The gtreat author mashup

Agentt

Thighs
So here's the idea, all authors, post the names of a novel and a character of that novel you have written. I will read them, give each a number, then using a random number generator, I will have them fight.
General rules, feel free to add more
1. The participant's power level would be equal to the round no.' attack they got. Eg. For round 1, your character will be as powerful as they were when they had their first attack. For round 2, as strong when they were when they got their second attack.
2. Please follow the basic etiquette to not register a god level character or a non combactant.
3. Either I will write it all, or we can take turns to do that. In the latter case, others can post a link to the chapter. The writer is obliged to match the original author's writing styl while writing about his character.
4. Please forgive if the writer is unable to do justice to your character as they would mostly skim through it.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Maybe try editing the post and add the contenders and their abilities? Kinda interested who the contenders are anyways...

Anyway if you haven't added meepman you can do so, though he's not much a combatant

Meepman - a stupid and curious man. He wields the most powerful system ever known called "Narrator". However he needs to convince it by aligning with it's goals -- which is entertain the audience and the author. In terms of individual power though, he is but a normal human that swings a machete.

Last edited:

tridetect

guess ill enter with the main character of my story, Mark Faultim. He's a gun wielder that can ricochet bullets using his mind as well as some other things later on but nothing crazy op.

Jemini

I haven't written far enough to showcase the power set that either of the main characters in my stories have yet, so I don't think I am very eligible to join this thing yet.

Well, I guess I could list a supporting character. Of the 3 who have fought, 1 is a god-level and 1 is completely dependent on the mana of others and is also immobile. (freaking powerful if she can gain access to a mana source like the MC of the story, but that would also put her at god level if we gave her that.)

I suppose that leaves Eirlathion from Key to the Void. He's a mage, and has powers similar to a D&D style druid of around level 7. His most powerful attack is a 3rd Lv. spell that allows him to control wood. He also has healing berries enchanted with my world's equivalent of the "good berry" spell in his belt pouch. He keeps 30 on his belt at all times, so that's 30 HP worth of restoration. (yes, each berry consumed restores 1 HP. This is in a world setting where 30 HP is considered a near-death injury, so 1 HP is the equivalent of about 100 in most modern liteRPG settings. For reference, sticking a knife in someone's gut and dealing an injury very much like the real world equivalent of such an injury would be about 5 HP damage. Then using that knife to rip the person's stomach open and spilling their guts on the ground would be 20 HP damage.)

He also likes to buff himself before battle with spells to make him move faster in the forest, and spells to give his body aspects of wood to enhance his strength and also allow him to cast wood-warping spells on his own arms.

EDIT: If you have to match someone else's ridiculous character, you can also use my divine leech Tiaren who is the god-level character I discounted earlier. She is a reincarnation of Amashilama from Babylonian mythology. She is also from Key to the Void. I will post her powers and abilities in spoilers, although they have not been fully showcased in the story yet so I don't know how admissible this is.
Tiaren, in her previous life as Amashilama, was used as a medical leech by the goddess of healing. She was fed the blood of gods, and gained divinity from it. After she gained divinity, she was adopted by the goddess of healing and became her daughter. Most of the blood she was fed was from her adoptive mother, so she also has healing magic. Although, her legend contains a part where she consumed her deceased brother's blood and then regurgitated it to be used as a potion that had the power to revive the dead. This potion was then used to revive that same deceased brother.

Because of this, her strongest healing powers use blood that she has consumed. She can heal herself by drinking blood, or she can bite someone and then spit the blood out to use it as an instant healing potion of the highest grade which she can feed to anyone else. If she makes a proper potion out of blood that has been in her stomach (a potion in the IRL sense, which involves placing it in alcohol for 3 months) then it will become even more potent and if it's fed to someone who has been killed then they will revive as an undead with a similar level of power to what they had while alive. (If they were a normal human, they will become a zombie. If they were an OP isekai character, then warrior types will become a vampire and mage types will become a lich. If they were a god, they will become a god of death.)

