The fame is getting to me

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I don't know what's this thread is all about but everyone seems to be talking about different things... oh, anyway, your thighs are hot.

strayCat0

Other
So I just recently found this site and decided to post my book here that I’m writing for fun since I uh posted it on wattpad before this. But there, I only got at best 15 views so I’ve always thought my story is terrible yeah? But in one day of posting it here, it already got 200+ views and a few readers! I was super happy! But now that I’m at 700 it’s really slowed down. Is this normal?
It's quite good. I think you're slowing down because you released it in span of two days only. You can start to release more chapters regularly, your views would increase without a doubt.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Honestly around 700 readers I feel like you’ve captured the people who actively search for stories in your genre / tags. At this point growth willl be slow without trending or a lucky break (like your novel being recommended somewhere outside of SH sending users here to you)
I should mention that even a mention in the comments of another story on SH also works... as long as people find the comment relevant and interesting enough to read.
(Having accidentally caused a story to be pinned to trending on alternating days for nearly a week because I used it as a point of comparison for another story, I can say this with certainty)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Seriously how? Like I’m really curious hahaha
They said it was for "banned content." It's the same story as the one linked in my signature, so you can have a look and tell me if you think it violates Wattpad's content guidelines or not.
Frankly though, it's because I entered too many contests, and someone must have gotten butthurt about me winning so many of them.
Sunset.png Graphomania 2.jpg Butterfly.png Coronation.jpg Cupid Awards.jpg IMG_5186.jpeg Sun3rdPlace02.png Mysterious.jpg 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...jpg Gem Awards.jpg

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
They said it was for "banned content." It's the same story as the one linked in my signature, so you can have a look and tell me if you think it violates Wattpad's content guidelines or not.
Frankly though, it's because I entered too many contests, and someone must have gotten butthurt about me winning so many of them.
View attachment 7668View attachment 7669View attachment 7670View attachment 7671View attachment 7672View attachment 7673View attachment 7674View attachment 7675View attachment 7676View attachment 7677
Haha you must've been too good for that site, great that you're here instead!
I’m surprised how many are replying! Thank you for all of your advice, I was logged out before so I’m replying to everything now lol

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Haha you must've been too good for that site, great that you're here instead!
I’m surprised how many are replying! Thank you for all of your advice, I was logged out before so I’m replying to everything now lol
Yep! I'm on other platforms as well, but Scribble Hub is my favorite now.
Getting banned from Wattpad gives me bragging rights, so I mentioned that in my pinned post on Twitter:

manno

Yeah of course.

I had a story in 2013, and with no promotion whatsoever, it got 300 reads in 6 chapters, which is alright. Pretty good compared to now where I can’t even get 100 reads in 2 chapters without advertising it in a similar time frame.

I see that top stories here get 2M reads, and that’s honestly not bad. Ok, it’s not 100M but it’s still decent for a site like Scribblehub.
2M reads? Are you confusing pageviews of the story page with readers?
Reads can't be higher than the number of views of the first chapter.

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
So I just recently found this site and decided to post my book here that I’m writing for fun since I uh posted it on wattpad before this. But there, I only got at best 15 views so I’ve always thought my story is terrible yeah? But in one day of posting it here, it already got 200+ views and a few readers! I was super happy! But now that I’m at 700 it’s really slowed down. Is this normal
The spike that you received was due to the "Latest Release" on the main page. If your novel ends up being there then that means you will get a spike of readers and views, the same happened to me. Of course, after the story is removed from that segment then your viewers will decay but that is not a reason to fret.
Personally, I feel like every writer has their own style of writing so, I would advise you to post at least 1 to 2 chapters per week and your numbers will increase, even if bit by bit (since it appears on the main page for a while as the recently updated)! However, if you have the content needed,then you can also opt to upload 1 per day or 2 times per day (1 in the morning and another in the night), that way it will reach more people.
Of course, these numbers won't go up as much as they could if your concept of the story is not "trending" (like Isekai's and Smut themes), but that doesn't mean your novel won't grow. So, don't give up!
Value your accomplishments and aim higher without losing the sight of being humble (in other words don't let the "fame" get to you!) Congratulations on your progress already :blob_nom:

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
Bruh, the first series I wrote here had like 400 views and just 2 readers. I felt so discouraged that I deleted it. That was like last year, when I first joined.

Necariin

So I just recently found this site and decided to post my book here that I’m writing for fun since I uh posted it on wattpad before this. But there, I only got at best 15 views so I’ve always thought my story is terrible yeah? But in one day of posting it here, it already got 200+ views and a few readers! I was super happy! But now that I’m at 700 it’s really slowed down. Is this normal?
Consistency, among all other things, is the best quality in writing. Get chapters out on a regular schedule and views will follow. There's more beyond that, but without consistent, reliable updates you (most likely) won't have as great reader retention/growth. Congrats on the growth so far, and keep on truckin'!

xluferx

Meh fame is cool and all but at least this site doesn't have email notifications like others it slowly get annoying to have a message board filled with notifications about that particular story or reviews which sometimes are filled with...interesting words, you know... The usual

Jihn

Your friendly neigh-borhood horsey!
2M reads? Are you confusing pageviews of the story page with readers?
Reads can't be higher than the number of views of the first chapter.
Yes, reads. I am dumb jihn sorry.

SpaurdaD

That's something that's totally understandable! For my own story, on Wattpad I have 4 views but on Scribble Hub? 40 views and 8 readers! I know this isn't much to what you have, but it makes me super happy and reassures me that there is at least one person out there who enjoys my story! And honestly, the Wattpad algorithm completely sucks nowadays, so it's always good to publish on multiple platforms!