The secret to weight loss is...

Lysander_Works

Wrecking your metabolism is one way to lose weight...
Not saying I recommend it, but, it is a way.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Wrecking your metabolism is one way to lose weight...
Not saying I recommend it, but, it is a way.
How? Don’t people normally try to balance their metabolism?

Lysander_Works

How? Don’t people normally try to balance their metabolism?
Normally.
Years of my medications have been unkind to me though, and now I have certain issues eating.
Got my meds working better and all, but that metabolic issue still lingers.
I eat half of what I used to in volume, and this was after cutting out all breakfast, Cheetos, and mac n cheese

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
the secret is just calories in, calories out. if you use more calories than you eat, while still making sure to get all the nutrients you need, you lose weight. simple equation. I'd be going for walks the past few days, but the weather is pouring rain and i don't like being cold and wet just to get my steps in.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
the secret is just calories in, calories out. if you use more calories than you eat, while still making sure to get all the nutrients you need, you lose weight. simple equation. I'd be going for walks the past few days, but the weather is pouring rain and i don't like being cold and wet just to get my steps in.
Thing is you also can’t eat too few calories or your body will go standby and hoard everything that gets in. It also sucks if the metabolism is wack due to diseases/changes because of age.

chippubo12

Bruh, I did it for two days without result 😭
wait did u eat anything other than just water? Your stomach will have to constantly crumble from hungry and from then it will start to burn your muscle and fat to get energy tho

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
You live in Bulgaria? Sis, can I see the europeans? :blobspearpeek:
Step 1: Go talk to your doctor, do blood and urine tests.
Step 2: Don't overexercise. A walk per day is enough.
Step 3: NO Snacking between meals. Just eat enough during mealtimes. Don't bother with people, who will shame you for the portion sizes. (Personally, I just eat a big sandwich at work. Nothing special about it. Just bread, salami and cheese. Sometimes fish rolls also end up in the sandwich.)
Step 3: Avoid junk food! (I ate a bag of oven chips, and ballooned with 600 grams. The thing is, not even something they try to sell you as healthy is actually healthy. If it has ingredients you can't even pronounce, it will end up as extra padding.)
Step 4: If you haven't done step 1, you will definitely have a hard time. You can also ask your doctor to do you a test, to see what your resting metabolism is like. You know, so you will exercise just enough, and not end up like me. Someone who used to spend 2–3 hours per day overexercising, as the fat kept piling on.

Why do I think step 1 led me to a better life? Because:

I lost 6kg and 600 grams in 4 weeks.
My chronic pain is gone.
I can actually sleep through the night now, without waking up before the alarm.
I no longer feel the urge to eat sugar.

If you take nothing else in consideration, please consider step 1. The tests might save your life. I don't know how it is in your country, but the state health insurance in Bulgaria covers them.

And, honestly, everyone has 30 minutes per day for a walk. I ate pizza yesterday, and still lost 900 grams from yesterday to today. It is not impossible, but without professional help it is too hard for words. Yes, there are weight loss books, but honestly, the authors have taken only the average man or woman in consideration. The thing is, we are all unique, so our meal plans and exercise plans are unique as well.

Thank you for your time! =) I hope this helps. Let us get slim together!

greyliliy

For general people without medical issues, I think a good first step is to get used to tracking calories before you start eating with a deficit.

Get a calorie tracking app (Calorie Counter, My Fitness Pal, whatever) and log every single thing you eat. Meals. Snacks. Desserts. Don't guess, either.

Weigh. Everything.

That includes sauces and dressings. You'd be shocked how many calories are in a dipping sauce.

You will know how many calories you are actually consuming in a day, and if you've never done it before, you may be shocked by the results and how easy it is to eat 3,000 to 4,000 calories in a day.

Second step is to get used to drinking the recommended amount of water a day (Half your weight in ounces). My friend who had weight loss surgery shared that you need to be hydrated to lose weight.

After both those things are habit, then you can start worrying about lowering how many calories you eat in a day, as well as paying attention to high and low density calorie counts (Ex, 100 calories of chicken is way more food and filling than 100 calories of chocolate).

It's tedious, but I've lost 30 lbs the past year, so it's worked. XD

(This is a summary of advice I've gotten from friends who have lost weight and nutrition advice on YouTube I've found helpful.)

Last edited:

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
For general people without medical issues, I think a good first step is to get used to tracking calories before you start eating with a deficit.

Get a calorie tracking app (Calorie Counter, My Fitness Pal, whatever) and log every single thing you eat. Meals. Snacks. Desserts. Don't guess, either.

Weigh. Everything.

That includes sauces and dressings. You'd be shocked how many calories are in a dipping sauce.

You will know how many calories you are actually consuming in a day, and if you've never done it before, you may be shocked by the results and how easy it is to eat 3,000 to 4,000 calories in a day.

Second step is to get used to drinking the recommended amount of water a day (Half your weight in ounces). My friend who had weight loss surgery shared that you need to be hydrated to lose weight.

After both those things are habit, then you can start worrying about lowering how many calories you eat in a day, as well as paying attention to high and low density calorie counts (Ex, 100 calories of chicken is way more food and filling than 100 calories of chocolate).

It's tedious, but I've lost 30 lbs the past year, so it's worked. XD

(This is a summary of advice I've gotten from friends who have lost weight and nutrition advice on YouTube I've found helpful.)
Weigh. Everything.

I had a colleague who weighted every meal. Now she weights more than me, but she weighted 80 kg once. Moral of the story: Eat enough, move your ass, go see a doctor.