In terms of her physical combat abilities, they are not quite as divine tier as her healing abilities. But, she is still technically a divine beast even though she has been reincarnated as an elf, so they are at least in the super-human tier. She has skin that is rubbery and will naturally bounce off a high-level attack if it has insufficient penetration power. She is nearly immune to blunt-force damage and slashing or cutting damage is greatly reduced. High-level piercing damage is capable of damaging her, but it has to be a really solid hit that hits her center mass at a perpendicular angle. (basically, a natural 20 in D&D terms.)

The above only applies to high-level damage. As in, similarly sub-god-tier combatants. If you attack her with a more mundane method of attack, you will not even notice the rubbery nature of her skin. It will just be as strong as steel to you and all attacks will react as such. (In D&D terms, think damage reduction 15, and can only be damaged by enchanted weapons.)

She can run at high speeds, but moves a lot faster if she begins moving in creepy unorthodox ways that resemble the appearance of a leech swimming in water. On land, it looks like she is bouncing around like a spring and flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water but somehow covering ground at a truly alarming rate despite the awkward movement style. When she catches someone, she has superhuman strength that is reminiscent of a Vampire's and her method of attack quite resembles a vampire's as well since she will immediately try to bite her target near a major artery. She will primarily target the wrist, shoulder, or neck.

She also has perfect night vision, and she can sense people by their spiritual energy. Since being reincarnated as an elf which survives on spirit energy, she has also gained an energy drain ability which she can use at range. This is not harmful to humans, but it can do massive damage to spiritual creatures or members of fae races as severe as having her drink their blood would. She can also use this spirit energy drain to heal herself, although it is not as efficient as blood. Basically it is a double-conversion of energy to mana and then mana to healing magic. So, it is slowed down as a result. Even though this ability does not do harm to humans, she does still gain spirit energy from them which can be used to heal herself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46002

New thread, I see.

Going to participate with protagonist Zack/Retrograde (shorter nick Retro) So, his powers depend on how much there are surrounding negative emotions(such as hate). If there is a lot, he absorbs that power and becomes deadlier (counts this as an insanity phase). Although if there is no hate - he can still fight, his movements are more humanlike.
The boy is still trying to get a grip on his new abilities (and not all of them are unlocked in my story yet, so I will not include them yet). Still, he can already transform his arms into a crystal weapon, which is practically impenetrable, plus he has something close to UV vision while fighting. (to help him see his enemies better)

(So, if an opponent is easily triggered and emotional, then it is going to be harder) (Ye, he is a smart and annoying bish)

He is that evolving type of thing.

It sounds a little bit OP, but remember, he is still a human. There are many ways to defeat him. Everything depends on emotions, a sharp mind, weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jemini

It sounds a little bit OP, but remember, he is still a human. There are many ways to defeat him. Everything depends on emotions, a sharp mind, weapons.

How is that OP when it depends so much on the opponent? If he went up against the more normal character I posted, Eirlathion, then sure he would be able to beat Eirlathion pretty easily if he could somehow get his full powers going. However, Eirlathion is a thousand year old elf who is the most mellow headed guy you will ever meet. The farthest thing from easily triggered. So, Eirlathion would pretty much get an easy win Vs. Retro here just based on the personality match up.

(That is, assuming retro's main method of riling people up involves personal insults and being a smart-ass. He could probably get Eirlathion angry if his method involved raping and murdering children or something like that.)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
How is that OP when it depends so much on the opponent? If he went up against the more normal character I posted, Eirlathion, then sure he would be able to beat Eirlathion pretty easily if he could somehow get his full powers going. However, Eirlathion is a thousand year old elf who is the most mellow headed guy you will ever meet. The farthest thing from easily triggered. So, Eirlathion would pretty much get an easy win Vs. Retro here just based on the personality match up.

