The most despicable deity?

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
The Story of Job is why I don't believe the Bible is entirely accurate in its depiction of Satan/Lucifer as the "All Evil & Great Dragon" considering the Christian God is quite easily as much of a cruel tyrant as any supposed "evil deity". I'm not saying Lucifer is good, but I don't think he's entirely evil either. To me, that's just another form of propaganda just like anything else, though more religious in context than political. The Christian God has wiped out entire bloodlines just because a priest made a mistake in some of their prayers or rituals being made in dedication to him. That's pettiness taken to the umpteenth level.

Anyway, don't debate or argue with me on it. I don't care. I'm not Christian, and while it's extremely biased to say so, anything you say contrary to what I have stated will only convince me more to ignore thee and believe as I do. I don't trust Christians to debate with a clear mind, it's not a common capability among their ranks.

There is no such thing as anything being All-Good or All-Evil. Something can be Mostly Good or Mostly Evil, but not totally one or the other. Even Buddha was a complete elitist bastard on occasion.

Last edited:

Redemit

The Christian god literally wiped out 99% of earths population just because he couldnt keep his creations playing nice and so got pissy and made flooded the fuck outta everyone like a little bitch boy

I've heard some very messed up things done from all kinds of gods and pantheons, but none of them trump mass extinction
A few Things you'd know if you read the actual story from beginning to end you'd know that
1 God does not control people. we all have free will and God will never take that away just because we continue to make mistakes or do evil things
2 God DID NOT flood the earth out of anger and he took absolutely NO pleasure in doing it the Bible tells us he did it out of necessity and it brought him grief to do it he knew the hearts of all men and their intentions and knew they were evil there was no other choice if he wanted his creation to survive
3 He promised never to do the same again and later was literally tortured and died to the hands of those he wanted to save if he was willing to do that for post flood people that means those were at least redeemable people now imagine how bad the pre flood people must have been
I Don't trust Christians to debate with a clear mind, it's not a common capability among their ranks.
I'd say the same for atheists and agnostics so blinded by fear hate and pride that they always assume us Christians too dumb and blinded by faith to ever listen and consider the possibility that what we say is true

Last edited:

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Too blinded by faith to ever listen and consider the possibility that what we say is true
That's because Christians usually are XD
Those assumptions didn't just spontaneously appear without reason.

Anyway, I'm neither Agnostic nor Atheist so I can't say anything from their perspectives. I find Atheists to be another open can of irrationality so idk. Personally, the most rational people I've ever come in contact with were Agnostics, so I'd side with them long before anyone openly claiming themselves to be Christian. Agnostics are simple in their stance. When asked what comes after death, they just shrug and say they don't know and don't believe anyone can truly know. Technically, they are correct, seeing as any other answer is based on faith and personal belief without any actual evidence to the contrary.

I'm not Agnostic any more than I am Athetist, but I respect their views far more than anyone else's.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

Fun fact: while satan is a thing, Lucifer is thought to have been a simple mistake made by a monk who was translating old texts regarding some ancient king, capitalizing lucifer which led people to believe it was a name.

I still like the widely popular idea that Lucifer was some fallen angel, tho. Pretty sure Satan, the Adversary, is a seperate entity, however. It's weird, cuz they arent the same person in some depictions of literature and are the same in others and I'm not sure how that even spread to begin with. Really confused me when I first ran across one depiction in a story and the second version in another later.

The Christian god literally wiped out 99% of earths population just because he couldnt keep his creations playing nice and so got pissy and made flooded the fuck outta everyone like a little bitch boy

I've heard some very messed up things done from all kinds of gods and pantheons, but none of them trump mass extinction
About that Satan. I believe "Satan" is more of a title (hereditary via force) granted to the powerful creatures without Holy attribute.

The identities of that deity are very confusing. Suspected to be a Cherub yhen a Seraph. The named angels are archangels. Other suspected the names to belong from older era demonized by the occupying belief at the times like Baal or Abaddon. Very confusing.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Well, one shouldn't ask Persephone on that matter, but sadly 1 case of sexual assault is still a good count in greek mythology.
Depends on what myth you read. Some say that Hades kidnapped her and is considered the most popular myth. Though there is another myth that has more backing despite being less popular where Persephone just wandered into a cave and ended up in the underworld. Hades just let her hang out with her until he fell in love with her. Then Zeus had to intervene because nature wasn't working.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I would just have to say
Satan AKA The Morningstar AKA Lucifer AKA Old Scratch
-- You can't get any eviler than the antithesis of the good parts of humanity. A being that would rather burn down creation to rule over the ashes, and the sole being that caused humanity's eternal suffering, mortality, and fears. That is pretty damn evil.
It honestly depends on how you classify demons, but I'd say Baal, who is a false Semitic god. He's also where we get the word cannibal from, a portmantua of Canaan and Baal.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
That's because Christians usually are XD
Those assumptions didn't just spontaneously appear without reason.

Anyway, I'm neither Agnostic nor Atheist so I can't say anything from their perspectives. I find Atheists to be another open can of irrationality so idk. Personally, the most rational people I've ever come in contact with were Agnostics, so I'd side with them long before anyone openly claiming themselves to be Christian. Agnostics are simple in their stance. When asked what comes after death, they just shrug and say they don't know and don't believe anyone can truly know. Technically, they are correct, seeing as any other answer is based on faith and personal belief without any actual evidence to the contrary.

