The novels people like DO reflect who they really are.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
As I've said before in the last thread, you're literally my inspiration to write. I really love your story, it made me fall in love with the 'Misunderstanding' tag.

But even so, I believe in the "Streisand Effect". Where attempts at doing something, ends up giving the opposite result than intended.

If this situation was left alone, it will eventually fade away. But ranting about it again will probably give more light to this and will probably get you some more 1* ratings.

If you find that the 1* ratings to be unjustified, you can probably bring it up with the admins and have them removed. Ranting about it will only make things worse.

I know you're in a tough spot right now and feeling frustrated. But please, just calm down and let things fade away. I'm not saying no one's doing anything wrong, but sometimes it's better to just forget and move on. And if someone still end up giving you 1* ratings, I'm sure the admins can help.
It really isn't good at all for their mental health. Almost all threads they make are about it, and it doesn't seem like they are trying to forget about it. (Despite saying so)

forli

It really isn't good at all for their mental health. Almost all threads they make are about it, and it doesn't seem like they are trying to forget about it. (Despite saying so)
Yes I am, I absolutely am. I even go as far as to never look at the front page of Scribble hub or search for stories to avoid encountering it.
But I can't, I keep being constantly reminded of it, and when it gets back on my head it gets stuck there.
I'm the first person to admit that I keep blowing it out of proportion, but I cannot help it.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Yes I am, I absolutely am. I even go as far as to never look at the front page of Scribble hub or search for stories to avoid encountering it.
But I can't, I keep being constantly reminded of it, and when it gets back on my head it gets stuck there.
I'm the first person to admit that I keep blowing it out of proportion, but I cannot help it.
I don't know how to help that. You are self aware of your own problem.

:blob_reach: You are correct, it is quite logical that our beliefs and views are reflected in all aspects of our life, either consciously or unconsciously.

:blob_happy:Why would you something read you don't agree with? Obviously that is not the case and we inherently seek validating information.
so reading a crime novel makes you a criminal? playing call of duty means I'll start shooting people?

what you're saying isn't wrong but it cannot be applied here.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
so reading a crime novel makes you a criminal? playing call of duty means I'll start shooting people?

what you're saying isn't wrong but it cannot be applied here.
:blob_happy: On what basis? Did you read the novel in question? Can you make a qualified judgement in this case unlike me?

Zinless

How do I
I know it's tough right now, I can't imagine how you feel about this. But as I've said before, many times, let things go. Even if it's hard to keep things bottled up, you can relieve the stress through other ways. I don't know what you find enjoyable, but do that. Playing games, drawing, eating good food, etc.

I hope you get through this, and I hope by then, all of this pointless drama goes away. I won't be interacting with this thread further, it's just bringing me down the more I read it, haha...

Well, cya.

hijauKuning

This thread remind me of some old thread, I looked it up again and realized the OP is the same.

No, seriously, what's with all the double standards when it comes to fantasy humans? | Scribble Hub Forum

I have replied in this thread without ever knowing the context, or any of these review bombings drama. But looking back at it again, I must repeat what I said:

It's a caricature, yes, but it's never "humans are this," or "humans are that," but humanity in these fictions is just a set of idea. Like how Jews to Nazis, communists to religious people, etc. The people of humanity don't actually exist.

In a sense of they're being characters. all their actions, and dialogues is to give us readers a certain image of what the author intent for us to see. Sometimes, it's as simple as those authors just hate humanity and all that. In this case, there's nothing we can do.

To answer your thread question, those fictions are under the scope of "we humans can do better." There's no fear of some community would get superiority complex from what they read of these fictions. Why? Simple, because elves don't exist, dwarves don't exist, dragons don't exist, hobbits don't exist, orcs don't exist, and all those fantastical creatures. Are we going to complain racism against people who don't exist now? I know by this point you already know, but all these fictional races are also caricatures of their own. WE DON'T SEE ELVES EXACERBATING GLOBAL WARMING IN WRITINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T DO IT. You know who enslave, genocide, and done all that horrible acts? Humans. You want to see humans saving us from elven genocide? That's WEAK. That's like, demonizing people who don't exist.

Perhaps you just want to read fantasy stories where authors don't do these caricatures. But it's something too good to be pass. Especially when you can already exaggerate irl humans' good qualities in fictional races.
So after finding the story you actually meant, I'm still inclined to: maybe the author just hate humans in general---or not. And the whole beastmen good vs humans bad are made to create a safe space, a distinct society (where it doesn't exist in reality) where there's no judgment. So again, I must repeat:
In this case, there's nothing we can do.
Maybe the whole bits of episodes written by authors about these racist humans were just for them to vent their feelings. There's not much to say honestly. Because we don't know what's in their head.

Last edited: