The New Best Monitor Ever Made

Vnator

And dare I ask how expensive that beauty is?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Yet I'll still play Counter Strike on 4:3 on this beauty.
I don’t play multiplayer games anymore, if I still played counter strike I’d probably go with a 24 inch.

Bigger monitors aren’t great for competitive games. I’m mostly into single player so larger screens and vibrant colors are more fun.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I don't see a use of it though. Just get any standard 1080p with a 144hz refresh rate.

Well it's safe to say take my advice with a grain of salt. I've stopped playing current games because they have become stale and boring for now. My option might be biased.

Nowadays I just enjoy the retro games and play sometimes. There nice and fun....

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I don't see a use of it though. Just get any standard 1080p with a 144hz refresh rate.

Well it's safe to say take my advice with a grain of salt. I've stopped playing current games because they have become stale and boring for now. My option might be biased.

Nowadays I just enjoy the retro games and play sometimes. There nice and fun....
Most retro games have no need for a monitor like that. I have a 1440p with 144 refresh, personally I cap it at 120hz, but it’s a TN panel so viewing angles are annoying.

I like pretty graphics so well… you know me.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
I don’t play multiplayer games anymore, if I still played counter strike I’d probably go with a 24 inch.

Bigger monitors aren’t great for competitive games. I’m mostly into single player so larger screens and vibrant colors are more fun.
I thought so too, but I like the added FOV of an Utltrawide in CS. Stretched 4:3 on a 21:9 monitor ends up being the equivalent of a 16:9, so you get the advantages of a wider FOV and a stretched screen. I can basically hold mid and see tuns in the corner of my eye from CT Mid on CS, and makes pushing smokes much more viable.

Besides, higher Hz/Refresh Rate > Res any day of the week. Black bars are also a thing thankfully. I feel 24inch is for old, old school CSS/CS 1.6 players, or newcomers to CSGO way back in the day and just got used to it.

But it's awesome in singleplayer games. Just a shame that games like Elden Ring need a mod to make basic stuff like Ultrawide support to even work.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
But it's awesome in singleplayer games. Just a shame that games like Elden Ring need a mod to make basic stuff like Ultrawide support to even work.
Ah, personal preferences.
I don’t like ultra wide gaming, I feel it strains my eyes more since I’m darting back and forth on the screen.

I found that I paid more attention to sound when I played csgo competitively. But I mostly did AWP and took long rather than mid.
I think the best use of ultra wide would be driving/racing games

J_Chemist

That song “All about the pentiums” is ringing true here.

My current monitor is 8 years old so I’m due for an upgrade, was just waiting for the right OLED.
Felt. I'm using a TV I've lugged around with me as a monitor on my PC setup back home still for quite some time but have steadily upgraded surrounding monitors as I've gone along. The upgrade will be well worth it. You'll feel the difference.

Jet

I upgrade my setup every time a new GTA deigns upon us. Well, the last one was so ridiculously long ago that I managed to fry my video card and my monitor broke on me too in the meantime. So, yeah, I upgraded a bit. But I'm still waiting for that mythical new instalment to upgrade everything.

Last edited: