The Adventum Contest

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
One of the plot, that I had in mind, involves the majority of the story for the MC (Main Character) to be in their original human self, as the past has got more spotlight than after death's scenes, where they may or may not have reincarnated into non-living objects.
The story has to be about the MC in their reincarnated existence.

MisokoFukumoto

Oh! One last question (my dumb hyper mind refuse to stop tossing other ideas out of the idea-cabinets);

Are supernatural beings, like merpeople, werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, centaurs, demi-immortals, etc considered human? I mean, some does have some animalistic feature, but so do they have human features, do they count as non-human or as humans/humanoid (I'm straying away from reality, rip)?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Oh! One last question (my dumb hyper mind refuse to stop tossing other ideas out of the idea-cabinets);

Are supernatural beings, like merpeople, werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, centaurs, demi-immortals, etc considered human? I mean, some does have some animalistic feature, but so do they have human features, do they count as non-human or as humans/humanoid (I'm straying away from reality, rip)?
They aren't considered humans.

MisokoFukumoto

They aren't considered humans.

Okay! Thank you!!
I have told my friend of this writing event in excitement and she can't wait to start using the mutant characters and the world she built in her mind!
Thank you for the opportunity to get her going and finally start writing!!!

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Okay! Thank you!!
I have told my friend of this writing event in excitement and she can't wait to start using the mutant characters and the world she built in her mind!
Thank you for the opportunity to get her going and finally start writing!!!
Good luck to both of you! :blob_hide:

dowomple

Is it alright if I briefly mention another book series, like Harry Potter, but the story itself has nothing to do with it? Thank you!

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Is it alright if I briefly mention another book series, like Harry Potter, but the story itself has nothing to do with it? Thank you!
If it's just mentioning it then it's fine.

wawanaoki

Better late than never.

I just added my story for the contest since I wanted to make sure I could hit all three themes and reach 40K words :O

It's a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime, Video Game cliche rich adventure filled with fun and cool tech too.

Title: Isekaied
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/139991/isekaied/

Themes:
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology

Lastly, I could not add The Adventum Contest tag, because I did not see it on the tag list.

GLHF,

wawanaoki

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Better late than never.

I just added my story for the contest since I wanted to make sure I could hit all three themes and reach 40K words :O

It's a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime, Video Game cliche rich adventure filled with fun and cool tech too.

Title: Isekaied
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/139991/isekaied/

Themes:
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology

Lastly, I could not add The Adventum Contest tag, because I did not see it on the tag list.

GLHF,

wawanaoki
Once you've posted it, the tag should be available once you go into edit.
On the [Details] bit, right at the bottom, there should be a section that says: Contest.
There'll be a drop down menu that has the Adventum Contest in it.
(^-^)

X

Ngl, I might just use this as an excuse to write everyday. Not like that's ever failed me before.
*ignores all of the month of november*

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Nanowrimo. I'm pretty sure it happens in November. You write however many words within the month and get the chance of the book to be editted and published. I think it's 100,000 word count within the month.
I don't think you get any chance to be edited or published, and the word count is 50,000 words, not 100,000.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't think you get any chance to be edited or published, and the word count is 50,000 words, not 100,000.
What Lizy said, the prize of NaNoWriMo is having your book written after you procrastinated it forever~

atgongumerki

I guess as a proper participant in the event, I should at least post some kind of reply to this threat.
I am pretty sure that I conform to all requirements, as the story starts the death which resulted in the reincarnation as x!
But half of the story is not about the 'mc' instead it is about the survivors.
And within the first six chapters (15k words) the 'reincarnated mc' has not appeared yet.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I guess as a proper participant in the event, I should at least post some kind of reply to this threat.
I am pretty sure that I conform to all requirements, as the story starts the death which resulted in the reincarnation as x!
But half of the story is not about the 'mc' instead it is about the survivors.
And within the first six chapters (15k words) the 'reincarnated mc' has not appeared yet.
Be sure to post a link and the synopsis to your entry on this thread, too.
(^-^)

X