The novels people like DO reflect who they really are.

forli

Not long ago I asked why people like reading stories that glorify their main characters doing horrible stuff. I was told that it's all just escapism and that it doesn't translate to them being awful people in real life, but I have first-hand experience on that not being true.

'Boosted Restart' is a novel that makes an entire race into an acceptable target for its main characters to brutally torture and commit genocide against. They are even made extremely weak to appeal to people who fantasize about making others suffer without fear of repercussions.

When I pointed out how revolting that was, the author posted a rant to mark me as one such acceptable target. And as expected of the kind of audience such a novel would attract, they all began shitting on me endlessly and coming to give my novel bad ratings.

The author never deleted that rant, even when pretending to 'just want to be left alone'. And just a couple of weeks ago, sent another of his readers to give me another 1-star rating, since that user had a lot of comments on that novel and didn't read anything of mine, I was able to report them and have the rating removed. But the one I got yesterday was anonymous, so even if it's clear that it also comes from them (since it's so soon after the last one and I'm not really getting readers lately), I cannot do anything about it.

I know that posting this is going to accomplish nothing more than me being insulted again, but it's not like I have anything to lose. I know that in a couple more weeks they will send someone else to give me another 1-star, this is never going to stop. I'm an acceptable target that cannot fight back, and they are not going to pass the chance to live out their fantasies in real life.

Corty

I need a vacation.
Screenshot the rants when they happen so you have proof that they are targeting you. Provide said proof and evidence, and then get them banned.

Problem solved. It is the internet. Always cover your back when you can; nobody else will. Live and learn.

Edit:

After reading all that unfolded below, I don't really believe OP here with everything that is stated above. Not before a concrete proof is shown.

Last edited:

Teanam

Oh, you mean the rant I wrote after you effectively called me a racist "without actually meaning it".

The rant I wrote after you called my story a "disgusting thing"?

The rant where I added the part that no one should rate your story after your readers started to rate my story after you dedicated a whole chapter of your story, telling everyone how horrible I and my story are? The "chapter" where you posted a ton of DMs between us?

The rant that is still there to make sure you don't twist things into your narrative even more?

The rant that has absolutely no mention of your name anymore?

The rant I had since the very beginning in a spoiler tag in a comment below a chapter I don't even remember anymore which one it was?

Or is this about last month, when you had dedicated another chapter of your story trying to bait me, which I only found out about after some of my readers messaged me and when I noticed some additional 1* rating?

Or a little time after the initial "drama" when I wrote you a message after I got a bad rating from someone who gave you a good one, asking if that happened to you too and if I need to tell off my readers to stop if their story got more unfair ratings, only for you to say, "ah, no that was my roommate/friend (don't remember what exactly) who gave the rating".

But of course, every bad rating you get is now automatically my fault, even though the only time I remember your story is when you rant about me again, but sure, go ahead and insult all of my readers, and probably many of yours, too, because they're definitely a shared reader base.

Get over your obsession, or at least leave me out of this. I never did anything like sending my readers to your story. I even forgot about the whole thing. Except for the reminders you're still giving me every now and then! You're not an acceptable target that can't fight back, you're the only one fighting any fight at all.

Last edited:
When I pointed out how revolting that was, the author posted a rant to mark me as one such acceptable target. And as expected of the kind of audience such a novel would attract, they all began shitting on me endlessly and coming to give my novel bad ratings.
oh nyoo
1684846208466.png

Lloyd

Professional Writer
You made me immediately think of this 😂😂😂

forli

Oh, you mean the rant I wrote after you effectively called me a racist "without actually meaning it".

The rant where I added the part that no one should rate your story after your readers started to rate my story after you dedicated a whole chapter of your story, telling everyone how horrible I and my story are? The "chapter" where you posted a ton of DMs between us?

The rant that is still there to make sure you don't twist things into your narrative even more?

The rant I had since the very beginning in a spoiler tag in a comment below a chapter I don't even remember anymore which one it was?

Or is this about last month, when you had dedicated another chapter of your story trying to bait me, which I only found out about after some of my readers messaged me and when I noticed some additional 1* rating?

Or a little time after the initial "drama" when I wrote you a message after I got a bad rating from someone who gave you a good one, asking if that happened to you too and if I need to tell off my readers to stop if their story got more unfair ratings, only for you to say, "ah, no that was my roommate/friend (don't remember what exactly) who gave the rating".

But of course, every bad rating you get is now automatically my fault, even though the only time I remember your story is when you rant about me again, but sure, go ahead and insult all of my readers, and probably many of yours, too, because they're definitely a shared reader base.

Get over your obsession, or at least leave me out of this. I never did anything like sending my readers to your story. I even forgot about the whole thing. Except for the reminders you're still giving me every now and then! You're not an acceptable target that can't fight back, you're the only one fighting any fight at all.
Your reader, that did not read my novel, was the one who gave me a one-star rating. If it was a month ago I would assume that they just saw my post, but a few weeks later it can only mean that you either told him directly to do it or you were talking shit about m in private, and that led him to do it. Either way, you sent him.
You literally wrote a story about how a person's worth is determined entirely by their race, a story that also glorifies genocide. It's really hard to talk about something like that without implying racism.

Desustar

i like well written novels be it narratives plot or drama. i care not what genre it is or how fucked up the story is. it's a story, and i treat it as one. but i think this is absolutely not what you came here to hear lol. but yeah, i think the fault would be when you tried to point out how revolting the story is FOR YOU. i agree that having a group of people harass you with 1star ratings a shitty thing to do (which i don't believe just yet) but yeah, hopefully you get your situation resolved.

Lloyd

Professional Writer

The plot thickens.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_ghost: Your conclusion is quite obvious if you think about it. But you are nevertheless correct.
:blob_uwu: Also welcome to the rant club. :blob_reach:

Assurbanipal_II

Who's correct about what?
:blob_reach: You are correct, it is quite logical that our beliefs and views are reflected in all aspects of our life, either consciously or unconsciously.

:blob_happy:Why would you something read you don't agree with? Obviously that is not the case and we inherently seek validating information.

Teanam

Your reader, that did not read my novel, was the one who gave me a one-star rating. If it was a month ago I would assume that they just saw my post, but a few weeks later it can only mean that you either told him directly to do it or you were talking shit about m in private, and that led him to do it. Either way, you sent him.

That would imply that I cared about this topic for longer than a week when it happened last month. That's quite the stretch. Though, to be fair, the 1* star aside, I was quite happy that a couple of your readers gave my story an earnest go and seemingly had a great time because I got like 5-10 times the usual favorite/like markings when your rant was up the last month.

Seriously, why would I involve my readers in any of that?

You literally wrote a story about how a person's worth is determined entirely by their race, a story that also glorifies genocide. It's really hard to talk about something like that without implying racism.

Oh, yeah, the side tangent that was "relevant" (I can't even call it relevant) for 3-5 chapters about a badly written race with an unjustified superior complex that is disliked by other races because they start fights they can't win. Not because of who they are, but what they do and act like.
Okay, to be fair again, it might be more than 5 chapters by now, because there has been a foundation for a redemption arc been laid.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

:blob_reach: In fact, you can easily translate your conclusion to entire genres. Have you never wondered, for example, why the modern superhero genre is so uniquely American and holds such a popular appeal there?