars driven by humans.

Notadate

Scammer AI

The forums is social media

Ilikewaterkusa

Scammer AI

The forums is social media
Forums are social media but they aren't really addicting. They don't have dudes using pictures or spamming videos of how good their fake life is.

Notadate

Forums are social media but they aren't really addicting. They don't have dudes using pictures or spamming videos of how good their fake life is.
I do.
6E77EFDA-5234-405F-8A4F-08265B389A5A.jpeg

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The world would be better off without corsets.

The world would be better with realistic and proper OSHA regulations.

Ilikewaterkusa

The world would be better off without non-bio-degradable plastics. Plastics are a key invention, but let's retcon the forever particle aspect!
we have like robots that can eat plastic and we are quickly developing nano stuff that kills plastics. And there probably is some top secret compound which can instantly dissolve plastic but is just in military hands

Dearest_Violet

better without and one piece of technology that the world would be better with
I personally don't think we would be better off without any one piece of technology, but it would be interesting if guns weren't possible to be built.

The world would be very cool with light weight augmented reality ocular devices I think.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
teleportation using Quantum mechanics.

Anything related to teleportation via using quantum mechanics and other existing dimensions. Just stay the fuck away from it.

Our understanding of physics is growing at an alarming rate. I even read a study of usage quantum wormholes can lead to future instantaneous travel via dimensional vectors and manipulation.

There one thing i fear is that we are going to open a Pandora box of unimaginable thing diving deep in to the quantum physics we dont fully understand. I dont feel like we understand even 5% to be messing with things beyond our graps. Humanity literally made 95% of its pogress in the last 50 years. We are entering the ai rabbit hole phase. Were speed running here. There already exist goggle quantum computers that can do Calculation that take a normal super computer 30,000 year. Its baffling. Teleportation is a no go. Not now. Too early. Need time.

Or maybe im paranoid reading to much scifi documentation lol.

As the saying goes that i made the fuck up
Be ignorant not greedy. You will live longer because greed takes you places where there is no return from.