I'm not Agnostic any more than I am Athetist, but I respect their views far more than anyone else's.
I am Christian but I agree that many people that claim to be Christians are too arrogant and self-centered to listen to others before arguing and /or condemning others. @Redemit didn't say anything untrue and neither did you. I apologize that you have come into contact with so many Elitest Christians in the past but those of us that actually came to believe in Christ and the Bible due to what it says and not just on faith alone would never act in such a disrespectful manner as any Christian that has tried to live a life close to Christs as possible would be kind to all people accept false Christian leaders. Though because this may end up being a touchy subject we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
A few Things you'd know if you read the actual story from beginning to end you'd know that
1 God does not control people. we all have free will and God will never take that away just because we continue to make mistakes or do evil things
2 God DID NOT flood the earth out of anger and he took absolutely NO pleasure in doing it the Bible tells us he did it out of necessity and it brought him grief to do it he knew the hearts of all men and their intentions and knew they were evil there was no other choice if he wanted his creation to survive
3 He promised never to do the same again and later was literally tortured and died to the hands of those he wanted to save if he was willing to do that for post flood people that means those were at least redeemable people now imagine how bad the pre flood people must have been

I'd say the same for atheists and agnostics so blinded by fear hate and pride that they always assume us Christians too dumb and blinded by faith to ever listen and consider the possibility that what we say is true
Dont excuse genocide

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The GOD god. Think about it. Guy has multiple personality disorder, with two of his main personalities being racist as fuck. Is omnipotent but only acts when people screw up and only to punish the people. Tortures people just for fun or "to test them" and just blames other people for it.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
The GOD god. Think about it. Guy has multiple personality disorder, with two of his main personalities being racist as fuck. Is omnipotent but only acts when people screw up and only to punish the people. Tortures people just for fun or "to test them" and just blames other people for it.
UHHHH Based?! God is such a chad.

TUSF

YHWH/Jahova/etc…
Dude has some serious mood issues, with a habit of gaslighting people he calls his children. Horribly abusive and genocidal.
Most other gods at most have one or two flaws, and often only commit horribly deeds due to passion or some uncontrollable nature, but the Abrahamic god is downright psychotic, and seems to get off on making humans squirm for his attention, so much so that he even calls himself a "jealous god"—he's that crazy yandere girlfriend that gets mad that you drank water out of the wrong cup.

Redemit

I am Christian but I agree that many people that claim to be Christians are too arrogant and self-centered to listen to others before arguing and /or condemning others. @Redemit didn't say anything untrue and neither did you. I apologize that you have come into contact with so many Elitest Christians in the past but those of us that actually came to believe in Christ and the Bible due to what it says and not just on faith alone would never act in such a disrespectful manner as any Christian that has tried to live a life close to Christs as possible would be kind to all people accept false Christian leaders. Though because this may end up being a touchy subject we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
I've got family like that every time she opens her mouth and talks about God the Bible or anything really I can't help but roll my eyes because she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about and thinks she's wiser and Superior to everyone else its kinda funny my brother the actual Anglican priest would be the first one to tell her and other elitist people like her they're idiots and that they need to shut up and has done so in the past saying they give Christians a bad name
Dont excuse genocide
If you had a world literally full of people worse then Hitler raping torturing murdering and taxing people all while playing polka music at full blast you'd flood it too

Last edited:

TUSF

It honestly depends on how you classify demons, but I'd say Baal, who is a false Semitic god. He's also where we get the word cannibal from, a portmantua of Canaan and Baal.
Err, to be more accurate, "baal" was a title for the "lord" of gods, in some Semitic religions, so it referred to a couple different gods at different points in time, including a couple gods who were just called "Baal", the same way Abrahamics refer to their deity as just "God"
And that sounds like a poor folk-etymology. According to Merriam Webster, "cannibal" comes from Taino "caniba", which was the Taino people called another group of people who did practice ritual cannibalism.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
God DID NOT flood the earth out of anger and he took absolutely NO pleasure in doing it the Bible tells us he did it out of necessity and it brought him grief to do it he knew the hearts of all men and their intentions and knew they were evil there was no other choice if he wanted his creation to survive
It's actually a very interesting chapter.
But more accurately God did not grieve for making the flood.

Genesis 6:5 to 6:9
[6:5] The LORD saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.
[6:6] And the LORD was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
[6:7] So the LORD said, "I will blot out from the earth the human beings I have created - people together with animals and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."
[6:8] But Noah found favor in the sight of the LORD.
[6:9] These are the descendants of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; Noah walked with God.

God was sorry that he made humans in the first place.

What was interesting was the covenant to Noah.
[8:19] And every animal, every creeping thing, and every bird, everything that moves on the earth, went out of the ark by families.
[8:20] Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
[8:21] And when the LORD smelled the pleasing odor, the LORD said in his heart, "I will never again curse the ground because of humankind, for the inclination of the human heart is evil from youth; nor will I ever again destroy every living creature as I have done.
[8:22] As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease."

While it is true a promise was made so that God will not create another mass extinction event. It could be interpreted as God saying, "humans... these scum bags, I don't even care anymore"

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Err, to be more accurate, "baal" was a title for the "lord" of gods, in some Semitic religions, so it referred to a couple different gods at different points in time, including a couple gods who were just called "Baal", the same way Abrahamics refer to their deity as just "God"
And that sounds like a poor folk-etymology. According to Merriam Webster, "cannibal" comes from Taino "caniba", which was the Taino people called another group of people who did practice ritual cannibalism.
lol u r wrong. Get wrecked.

LilTV1155

It's actually a very interesting chapter.
But more accurately God did not grieve for making the flood.

Genesis 6:5 to 6:9

God was sorry that he made humans in the first place.

What was interesting was the covenant to Noah.

While it is true a promise was made so that God will not create another mass extinction event. It could be interpreted as God saying, "humans... these scum bags, I don't even care anymore"
On the condition that Earth do not cease.