(That is, assuming retro's main method of riling people up involves personal insults and being a smart-ass. He could probably get Eirlathion angry if his method involved raping and murdering children or something like that.)
Wouldn't that be a literal wellspring of possibilities for Zack AND the story itself? Zack could present himself as a sympathetic/empathetic character as he attempts to know more about the opponent he's about to battle against before absolutely crippling in the guy on showdown date. (Unless this is literally a "summon two randos to break each other's spine on the spot" scenario, then yeah, Zack's fucking dead) He could bring a whole different dynamic to the fight instead of simply duking out with abilities or element synergies. His powers won't primarily depend on how he scales in terms of abilities, but in a psychological battlefield.

Hell, maybe we could throw in a plot point where, as other entries get submitted, Zack finds out just HOW deep human malice goes, and that there may be a depth of hatred that even Zack himself can't control. Or maybe one that's already in peace with their shortcomings and have reached total nirvana, completely cutting out Zack's ability, presenting a power scaling in an abstract, psychological level that goes BEYOND 'yo my fireball is bigger than your fireball' or 'you may be strong but you're allergic to wood and it JUST SO HAPPENS that I control wood'.

Maybe Zack could even have an external character development of his own beyond the canon (given OP's permission), and throw in a fight just because he couldn't stand manipulating other people anymore.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Wow, I didn't knew it would blew up that much. Ill need some time to go through each character.
Words work in mysterious ways.
Anyways, it seems like your thread worked when you moved it to a proper forum and having a different title as well.
Guess you don't need to worry having no contenders...

WingedWolf

Heh, love the idea. I'll submit my MC, Phac the Crab Fighter. Stat-wise, he focuses on Constitution first and Strength second. He's also quite the unlucky man. Personality-wise, he's rough and sharp-tongued, but with a sense of humor.

Phac wields a pincer-shaped, 2-meter long greatsword (Pincer) and is quite the simple fighter; he has a skill that spends Stamina to augment an attack (Smash), a skill to unleash his killing intent (Killing Intent) and startle/terrify opponents, and a skill that allows him to move very quickly - but only sideways (Crab Step). He also has a passive that makes his skin harder (Crab Skin) and can talk to crabs (Crab Speech), but that's about it. When he fights, I usually employ environment/cool opponents/cool plans to spice the battle up.

Phac doesn't really have any attacks besides smashing stuff, but you can use skills in place of attacks for counting his strength - he got them in the order above.

Good luck!

P.S. Book is The Crab Fighter.

Agentt

Thighs
Phew, okay, I think we have enough contestants for now, anymore and it would be too hard. So correct me if I am wrong since I mainly skimmed through each and everyone of you people's books. Here are the contestants in the order of name, power personality.
Meepman-can do whatever till its for comedic purposes-a satire on all isekai
Mark Faultim-bend bullets-kinda go with the flow but has his own opinions
Eirlathion-whatever that guy wrote above-stoic, serious
Crab fighter-again, whatever that guy wrote above.

Regarding Zach, I don't plan on doing a complete emersion, just the fight and backstage interactions. Regarding his personality, that is something which is born purely by you and i doubt any of us would be able to do justice. Not to mention, all other characters have merry personalities. You can still add him, if you want, but chances are he will be reduced to a common swordsman with generic lines.

Last edited:

Jemini

So, how does this work? You keep talking as though someone else is going to be handling our characters, but how's that going to be determined? Do the authors for each of the contenders get assigned someone else's character to write for? If so, I would recommend also arranging the match-up so we are against someone who's not our character either.

Agentt

Thighs
So, how does this work? You keep talking as though someone else is going to be handling our characters, but how's that going to be determined? Do the authors for each of the contenders get assigned someone else's character to write for? If so, I would recommend also arranging the match-up so we are against someone who's not our character y
Yes, I was planning to do that. But I realised it may not be much successful due to our different tastes. We can do each our own but thought it would be a good practice. I still have no idea how we are gonna accomplish that tho.

Last edited: